PDA

View Full Version : Companion App Queries!

Pathfinder4879
01-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Hi all,

Hoping someone out there in the World Wide Web is able to provide an answer to the following:

Is the Companion App supposed to display friends ships so you can help them? Everything I've read about the app leads me to think that this is in fact possible.
(Have several friends on both XBL and Uplay - added via uplay website - playing this game of which I'm able to help via the game but not the app)

Is there something I've not activated properly or does the Samsung Galaxy S2 just not support the "friends" function

Kind Regards

GT: TendingMetal68
Uplay: Pathfinder34

wellb_b
01-04-2014, 03:36 AM
Yes you should see others uplay or Xbox.

Lankymart
01-04-2014, 08:45 AM
That is true but I find if I'm using just the app without my xbox connected at the time I don't see friends, but when I connect my xbox to the companion app and load Kenways Fleet through the companion app I see friends fleets to help. It's really flakey to be honest.

I'm not even seeing UPlay / Xbox friends in Kenways Fleet via in-game either!

Lethalla
01-04-2014, 10:47 AM
I have seen a total of three ships belonging to friends on the actual Companion App, and only since yesterday when I added a whole bunch of people on UPlay. It could be now that other people are helping said friends before I actually get to help them; I don't know. Before yesterday, friends' ships rarely showed up even in the Captain's Cabin Kenway's Fleet. I'm on PS4.

On PS3, I got no friends' ships in the Companion App (and there were no map icons either), but friends' ships were in the Captain's Cabin one.

So I don't think it's something you need to "activate" on your phone/tab, but rather you should add people on UPlay.
Feel free to add me = I don't know if it's console specific or just UPlay. My UPlay is Lethalla.

Pathfinder4879
01-05-2014, 01:24 AM
Well not sure if its console specific but finally have friends popping up on the App now, the three friends fleets I've seen so far though are only added on my Uplay list, but do have several others on that list that don't appear.

So could well be those three I'm seeing are on playing AC4 on the xbox and the others aren't, or that those are ones in my region.

Do wish sometimes that the documentation about the App were clearer on where friends need to be added for it to work properly.