PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 4 Crashing on Principe Mission!

TheHogGamer
01-04-2014, 03:06 PM
So yesterday when I was playing, I just got into the mission where you sail to Principe for the first time and you are required to sink five enemy ships. When I went past a certain point the game just crashed, saying "AC4BFSP Has Stopped Working" (or something along those lines). I have seen that some other people have had this problem as well and they said it was because of the 1.04 patch. So I uninstalled the game and re-downloaded from Uplay. When it had finished downloading it I made Uplay go to offline mode to avoid it patching the game. But no, it still crashes and now not even in the game! It crashes in the loading part where Edward is in the virtual animus thing. Please help, anything would be appreciated.

TheBuzwell
01-04-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm having the same problem, no clue how to fix it but it is very annoying, I want to proceed in the story and at first I thought it was a memory problem, but I have allocated 4GB to it and I'm still having the same problem. I also have a slow internet speed and it takes about a day to download this game, so uninstalling it is not ideal, anything else would be great if you find out how. Also I'm a PC gamer, not on xbox, just don't like my normal uplay screen name.

Kazlok
01-04-2014, 03:53 PM
There is a big thread on this already (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818040-Trust-is-earned-campaign-keeps-crashing-cannot-progress/page11?)

Apparently there was a Physx patch introduced which is causing this bug and crashing everyone's games out..

If you have a physical copy you can try installing it, and running it in offline mode to try and bypass the mission before re-enabling uPlay

TheBuzwell
01-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Sadly I do not have have a physical copy, I got the game free with my graphics card, so I cannot do that, thanks for the advice however.

TheHogGamer
01-04-2014, 04:16 PM
No me neither I have the digital version of the game. Ubisoft really need to get on top of this!