PDA

View Full Version : Weird Buried Chest glitch. (thread by Frag_Maniac)

Six_Gun
01-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Hello, Frag_Manic here. Just thought I'd let you know before I begin, because today Ubi seems to have gone on a spree and reset me to a login name I used YEARS ago that I was having trouble logging in with when I made a new account under Frag_Maniac, which I used successfully for some time on the forum. In fact my Uplay login is still Frag_Maniac, which I prefer. Worse yet, their auto login won't let me plug in Frag_Maniac as a user name.

Every once in awhile it will take me to the Uplay login, but usually as soon as I click login, it auto logs me in. If you're going to take the time to enforce policy in this way Ubi, at least be consistent with it. What's the point of making me use an age old forum login, when your forum now and then randomly takes me to the Uplay login, where I would have to put in Frag_Maniac anyway?

Needless to say Ubi's skill with forums and game browsers is somewhat hit and miss, and as far as consistency goes, forgetaboutit.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

Anyways, last night I was cleaning up after completing the AC IV campaign. I had around 8 treasure maps and 1 treasure from Kenway's Fleet yet to be acquired. After about the 4th treasure map, which was the one with Elite Fire Barrel Storage as a reward, the map kept showing after collecting the treasure. So I tried scrolling through other tools and fast traveling. Then I saw no maps showing at all and noticed in the Progress Tracker it was saying I'd collected all buried chests.

Since Kenway's Fleet progress transfers between save profiles, I then tried exiting game and logging in to my profile from my first run through, where I was still at 99% due to not having acquired one of the Kenway's Fleet treasurers. Oddly enough, it still showed one treasure missing. This is all the more reason to think this is a weird glitch, and I'm not sure if it's linked to the save system or not.

Tully__
01-04-2014, 03:21 AM
Hello, Frag_Manic here. Just thought I'd let you know before I begin, because today Ubi seems to have gone on a spree and reset me to a login name I used YEARS ago that I was having trouble logging in with when I made a new account under Frag_Maniac, which I used successfully for some time on the forum. In fact my Uplay login is still Frag_Maniac, which I prefer. Worse yet, their auto login won't let me plug in Frag_Maniac as a user name.
Try clearing cookies and cache in your browser to clear this up. If you have cookies for other sites that don't want to lose, you can clear only Ubi's cookies, however make sure you clear all of Ubi's cookies. Look for ubi.com, support.ubi.com, shop.ubi.com, uplay.ubi.com and any other combination that may be related to Ubisoft sites and / or servers. Log out of UPlay and forums before starting, clear cookies, close browser and wait 30 seconds. Re-open browser and try logging in again.

Six_Gun
01-04-2014, 04:35 AM
Try clearing cookies and cache in your browser to clear this up. If you have cookies for other sites that don't want to lose, you can clear only Ubi's cookies, however make sure you clear all of Ubi's cookies. Look for ubi.com, support.ubi.com, shop.ubi.com, uplay.ubi.com and any other combination that may be related to Ubisoft sites and / or servers. Log out of UPlay and forums before starting, clear cookies, close browser and wait 30 seconds. Re-open browser and try logging in again.

OK, will do, thanks Tully. The only reason I hadn't tried that was I was pressed for time and just logging out on the forum says cookies cleared. I wanted to PM you about this but couldn't find your profile tag to link to you with. I'll report back whether it fixes the problem.

Frag_Maniac
01-04-2014, 05:19 AM
Well that appears to have worked. Thanks again.

Tully__
01-04-2014, 05:41 AM
Well that appears to have worked. Thanks again.
Cool, that usually sorts oddities in these forums :)