PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood The Truth question

Bozosaurus76
01-04-2014, 12:36 AM
So knowing what we know now after playing thru the entirity of Desmond's story is complete and we've played thru AC:4, what did Subject 16 mean when he was speaking to Desmond regarding "finding Eve" and Desmond's "son"... Also, was Lucy a double-double agent and initially betrayed the Templars then the Assassin's? If so, why would she break Desmond out of Abstergo to begin with?

SixKeys
01-04-2014, 06:12 AM
So knowing what we know now after playing thru the entirity of Desmond's story is complete and we've played thru AC:4, what did Subject 16 mean when he was speaking to Desmond regarding "finding Eve" and Desmond's "son"... Also, was Lucy a double-double agent and initially betrayed the Templars then the Assassin's? If so, why would she break Desmond out of Abstergo to begin with?

Basically the writers got bored of Subject 16 and completely dropped that story thread. The official answer from the devs is "Subject 16 said a lot of crazy stuff", aka not everything he said was necessarily true or important. If you listen to Desmond's recordings in AC4, you'll hear an explanation of sorts, which is that Subject 16 saw a bunch of alternate futures which drove him mad and apparently one of these possible futures was one in which Desmond was married and had a son. However, since Desmond is dead, that future obviously never came to pass.

Bozosaurus76
01-04-2014, 06:40 AM
So I looked up Lucy's AC wiki page and apparently her and Vidic orchestrated Desmond's escape from Abstergo so Desmond would feel safer working with the assassins and therefore access his memories better. There's also a rumor that she was pregnant with Desmond's child, therefore why Subject 16 says "your son" and why Juno has Deond srab Lucy in the gut. If so, that still leaves the question of who Eve is and where Eden is

AdrianJacek
01-04-2014, 09:12 AM
Basically the writers got bored of Subject 16 and completely dropped that story thread. The official answer from the devs is "Subject 16 said a lot of crazy stuff", aka not everything he said was necessarily true or important. If you listen to Desmond's recordings in AC4, you'll hear an explanation of sorts, which is that Subject 16 saw a bunch of alternate futures which drove him mad and apparently one of these possible futures was one in which Desmond was married and had a son. However, since Desmond is dead, that future obviously never came to pass.
Uh uh... they got "bored"... what you said sound more like a conjecture than anything else.
IF they got bored of it then why are they still explaining parts of it and adding to the entire mystery?
---
She is not who you think she is. - Lucy and Project Siren
Everything you hope to become, everything you hold dear, it’s already gone. - the prophecy of Desmond's death.
Eden - shown in AC2's Truth.
Find Eve - Eve was shown in AC2's Truth, heard in The Lost Archive and again mentioned at the end of AC3L
The key - AC3 had the Grand Temple Key
Her DNA - vague. Might be either Eve's or Juno's since she "uploaded" herself (pretty much her DNA code - all information about herself and her memories) to the Grand Temple servers.
The sun - the solar flare, of course.
Your son - alternate Desmond the Calculations spew out. (Mentioned in AC4)
I am with you 'til the end. - "This is the END, Desmond! Scheduled for deletion!"
Find me, in the darkness - The Black Room
---
Ps.: I'm more concerned about the fact this glitch has never been fixed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAx-ifxiTUQ

SixKeys
01-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Uh uh... they got "bored"... what you said sound more like a conjecture than anything else.
IF they got bored of it then why are they still explaining parts of it and adding to the entire mystery?

Because fans who were really invested in Desmond's story after ACB were furious and demanded a proper conclusion after ACR basically avoided the entire subject, opting to shift the series' biggest plot twist (Lucy being a Templar) into a DLC that nobody bought.

dxsxhxcx
01-04-2014, 03:29 PM
---

Eden - shown in AC2's Truth. (the way S16 mentioned Eden make it seems that there's more to it than just see it in the truth video)
Find Eve - Eve was shown in AC2's Truth, heard in The Lost Archive and again mentioned at the end of AC3L (but we didn't find her, saw her memories or found someone or something in the modern days that could be directly linked to her yet)
The key - AC3 had the Grand Temple Key (or any other key, we don't have any indication that the key he talked about was the Grand Temple Key, we just assumed it was because there was a key in AC3)
Her DNA - vague. Might be either Eve's or Juno's since she "uploaded" herself (pretty much her DNA code - all information about herself and her memories) to the Grand Temple servers. (if it's vague this means it still is a loose end)
---
Ps.: I'm more concerned about the fact this glitch has never been fixed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAx-ifxiTUQ

there's also another thing you didn't mentioned

Clay:No time. It is far later than you know. Too late to save them. (Them who? As far as I can remember, we didn't fail to save more than one person, so why say "them" instead of "he/she"?)

I agree with SixKeys, they dropped this story because they failed to proper explain all the doubts it raised, they just found a easy way out saying that S16 was crazy...

AdrianJacek
01-04-2014, 06:43 PM
As I said - they're still expanding the thing and adding to it. That means we're in the middle of it. No one has any real proof they dropped anything yet because no one's seen any of the future sequels. As long as the story is not entirely over whatever you say is a conjecture. Let's meet here when it IS over in 2030 and then you'll have the right to accuse them of being lazy or whatever.

Bozosaurus76
01-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Lol 2030.. But yea I suppose since we're in the middle of the story we dont know whether or not certain things got dropped from the overall plot. Definitely very weird that there all these hints in AC2 and Brotherhood yet none of that becomes important during Desmond's story arc. Maybe we'll have future games with a "Subject 18" who is actually a descendant of Eve? That's all pure conjecture at this point though

Hans684
01-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Wouldn't call it lazy, people want awnsers as fast as possible it seems, but they are still expanding everything about the series from "concepts" to story and we are in the middle of it. Meaning there will be good and bad moments since the story is far from over. Fun fact: Ubisoft has said they would like to reach ACX/10 and that with all the world history it is possible to make 30(if i remember correctly) games.

PedroAntonio2
01-04-2014, 10:53 PM
''Too late to save them''. He is talking about the world being consumed by the Sun, isn't that obvious ? Minerva said in ACIII ending... ''It's too late (..) your only option is to survive''.

PedroAntonio2
01-04-2014, 10:57 PM
They never explained the ACII Truth Video. Why Eve screamed '' LOOK OUT!'' ? Who showed up ? It would be cool if they showed this scene again, but when she screams '' LOOK OUT!'' Juno appears and tells them to give the Apple to her, then Eve says no and use the artefact to create a huge blast thar free everyone's mind from their control.