PDA

View Full Version : AC4: No Blood splat/Wounded effect?

Nyarlathotep.-
01-04-2014, 02:48 AM
When i stab a enemy i cant see the effect of the blood on his clothes or his face.
Ive seen it on consoles but i didnt see it on the PC version...any update?

ScRaT902010
01-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I can't see those effects too. These effects were present in AC3, however I saw videos of AC4 with these wounded effects. I'm so disappointed, it just takes all impressions and immersion :(

ScRaT902010
01-06-2014, 04:57 AM
Anybody! Is there any way to turn the wounds/blood on clothes on, or does anybody have these effects on PC? The blood is on in the settings.

ScRaT902010
01-06-2014, 07:54 AM
I think some people have these effects, it is possible that some hardware can not render the wounds. IT IS SO DISAPPOINTING

ScRaT902010
01-06-2014, 08:19 AM
In this video you can see that blood stays on faces, cloth and sleeves. I would be glad to see these effects in my AC4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbF1-uE_8EY

ScRaT902010
01-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Somebody please check your game and reply to this thread if you have or do not have these effects.

Nyarlathotep.-
01-07-2014, 03:29 AM
Somebody please check your game and reply to this thread if you have or do not have these effects.

I want an update with those effects :C

ScRaT902010
01-07-2014, 06:40 AM
I want an update with those effects :C
apparently no one is interested in this issue except us

Nyarlathotep.-
01-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Wth Ubisoft 323 views and only 7 replies...

ScRaT902010
01-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Does anybody have these effects enabled? Please check it, and reply to this thread

betterdrinkmy
01-09-2014, 06:36 PM
yes they're enabled for me, and they stay for a while on corpses before they despawn
anyway why the hell do you want more gore, do i need to alert your local schools?

Nyarlathotep.-
01-09-2014, 06:48 PM
yes they're enabled for me, and they stay for a while on corpses before they despawn
anyway why the hell do you want more gore, do i need to alert your local schools?

Can you give me your PC spec?

And i want more gore because the console players have this feature and i want it too (Sorry for my english...)

betterdrinkmy
01-09-2014, 07:09 PM
Can you give me your PC spec?

And i want more gore because the console players have this feature and i want it too (Sorry for my english...)

no i'm sorry sir i'm far too abashed to post any specs whatsoever for deathly fear of being laughed out of the forums by PC elitists with rigs they purchased with weekly allowance

Nyarlathotep.-
01-09-2014, 07:26 PM
no i'm sorry sir i'm far too abashed to post any specs whatsoever for deathly fear of being laughed out of the forums by PC elitists with rigs they purchased with weekly allowance

Ok...

Anykeyer
01-09-2014, 09:24 PM
I do have those ugly splats. Nvidia GTX

Nyarlathotep.-
01-09-2014, 10:36 PM
I do have those ugly splats. Nvidia GTX

I have an GTX 650 and i cant see the effect of the blood in the faces and clothes of the enemies...

PC Specs?

Mr_Shade
01-10-2014, 01:03 PM
very odd you are missing effects..

You 100% sure you are not running some custom config / original version of the game - and have latest drivers for your GPU?

If you are sure - try altering your graphics settings - to something lower / higher - play for a while, then reset them to your normal setting.

Very, very odd issue..

Nyarlathotep.-
01-10-2014, 06:49 PM

You 100% sure you are not running some custom config / original version of the game - and have latest drivers for your GPU?

If you are sure - try altering your graphics settings - to something lower / higher - play for a while, then reset them to your normal setting.

Very, very odd issue..

I will try that...

i really want those effects...ive seen it on AC3 but i cant see it on AC4...
My friend has this issue too and he says that Ubisoft removed that feature from the PC version.

Nyarlathotep.-
01-10-2014, 08:42 PM

Very, very odd issue..

I still have that issue...

Blood splat on the ground but no blood splat on the clothes or faces...

Frag_Maniac
01-11-2014, 01:22 AM
Yes, I see blood splatter on ground and anything in it's path.

There's also a setting to enable it in the "General" menu:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/208/apo5.png

I recall when playing one of the previous titles on a much weaker PC I couldn't see the blood, so what was said about needing the right hardware is likely true.

jeffies04
01-11-2014, 08:52 AM
I checked in my game for this and compared it to what I remember from ACIII. In ACIII I remember the clothes would stain with blood (pretty cool looking actually) when you stabbed somebody, but in my ACIV game blood sprays everywhere, on the ground even, but I don't have the clothes staining. I've seen videos of peoples game and it has it, but not in my game. Just the spray of blood and ground-splatter. I wonder why...?

I'm on an i7-3770K 3.5GHz with 16GB RAM and a slightly OC'd GTX 780 FTW 3GB... I have no problem with performance otherwise...

ScRaT902010
01-11-2014, 04:46 PM
I checked in my game for this and compared it to what I remember from ACIII. In ACIII I remember the clothes would stain with blood (pretty cool looking actually) when you stabbed somebody, but in my ACIV game blood sprays everywhere, on the ground even, but I don't have the clothes staining. I've seen videos of peoples game and it has it, but not in my game. Just the spray of blood and ground-splatter. I wonder why...?

I'm on an i7-3770K 3.5GHz with 16GB RAM and a slightly OC'd GTX 780 FTW 3GB... I have no problem with performance otherwise...

This is a really strange issue. I play AC4 on my laptop which has Geforce GTX660m videocard, and I have no problems with performance on medium-high settings. However, I still can not see these blood on clothes and wounds effects. I tried changing settings and updating drivers, but nothing works. But I wonder why some people have these effects and others not.

Nyarlathotep.-
01-12-2014, 04:04 AM
This is a really strange issue. I play AC4 on my laptop which has Geforce GTX660m videocard, and I have no problems with performance on medium-high settings. However, I still can not see these blood on clothes and wounds effects. I tried changing settings and updating drivers, but nothing works. But I wonder why some people have these effects and others not.

My friend says that ubisoft removed this feature from the PC version... I WANT AN UPDATE WITH THESE EFFECTS!!!!!!

ScRaT902010
01-12-2014, 10:36 AM
My friend says that ubisoft removed this feature from the PC version... I WANT AN UPDATE WITH THESE EFFECTS!!!!!!
I think these effects depend on hardware

KmarkoPL
01-12-2014, 07:49 PM
I did not noticed this effect until I did read that thread , I have all , Blood splatter on ground and clothes
Running Asus GTX480

Nyarlathotep.-
01-12-2014, 07:53 PM
I did not noticed this effect until I did read that thread , I have all , Blood splatter on ground and clothes
Running Asus GTX480

Can you take a screenshot?

Mr_Shade
01-12-2014, 08:24 PM
This is a really strange issue. I play AC4 on my laptop which has Geforce GTX660m videocard,

That maybe why..

Laptop cards are not supported by the game, so you maybe missing some shader effects, due to it.

Nyarlathotep.-
01-12-2014, 08:35 PM
That maybe why..

Laptop cards are not supported by the game, so you maybe missing some shader effects, due to it.

Ive seen some gameplays on a GTX 770 and they are missing the effect too.

Mr_Shade
01-12-2014, 08:37 PM
I am just offering up opinions..

If it's shader related - it's possible drivers /hardware would have an impact - assuming you have tried playing with the settings all set to max [sometimes effects are scaled back at lower settings]

Nyarlathotep.-
01-12-2014, 08:40 PM
I am just offering up opinions..

If it's shader related - it's possible drivers /hardware would have an impact - assuming you have tried playing with the settings all set to max [sometimes effects are scaled back at lower settings]

i will try to put my settings on low.

Mr_Shade
01-12-2014, 08:42 PM
setting to low - would not enable settings which maybe disabled at low levels ?

You need to set everything to High /Max - to check - and double check the blood setting.

Nyarlathotep.-
01-12-2014, 09:24 PM

You need to set everything to High /Max - to check - and double check the blood setting.

I tried but it didnt change.

jeffies04
01-12-2014, 09:58 PM

I play maxed out now that I have my 780 desktop card and I get a great blood spray and splatters on the ground but the clothes aren't stained. It's minor and more of a curiosity issue for me, but fuel for discussing why it might be. I notice in the cut scenes when it cranks everything up close up it DOES put the staining on the clothes, but not in normal play like aciii.

Nyarlathotep.-
01-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Any solution for this bug?

Nyarlathotep.-
01-14-2014, 02:02 AM
Only 33 Replies...

Nyarlathotep.-
01-15-2014, 10:34 PM
Now im playing Freedom cry and there is no blood splat on the clothes and it looks weird...i can see the blood splat only on the cutscenes.

ScRaT902010
01-17-2014, 04:50 AM
The abscence of such effects just pisses me off. And the game feels defective

Steff_1987
01-19-2014, 09:32 PM
I also don't see the blood effects on clothes, enemies and weapons... and I am playing on a PS4!!
Anyone has an idea what might be the problem? Most of the people seem to have these effects, but others don't... that is quite strange! An official statement from ubisoft would be great.

Nyarlathotep.-
01-20-2014, 03:36 AM
I also don't see the blood effects on clothes, enemies and weapons... and I am playing on a PS4!!
Anyone has an idea what might be the problem? Most of the people seem to have these effects, but others don't... that is quite strange! An official statement from ubisoft would be great.
Yeah, ive seen a gameplay in PS4 and i didnt see those effects too...ive send a question to the Ubisoft support (2 weeks ago) and i dont have an answer yet...Wth

ScRaT902010
01-20-2014, 05:23 PM
Very strange. I though this problem occurs only on th PC version of the game.

Steff_1987
01-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Please let us know if you get any new Information concerning the problem, that is a very strange issue...

Nyarlathotep.-
01-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Please let us know if you get any new Information concerning the problem, that is a very strange issue...

At the time i dont have any information of the problem...but i`ve seen that the next gen platforms only have this issue(PS4,XBOX ONE and PC), XBOX 360 and PS3 can see the blood splat on the clothes...

jeffies04
01-22-2014, 02:11 AM
From what I can tell there are two blood methods.. .one is the spray effect/splatter, and the other is the bloody clothes effect... Is the blood spray on the last-gen systems or is it just the clothing effect?

I'm starting to wonder if, when they were trying to optimize performance to add all the other next-gen effects, that they made a conscious choice to keep the spray/splatter and not the clothes staining in an effort to manage resources. (Except of course in close cut-scenes)

Nyarlathotep.-
01-22-2014, 02:21 AM
From what I can tell there are two blood methods.. .one is the spray effect/splatter, and the other is the bloody clothes effect... Is the blood spray on the last-gen systems or is it just the clothing effect?

I'm starting to wonder if, when they were trying to optimize performance to add all the other next-gen effects, that they made a conscious choice to keep the spray/splatter and not the clothes staining in an effort to manage resources. (Except of course in close cut-scenes)

Yes, i was thinking on that...

Steff_1987
01-22-2014, 10:57 AM
I don't think that there are two separate effects, the spray effect is visible on all systems, but it seems like there is a problem with the blood in clothes (wounds) and weapons in the PS4, Xboxone and PC version. What I fnf out two days ago and what is quite strange is, that I can see the effects on clothes and weapons in multiplayer, here everything works perfect (PS4), but not in singleplayer!!! It seems to be a strange problem...

Hope we'll hear a statement from the ubisoft support or from the devs.

ScRaT902010
01-23-2014, 03:26 PM
I don't think that there are two separate effects, the spray effect is visible on all systems, but it seems like there is a problem with the blood in clothes (wounds) and weapons in the PS4, Xboxone and PC version. What I fnf out two days ago and what is quite strange is, that I can see the effects on clothes and weapons in multiplayer, here everything works perfect (PS4), but not in singleplayer!!! It seems to be a strange problem...

Hope we'll hear a statement from the ubisoft support or from the devs.
It is really strange that these effects work in multiplayer, but do not work in singleplayer. But I read that some people in this forum do have these effects on PC, but they don't provide screenshots

jeffies04
01-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Hehe now I wish we had never started talking about it because I notice the lack of blood stains way too much now.

Nyarlathotep.-
01-26-2014, 06:11 PM
At the time i dont have a solution...ubisoft...Wth...

Nyarlathotep.-
01-31-2014, 12:45 AM
Ubisoft are you even seeing my post? I've made like 80 tickets (just kidding i just did 2)

hotcrossbums
02-16-2014, 05:37 PM
i'm playing on ps4 and like Steff_1987 said the blood is fine on multiplayer but not on single player and for some reason only one of swords get bloody in fight and the other one is sparkling clean, its not that big of a deal but it does dumb down the experience.

ToguroLucifer
03-05-2014, 09:49 PM
anyone found a solution yet to the problem of missing bloodwounds on PC?

krezel
03-12-2014, 04:38 PM
well.this isnt just pc problem . on ps4 theres no blood/wound splatter on enemies aswell.
I hope they patch this or something...

Nyarlathotep.-
04-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Any solution? ._.

tratmaster
09-08-2014, 06:14 PM
i want some patch for ac4 because i can t see any blood on clothes.
does anybody know why? :mad: :mad: :mad:

DarkSolitudeX
09-14-2014, 10:25 PM
I have AC4 on PC and I get tons of blood, blood on the ground, faces and clothes. My specs are:

Windows 7 64-bit
i5 4670
8 GB DDR3
GTX 760 (driver 335.23)

I am guessing it's your card or the drivers. Because blood works just fine.

Nyarlathotep.-
11-22-2014, 02:17 AM
I need photos, i saw some videos and i can't see them...

xXAlduin99
07-06-2015, 09:06 PM
Hello !
This is the only thread, which i found, that is about this SERIOUS problem.
I have seen in many let's plays (also on ps3/ps4 xbox360/one) that there are no blood effects in ac4. I played ac3, and it works fine there, i can't understand, why the blood effects only work for few people and why its so buggy, because in ac3 it works! without problems- for everyone!

I played assassins creed rogue, and the game uses the same engine for rendering blood- so there is also no blood on the models of guards for example..
i'm so upset because assassins creed is a game about killing people, and there are so many situations which you have to (or can) kill someone. And with this.. terrible effects.. sorry, it makes no fun. really. everytime i looked away if i killed someone, because its so.. static and ugly.
and ac4 and acR, especially Rogue, are great games. but.. it makes no fun to play as a assassin if killing people is so static like that, sorry :/

and NO, in my opinion assassins creed is not a overhearing and tracking simulator.. ( - ac 4 !)

btw, i have a GTX 650 graphic card. This technology should render that.....
i sent a support ticket to nvidia, maybe they can help?
in fact, ubisoft can't help- i already sent a ticket and they said, they can't do anything.

I hope something will change..
its so sad.. most of the people don't like unity and unitys new engine more than ac4 so.. i think ac4 and rogue are still important games..

BTW
i'm sorry if my english is weird... i'm german !