PDA

View Full Version : Is freedom cry worth the money

ACIDIC SWORDS
01-04-2014, 05:24 AM
I loved the main game but is freedom cry unique enough to be worth anything also how are the other ezio and altair things with the season pass cause i might get that

LoyalACFan
01-04-2014, 05:30 AM
It's the best story DLC AC has ever produced in my opinion. It's a little short, but it'll give you a surprising amount of bang for your buck. I'd say it's worth it.

The Altair and Ezio pack, however, is kind of underwhelming. You get matched pairs of these two swords

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130712145604/assassinscreed/images/1/1d/Sword_of_Altairpng.png
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120102220405/assassinscreed/images/7/7f/Assassin-yataghan-sword-render.png

both of which are weaker than the pistol swords, along with two eagle figureheads and two sets of white sails. Nothing mindblowing.

ACIDIC SWORDS
01-04-2014, 05:34 AM
Ok thanks what are the stats in the swords?? Kinda curious

LoyalACFan
01-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Not sure off the top of my head but I think one of them is 4-2-3 and the other is 3-2-4.

DinoSteve1
01-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Altairs blade should be more. Should be the best all round sword in every game.

LoyalACFan
01-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Altairs blade should be more. Should be the best all round sword in every game.

Why? I don't want to be rewarded with the exact same thing in every game.

Fatal-Feit
01-04-2014, 11:21 AM
It's the best story DLC AC has ever produced in my opinion. It's a little short, but it'll give you a surprising amount of bang for your buck. I'd say it's worth it.

The Altair and Ezio pack, however, is kind of underwhelming. You get matched pairs of these two swords

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130712145604/assassinscreed/images/1/1d/Sword_of_Altairpng.png
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120102220405/assassinscreed/images/7/7f/Assassin-yataghan-sword-render.png

both of which are weaker than the pistol swords, along with two eagle figureheads and two sets of white sails. Nothing mindblowing.

Does stats really matter anyway? AC:IV's combat is nowhere as complicated as AC:3. 1/1/1 means almost nothing. Just break their defenses and finish the job. Rinse and repeat. :(

I found myself switching weapons, sails, and clothing quite a lot so the extra accessories were pretty cool, IMO. The fact that they completed my Atlair and Ezio set was more than I could ask but to each their own I suppose. :o

adventurewomen
01-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Altair's sword was pretty good in AC4, as like it was in other AC games the strength of the sword has stayed the same it's still powerful. It's still the best sword in the game.

To answer the OP's question Freedom Cry is worth the money, it was a great experience playing the DLC to learn more about Adewale was great.

Rizilliant
01-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Sword of Altair should be the b est sword in every AC game.. Its the Ultimate assassin sword, and had been up to this point...Nostalgia man! Altair begain the series, and is an Icon of Assassins Creed!

SixKeys
01-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Alta´r's sword was a nice addition in AC2. While it was my favorite weapon, it's kind of lost its lustre, especially since Edward has zero connection to Alta´r.

SleezeRocker
01-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Yeah freedom Cry is very fun! Yeah it's short (like most add story since they usually only 1.5gb downloads) but it makes up for in side missions like rescuing salves etc and getting upgrades in the progress.

Also for the Swords I think they are:

Altair is like 4-5-5
Ezio is 5-4-4

If you have the UPlay Toledo Swords, they are the same stats as Altairs Swords.

Basically the only real difference is Ezio has stronger attack, Altair is faster.

Dev_Anj
01-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Alta´r's sword was a nice addition in AC2. While it was my favorite weapon, it's kind of lost its lustre, especially since Edward has zero connection to Alta´r.

I am amused by how the collectable Altair sword in every game after Assassin's Creed 1 implies that it's somehow rust proof and efficient after more than 2 centuries. How exactly could Altair modify the sword to last until the 18th century, perhaps even later?

SixKeys
01-04-2014, 09:24 PM
I am amused by how the collectable Altair sword in every game after Assassin's Creed 1 implies that it's somehow rust proof and efficient after more than 2 centuries. How exactly could Altair modify the sword to last until the 18th century, perhaps even later?

TWCB technology? :p

silvermercy
01-04-2014, 09:44 PM
I haven't looked to purchase it yet. Waiting to get my PS4 console still... For those with a PS4, is the DLC any different when you play it there? I mean, is there a PS3 and PS4 version I'm not aware of??

Shahkulu101
01-04-2014, 09:50 PM
I haven't looked to purchase it yet. Waiting to get my PS4 console still... For those with a PS4, is the DLC any different when you play it there? I mean, is there a PS3 and PS4 version I'm not aware of??

PS4 version has graphical enhancements of main game on story DLC such as Freedom Cry. No exclusive features for either generation of consoles.

silvermercy
01-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Ah ok, thanks! ^

Hrafnagud72
01-04-2014, 10:05 PM

His armor (which I am gonna assume his sword was with it) sat in a vault for around 2 centuries until Ezio figured out how to open it. So for those years it wasn't just left around for the elements to eat at it. It was relatively preserved. What happened to it after Ezio and the roughly 2 centuries later, I am not sure. But it isn't too hard to think it could survive for 4 centuries and still be an effective weapon with some polishing up. Now, how Edward came upon the sword is the real question.

Hans684
01-04-2014, 10:08 PM
His armor (which I am gonna assume his sword was with it) sat in a vault for around 2 centuries until Ezio figured out how to open it. So for those years it wasn't just left around for the elements to eat at it. It was relatively preserved. What happened to it after Ezio and the roughly 2 centuries later, I am not sure. But it isn't too hard to think it could survive for 4 centuries and still be an effective weapon with some polishing up. Now, how Edward came upon the sword is the real question.

Stole it from the Carribean Assassins :p

Hrafnagud72
01-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Stole it from the Carribean Assassins :p

It's certainly plausible given his stature lol.

Hans684
01-04-2014, 10:21 PM
It's certainly plausible given his stature lol.

Take as he please and do as he likes.

DinoSteve1
01-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Would people who have played Freedom Cry on the PS3/360 rebuy freedom cry if they get a next gen copy?

Hrafnagud72
01-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Would people who have played Freedom Cry on the PS3/360 rebuy freedom cry if they get a next gen copy?

I'm not gonna buy a new gen copy. From what I can tell there isn't much difference between the current gen to new gen, so there isn't really much reason to switch. But, if I did get a new gen copy I think I would buy Freedom Cry again. I think it was one of the best DLC so far and certainly worth the $10.

LoyalACFan
01-05-2014, 05:05 AM
Does stats really matter anyway? AC:IV's combat is nowhere as complicated as AC:3. 1/1/1 means almost nothing. Just break their defenses and finish the job. Rinse and repeat. :(

The combo stat is important, since it means you have to hit them fewer times before they die, useful mainly for the captain archetypes you can't properly counter. Other than that I have no idea what the stats even do.