PDA

View Full Version : This is my first Assassin's Creed game.....

MartynEast
01-03-2014, 03:58 PM
So could someone please add me on Uplay?
and show me the way to become a true Pirate!

Uplay: martyneast1
PSN: martyneast

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Mart.

RinoTheBouncer
01-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Uplay: RinoTheBouncer
PSN: RinoRichardCroft

;)

AdamPearce
01-03-2014, 04:35 PM
See everyone ? See what AC as become? A PIRATE GAME!

Proof > ''and show me the way to become a true Pirate!''

If we were in AC1-2-B-R-3 days, this would've been ''and show me the way to become a true Assassin!''

aaaaaaaaaaah!

DinoSteve1
01-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Well that escalated quickly.

yankeegamergirl
01-03-2014, 05:49 PM

If we were in AC1-2-B-R-3 days, this would've been ''and show me the way to become a true Assassin!''

aaaaaaaaaaah!

Don't worry I feel your pain...I'm a purist too :) Haven't even brought IV yet. lol

mikeyf1999
01-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Don't worry I feel your pain...I'm a purist too :) Haven't even brought IV yet. lol

Purist wtf lol :)

yankeegamergirl
01-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Purist wtf lol :)

lol...:)

RoBg03
01-03-2014, 07:02 PM

you're cheating yourself.

yankeegamergirl
01-03-2014, 07:29 PM
you're cheating yourself.

Oh I will buy it at some point because I'm trying to stay loyal to the series (although this is becoming increasingly difficult) but it was just a little personal temporary boycott because I'm not happy with the direction the series is going and didn't want my purchase in release sales figures. I'm aware it may be better than ACIII (don't get me started on that lol) so that in itself is a plus but we'll see. I may even buy it second hand (and I NEVER buy second hand games).

Fatal-Feit
01-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Oh I will buy it at some point because I'm trying to stay loyal to the series (although this is becoming increasingly difficult) but it was just a little personal temporary boycott because I'm not happy with the direction the series is going and didn't want my purchase in release sales figures. I'm aware it may be better than ACIII (don't get me started on that lol) so that in itself is a plus but we'll see. I may even buy it second hand (and I NEVER buy second hand games).

Innovation on story and gameplay is clearly a problem with video games, isn't it? Why can't the series be like CoD. Best games, always down to its roots, hands down.

AssassinHMS
01-03-2014, 09:12 PM

I respect people who have strong principles based on objectivity and, I must say, I am quite pleased to see an example of this rare breed. However, I should warn you that you are part of a small minority of the huge (so-called) AC fan base. Ubisoft gladly surrenders AC's concept in the name of money and the "fans" won't do anything else other than applaud and buy the products without ever stopping to think about the franchise.
Worse, they won’t admit AC has an actual concept (will call it any Historical game with Assassins thrown into it without ever taking in consideration the many pillars of AC), all because most don’t get the difference between “adapting a concept to keep the games fresh” and “getting rid of the concept in order to appeal to everyone while adding a different coat every new instalment to keep a fresh appearance”. People will justify Ubisoft’s actions by saying AC’s concept isn’t fun (only because they found AC1 boring), they will ignore most rational points because, what they really want, are their “AC” games full of cheap violence, mindless action and with a challenge level made for newborns. Welcome to the biggest casual fanbase in the world, that only came after AC1 (since that’s when Ubisoft decided to appeal to this kind of audience).

Anyway, I really am glad to see that there are still a few people that won’t buy whatever Ubisoft throws at them. Congratulations!

SixKeys
01-03-2014, 09:24 PM
I respect people who have strong principles based on objectivity and, I must say, I am quite pleased to see an example of this rare breed. However, I should warn you that you are part of a small minority of the huge (so-called) AC fan base. Ubisoft gladly surrenders AC's concept in the name of money and the "fans" won't do anything else other than applaud and buy the products without ever stopping to think about the franchise.
Worse, they won’t admit AC has an actual concept (will call it any Historical game with Assassins thrown into it without ever taking in consideration the many pillars of AC), all because most don’t get the difference between “adapting a concept to keep the games fresh” and “getting rid of the concept in order to appeal to everyone while adding a different coat every new instalment to keep a fresh appearance”. People will justify Ubisoft’s actions by saying AC’s concept isn’t fun (only because they found AC1 boring), they will ignore most rational points because, what they really want, are their “AC” games full of cheap violence, mindless action and with a challenge level made for newborns. Welcome to the biggest casual fanbase in the world, that only came after AC1 (since that’s when Ubisoft decided to appeal to this kind of audience).

Anyway, I really am glad to see that there are still a few people that won’t buy whatever Ubisoft throws at them. Congratulations!

You must be fun at parties. :rolleyes:

Has it ever occurred to you that people buy games simply to have fun?

AssassinHMS
01-03-2014, 09:35 PM
You must be fun at parties. :rolleyes:
I'm not here to party.

Has it ever occurred to you that people buy games simply to have fun?

Sure, that’s why I play AC too, to have fun. Do you actually have fun with AC’s combat? I mean, where is the fun in squashing ants?
Do you have fun with stealth? No risk, no fear which means, no tension, excitement or thrill (especially when escaping).
Do you have fun with navigation? How could you, if you aren’t actually playing since navigation is completely automatic.

Oh, and I don’t care if people like to have mindless fun while playing games (I play games for some mindless fun too). What I don’t accept is Ubisoft getting rid of AC’s concept because of that play style, because of quick cash.
When I want to have some mindless fun I play Angry Birds or I go outside and play football, perhaps read a book when I feel tired. However, I don’t demand AC to become casual for my lesser needs. I don’t mind if I can’t play AC when I’m tired if that means I get to experience it fully.
I am not selfish enough to ask for AC to remain casual, to forget its concept, simply to suit my lesser needs, simply to have some fun when I’m bored.

Hans684
01-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Mart.

Welcome to the forums, a battlefield in a wasteland full of angry birds.

Historical game with Assassins thrown into it without ever taking in consideration the many pillars of AC.

Incorrect and not my point, you can't throw in something that already is there including the offical main pillars. Sure he pillars are rusty, but there non the less.

AssassinHMS
01-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Welcome to the forums, a battlefield in a wasteland full of angry birds.

Incorrect and not my point, you can't throw in something that already is there including the offical main pillars. Sure he pillars are rusty, but there non the less.

That's nice

inferno33222
01-04-2014, 12:01 AM

It actually feels a lot more like an Assassin game then I thought it would. The naval is of course very pirate-y, but the actual mission design is many times better than AC3's. Far more open with more stealth and stealth opportunities. Eagle Sense is finally useful with the guard tagging, and it allows for the careful planning of movements. Also, the guards' icon on the mini-map now shows the direction they are facing, and while sometimes you might think "he should see me", their line of sight is far more consistent than in AC3, and I prefer consistency to realism.

On a side note, I think that even the pirate gameplay fits with the AC philosophy. AC has always been about exploring various time periods, and if they didn't take full advantage of this period then it would be a true shame. The core pillars are all intact and stronger than ever with great and varied parkour, improved stealth, and combat that is slightly more challenging because enemies do a bit more damage and the snipers do a lot.

Injuring
01-04-2014, 12:21 AM

Yeah its a ton better than that Connor crap ( I couldn't bring myself to finish it), The original Developers new what they were doing with the single player, and it only falls down with the Social crap, everyone's trying to ram down our throat nowadays. The Story imo is a little on the weak side, especially the character you play outside of the animus (talk about plot holes) but it IS a Assassins creed game. I have ALL of them (Except connor) and it looks like my AC4 will be traded in after my 360 copy is done.

MnemonicSyntax
01-04-2014, 12:28 AM
Yeah its a ton better than that Connor crap ( I couldn't bring myself to finish it), The original Developers new what they were doing with the single player, and it only falls down with the Social crap, everyone's trying to ram down our throat nowadays. The Story imo is a little on the weak side, especially the character you play outside of the animus (talk about plot holes) but it IS a Assassins creed game. I have ALL of them (Except connor) and it looks like my AC4 will be traded in after my 360 copy is done.

You play you outside the Animus... what plotholes exist regarding that?

silvermercy
01-04-2014, 12:38 AM
O_o
*enters to welcome OP*

*watches WWIII unfold in front of her eyez*

Anyway, welcome OP! ;)
(uplay: silvermercy)

MnemonicSyntax
01-04-2014, 12:45 AM
I'm not here to party.

Sure, that’s why I play AC too, to have fun. Do you actually have fun with AC’s combat? I mean, where is the fun in squashing ants?
Do you have fun with stealth? No risk, no fear which means, no tension, excitement or thrill (especially when escaping).
Do you have fun with navigation? How could you, if you aren’t actually playing since navigation is completely automatic.

Oh, and I don’t care if people like to have mindless fun while playing games (I play games for some mindless fun too). What I don’t accept is Ubisoft getting rid of AC’s concept because of that play style, because of quick cash.
When I want to have some mindless fun I play Angry Birds or I go outside and play football, perhaps read a book when I feel tired. However, I don’t demand AC to become casual for my lesser needs. I don’t mind if I can’t play AC when I’m tired if that means I get to experience it fully.
I am not selfish enough to ask for AC to remain casual, to forget its concept, simply to suit my lesser needs, simply to have some fun when I’m bored.

No, but you're selfish enough to incessantly whine and ***** and moan about how AC isn't what it used to be. You're selfish enough that you keep demanding it will change, and that your ideas are paramount and NEED to be implemented in order to work. Your selfish enough that you insult people who genuinely enjoy the series, and put yourself on a pedestal because people "throw money" at a game they're okay with.

I've told you this before. Your opinions are just that, opinions. You don't need to put others down just because they enjoy something and you don't.

I have a terrific idea. Next time you're bored (and not repeating yourself over and over and over again on these forums) feel free to pick up a book. Oh, you do that already? Right, I see that. Maybe read a book on finances and how making money works. How Ubi questions people in the form of surveys and game reviews and implements that feedback into future games. Or, read a book on Programming Languages and create your own game that stays "true" to what Assassin's Creed really is. Because if you think Ubisoft isn't in the business to make money, you're extremely naïve. Assassin's Creed was always in the business to make money, just as Ubisoft has been in the business to make money since the late 80s, early 90s.

ACfan443
01-04-2014, 12:55 AM
Well that escalated quickly.

I think this post is even more relevant on the previous page.

AssassinHMS
01-04-2014, 02:37 AM
No, but you're selfish enough to incessantly whine and ***** and moan about how AC isn't what it used to be. You're selfish enough that you keep demanding it will change, and that your ideas are paramount and NEED to be implemented in order to work. Your selfish enough that you insult people who genuinely enjoy the series, and put yourself on a pedestal because people "throw money" at a game they're okay with.

Pathetic, you didn’t even try to discuss or present a valid argument, all you do is spit your usual nonsense.
Are you proud of your actions in this forum? All you do is start petty fights and exchange hateful comments. It’s disgusting.
You don’t listen, you don’t even try to. You refuse to accept reality, even the simplest subjects are a challenge to you. Poor “TheBlindGuest”, how he tried to explain to you that Assassin and assassin are different beyond the capital letter. And did it work? Nope.

You refuse to face reality and you keep throwing dirt into your own eyes.

Look! This is who you are:(your post, your words)

Oh shut the **** up, you arrogant, egotistic **** sucker.

Go cry in a ****ing corner when AC 5 still isn't "your way", *******.

Stop trying to turn people away from me, ya ****in ******bag.

And you say I’m the one who insults people? Ahahahah. Do you know why you think I’m on a high horse? On a pedestal?? Because, while I’m on ground you are deep beneath it, in that muddy hole of yours.

And here’s another example of the mud you spread in this forum. After I made an honest post about the character Adewale, another poster, who happened to like my comment, said: “O.O so much truth in these words!”
And, of course you couldn’t stand this, so you posted the following:

No it's not. AssassinHMS isn't happy because Assassin's Creed isn't "realistic." He's bitter and a butt hurt baby because Assassin's Creed isn't supposed to be a game.

Cry some more, damn.

Completely irrelevant to the discussion, your post showed clearly what kind of person you are.
So, just like another poster told you, I’ll say exactly the same:
“You're a mean person.
Did mommy not hug you enough?
Did daddy hug you too much?”

So, before you claim that I'm insulting people, before you decide to share your mud, remember, you're in no place to talk. If you had any consciousness, you wouldn't even speak to me after all your rude posts. In your place, I would have apologized for such a childish and weak behavior.

Oh and a friendly advice, don't try to get personal, when you're clearly in no position to fight.

ACfan443
01-04-2014, 03:06 AM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130704154718/legomessageboards/images/1/1e/Deer_eating_popcorn.gif

MnemonicSyntax
01-04-2014, 04:04 AM
Pathetic, you didn’t even try to discuss or present a valid argument, all you do is spit your usual nonsense.
Are you proud of your actions in this forum? All you do is start petty fights and exchange hateful comments. It’s disgusting.
You don’t listen, you don’t even try to. You refuse to accept reality, even the simplest subjects are a challenge to you. Poor “TheBlindGuest”, how he tried to explain to you that Assassin and assassin are different beyond the capital letter. And did it work? Nope.

You refuse to face reality and you keep throwing dirt into your own eyes.

Look! This is who you are:(your post, your words)

And you say I’m the one who insults people? Ahahahah. Do you know why you think I’m on a high horse? On a pedestal?? Because, while I’m on ground you are deep beneath it, in that muddy hole of yours.

And here’s another example of the mud you spread in this forum. After I made an honest post about the character Adewale, another poster, who happened to like my comment, said: “O.O so much truth in these words!”
And, of course you couldn’t stand this, so you posted the following:

Completely irrelevant to the discussion, your post showed clearly what kind of person you are.
So, just like another poster told you, I’ll say exactly the same:
“You're a mean person.
Did mommy not hug you enough?
Did daddy hug you too much?”

So, before you claim that I'm insulting people, before you decide to share your mud, remember, you're in no place to talk. If you had any consciousness, you wouldn't even speak to me after all your rude posts. In your place, I would have apologized for such a childish and weak behavior.

Oh and a friendly advice, don't try to get personal, when you're clearly in no position to fight.

You found two posts of mine that had me at a moment of weakness due to your arrogance. I've shown in every post you make how you put people down... wait, that's not right. You don't put people down, you just put yourself up so damn high on a pedestal, that you appear to be putting people down.

I'm not even here trying to start a fight with you. I'm here to get you to see you're not as high and mighty as you think you are. Between you and myself, I'm pathetic? All I do is start fights? Nah mate, go read my posts. I help TONS of other people with their issues while you stay on your tirade because the Simpleton Casuals love Assassin's Creed as is.

So ironic how you bring up all these posts about me that aren't relevant to the discussion yet bringing up your ranting and raving and how you put others down is. Goodness, I can go list how many times you've avoided responding to people because you know you're wrong, or you dodge important topics and then talk about "brain synapses" and you were told you had no idea what those were, remember that? Yet, here you are, still putting people down because their idea of fun isn't your own. Even this thread "that's nice" or how others don't agree with you in the topic of a homosexual Assassin... I even stood up for you in there to get people to understand where you come from and yet you still put people down.

I don't "spread" anything on this forum, my only issue is with you and how you feel like you're better than everyone else here because your opinion (sorry, it's NOT opinion, since it's coming from you) isn't always shared. I've told you since day one you're in the minority, and sales, Ubi's survey's and reviews prove that. You have this notion that Ubisoft sold out, when in the beginning Ubisoft has been about making money. You change, you improve, you adapt.

You don't want that. WE ALL KNOW IT. You're a broken record who has these lofty dreams and goals, and even ideas. Some of them grand! It's how you present yourself though that's beyond irritating. You're a narcissistic sociopath hellbent on trying to make a game that the "90% idiots" don't want. I've tried to get you to realize that your opinions are just that, not facts, not the solution, but you won't see it. We'll let Ubisoft decide. After all, they're only after the money!

Which we will continue to throw at Ubisoft when a new game is released, because herp derp, we're idiots that don't know any better! Hurrr!

SixKeys
01-04-2014, 06:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o

DinoSteve1
01-04-2014, 06:53 AM
I think this post is even more relevant on the previous page.
Probably, but it would also be a understatement for the previous page.

Hans684
01-04-2014, 11:44 AM
That's nice

Thank you

adventurewomen
01-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Yeah its a ton better than that Connor crap ( I couldn't bring myself to finish it)
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

yankeegamergirl
01-04-2014, 12:53 PM
oh dear, what's happened. lol

yankeegamergirl
01-04-2014, 01:06 PM
@Fatal
Are you being sarcastic? Sarcasm is difficult to detect sometimes in text. Well if you are I don't understand why me not wanting a pirate theme (or more so another 18th century era game) and wanting more stealth ( which is what caused me to fall in love with the series) is so bad. I mean we all play games because we enjoy them right? I struggled in ACIII and another game set in the same time period with what I imagined to be similar weapons put me off. Don't get me wrong from what I saw the world looks amazing but ACIII really made me question if I can keep up with these changes. If you weren't being sarcastic then my apologies :) Not trying to start fights I'm new here and a fan of the series like everyone else :)

yankeegamergirl
01-04-2014, 01:11 PM

yankeegamergirl
01-04-2014, 01:17 PM
It actually feels a lot more like an Assassin game then I thought it would. The naval is of course very pirate-y, but the actual mission design is many times better than AC3's. Far more open with more stealth and stealth opportunities. Eagle Sense is finally useful with the guard tagging, and it allows for the careful planning of movements. Also, the guards' icon on the mini-map now shows the direction they are facing, and while sometimes you might think "he should see me", their line of sight is far more consistent than in AC3, and I prefer consistency to realism.

On a side note, I think that even the pirate gameplay fits with the AC philosophy. AC has always been about exploring various time periods, and if they didn't take full advantage of this period then it would be a true shame. The core pillars are all intact and stronger than ever with great and varied parkour, improved stealth, and combat that is slightly more challenging because enemies do a bit more damage and the snipers do a lot.

If there is more stealth that's good to know. I'll take this into consideration. Thanks!

yankeegamergirl
01-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Poor OP...so sorry. I was being cheeky and having fun with Adam's post which I thought was humorous (yes Adam I'm bringing you in with me lol). Didn't meant to derail your thread! Let's all get back to helping the original poster. (p.s. everyone who offered their opinion thanks...I appreciate it even though we were off topic). :p

Fatal-Feit
01-04-2014, 01:50 PM
@Fatal
Are you being sarcastic? Sarcasm is difficult to detect sometimes in text. Well if you are I don't understand why me not wanting a pirate theme (or more so another 18th century era game) and wanting more stealth ( which is what caused me to fall in love with the series) is so bad. I mean we all play games because we enjoy them right? I struggled in ACIII and another game set in the same time period with what I imagined to be similar weapons put me off. Don't get me wrong from what I saw the world looks amazing but ACIII really made me question if I can keep up with these changes. If you weren't being sarcastic then my apologies :) Not trying to start fights I'm new here and a fan of the series like everyone else :)

I was 100% sarcastic. I know it's your opinion on the series but I'm a little tired of all this vendetta against AC:3. Just sunk 60 hours into it and I still fail to see why it was a massive ''disappointment''.

BackOnTopic: AC:IV is brilliant. If you enjoy the series, you'll probably get a kick out of it as much as you have with Ezio's Trilogy. From what I remember, it possibly has the most stealth out of the entire series. And don't be discourage over it being marketed as a ''Pirate'' game. It's a darn good Assassin's Creed game, regardless of what idiots say. I'm looking at you IGN.

SixKeys
01-04-2014, 01:55 PM
If there is more stealth that's good to know. I'll take this into consideration. Thanks!

AC4 has a lot more stealth than previous titles. Not so much in the "social" stealth department like the first two games, just stealth in general. The enemy AI remains terrible, but there are a lot more approach options and using stealth is greatly encouraged by the mission design.

adventurewomen
01-04-2014, 02:04 PM
I'm a little tired of all this vendetta against AC:3. Just sunk 60 hours into it and I still fail to see why it was a massive ''disappointment''..
I agree, Revelations IMO was the lowest game in AC games. The only reason why Revelations gets away of being a bad game it's because Ezio. Even Ezio was washed up by the time of Revelations. AC3 came at the right time because we needed some change from Ezio.

pacmanate
01-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Revelations was pretty ****, to be honest I was more excited about those 5 sequences worth of Altair!

Oh wait.... thanks marketing guys.

Shahkulu101
01-04-2014, 02:19 PM
I agree, Revelations IMO was the lowest game in AC games. The only reason why Revelations gets away of being a bad game it's because Ezio. Even Ezio was washed up by the time of Revelations. AC3 came at the right time because we needed some change from Ezio.

Jaysus stop mentioning Ezio as the reason for everything.:nonchalance:

I happen to like Revelations because of it's touching conclusion, Yusuf Tazim and it's beautiful setting. How shocking that Ezio was not the only reason!

One in a million, am I right guys?

silvermercy
01-04-2014, 02:25 PM
I know it's your opinion on the series but I'm a little tired of all this vendetta against AC:3. Just sunk 60 hours into it and I still fail to see why it was a massive ''disappointment''.
Yup, add me to the tired group, too. Especially when people who bad-mouth it it haven't even completed the game. It's like it's the cool and hipster thing to do now. After ACR, it is now AC3. I personally liked ACR. But I also liked AC2 and ACB exactly the same, if that means anything... lol

adventurewomen
01-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Jaysus stop mentioning Ezio as the reason for everything.:nonchalance:
Haha! In a way he was though. :D

One of the highlights of Revelations for me was when Ezio became a minstrel for that one memory. It was hilarious.

I happen to like Revelations because of it's touching conclusion, Yusuf Tazim and it's beautiful setting. How shocking that Ezio was not the only reason!

One in a million, am I right guys?
I liked Alitar's sequences in Revelations it was nice to see the conclusion of Altair in Revelations.

Yusuf character was tragic.

SixKeys
01-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Yup, add me to the tired group, too. Especially when people who bad-mouth it it haven't even completed the game. It's like it's the cool and hipster thing to do now.

Aren't you the one who was badmouthing Edward for being a cheater and a womanizer before even having played the game?

silvermercy
01-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Aren't you the one who was badmouthing Edward for being a cheater and a womanizer before even having played the game?
er the game was NOT out yet. I was going by the TRAILER. AC3, however, IS out! And there are gameplay and cutscene sequences available on youtube and everywhere! Big difference, no? (I seriously would not have bought AC4 from the misleading first trailer).

(Edward was actually a cheater, that's proven in the game itself with little hints).

Shahkulu101
01-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Yup, add me to the tired group, too. Especially when people who bad-mouth it it haven't even completed the game. It's like it's the cool and hipster thing to do now. After ACR, it is now AC3. I personally liked ACR. But I also liked AC2 and ACB exactly the same, if that means anything... lol

I'm not a hipster, I just hate linear, dull mission design and an incoherent plot. Along with drab side activities and a focus on combat instead of stealth, pushed further onto the player with ridiculous telepathic A.I. They also broke so many promises they made in interviews - which I'm sure you've heard before.

silvermercy
01-04-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm not a hipster, I just hate linear, dull mission design and an incoherent plot. Along with drab side activities and a focus on combat instead of stealth, pushed further onto the player with ridiculous telepathic A.I. They also broke so many promises they made in interviews - which I'm sure you've heard before.
I don't get the linearity complaint as most of the games I love are actually linear (in fact I LOVE linear games. lol);)

SixKeys
01-04-2014, 02:38 PM
I don't get the linearity complaint as most of the games I love are actually linear (in fact I LOVE linear games. lol);)

That's not what most fans expect when they buy a new Assassin's Creed game, a series primarily marketed as open-world action-adventure. It's like if they made a new Portal game and took out all the puzzles.

yankeegamergirl
01-04-2014, 02:40 PM

If you're talking about me...I made it quite clear why I was put off by the game and I'm not bad-mouthing it just for the sake of it. Trailers and watching gameplay, which I have done a lot, helps me to see whether a game is worthy of me purchasing it or not. I don't just eat everything a developer throws out just because I like some of what they've done before. I was more concerned about the gameplay mechanics and if there was going to be too much shooting and not enough sneaking (which I personally like). Some of the opinions on this thread (even though off topic ) have been very helpful in making that decision.

silvermercy
01-04-2014, 02:41 PM
That's not what most fans expect when they buy a new Assassin's Creed game, a series primarily marketed as open-world action-adventure. It's like if they made a new Portal game and took out all the puzzles.
Yes, that's true, I actually agree with that. I can understand the frustration for those who buy a game especially for that.

yankeegamergirl
01-04-2014, 02:47 PM
I was 100% sarcastic. I know it's your opinion on the series but I'm a little tired of all this vendetta against AC:3. Just sunk 60 hours into it and I still fail to see why it was a massive ''disappointment''.

BackOnTopic: AC:IV is brilliant. If you enjoy the series, you'll probably get a kick out of it as much as you have with Ezio's Trilogy. From what I remember, it possibly has the most stealth out of the entire series. And don't be discourage over it being marketed as a ''Pirate'' game. It's a darn good Assassin's Creed game, regardless of what idiots say. I'm looking at you IGN.

I thought you were since everyone always uses the COD series as a whipping boy to make sarcastic remarks in relation to other games which I don't really get because I don't play Call of Duty but ok.
For you Back on Topic point. Thanks along with the others for letting me know that! I also watched Freedom cry trailer and that looked interesting too. :)

Shahkulu101
01-04-2014, 02:47 PM

So do I, but not in AC because well...sixkeys explained it...

But AC3's missions where linear, but also pretty boring. Paul Revere's ride? Battle of Concord? Charles Lee's inexplicably being killed in a CUTSCENE. (albeit a very well done cutscene - but we should really be killing our main targets in assassination missions - not walking directly up to them and instigating chases in the middle of the street)

roostersrule2
01-04-2014, 02:52 PM
I agree, Revelations IMO was the lowest game in AC games. The only reason why Revelations gets away of being a bad game it's because Ezio. Even Ezio was washed up by the time of Revelations. AC3 came at the right time because we needed some change from Ezio.You're truly deluded.

roostersrule2
01-04-2014, 02:56 PM
But AC3's missions where linear, but also pretty boring. Paul Revere's ride? Battle of Concord? Charles Lee's inexplicably being killed in a CUTSCENE. (albeit a very well done cutscene - but we should really be killing our main targets in assassination missions - not walking directly up to them and instigating chases in the middle of the street)I just finished AC3 and although some of it's missions are terrible like the ones you mentioned and also the tailing one at the start of sequence 8, the missions are less boring then I remember them. I liked Charles Lee's death, the lead up sucked but if we had a really good assassination where he escaped then we killed him in the cutscene it would have been better.

Shahkulu101
01-04-2014, 03:03 PM
I just finished AC3 and although some of it's missions are terrible like the ones you mentioned and also the tailing one at the start of sequence 8, the missions are less boring then I remember them. I liked Charles Lee's death, the lead up sucked but if we had a really good assassination where he escaped then we killed him in the cutscene it would have been better.

Interesting, I currently trying to replay them all again to refresh my memory. I always miss out AC1 so I'm on Brotherhood now - it's really good still. AC2 I actually found to have some pretty boring missions and IMO it's a little overrated, but I still love it to bits. Having got a surprise PS4 at christmas though, I'm playing AC4 again and have yet to go back to ACB since then haha...

I look forward to eventually reaching AC3 so I can try to re-evaluate.

roostersrule2
01-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Interesting, I currently trying to replay them all again to refresh my memory. I always miss out AC1 so I'm on Brotherhood now - it's really good still. AC2 I actually found to have some pretty boring missions and IMO it's a little overrated, but I still love it to bits. Having got a surprise PS4 at christmas though, I'm playing AC4 again and have yet to go back to ACB since then haha...

I look forward to eventually reaching AC3 so I can try to re-evaluate.I did the same. I played AC1 but it was such a chore, the combat is overrated and for all it's freedom I play the missions the exact time, every time.

AC2 felt like a god send, I was reminded why I love it so much. Some missions suck, like the tailing ones but I enjoy most of the rest.

ACB is better then I remember, I still think if it was DLC it'd be labelled as one of the best DLC's ever. You'd only have to make it two or three hours shorter.

ACR is worse then I remember but still good. Old Ezio is so badass and Yusuf and the City are great. The Ending is my favourite AC ending evaaaa

AC3 was pretty sick, it's the first time I've played where I've actually been immersed in the game. It has the best story by far, although it could have been better. Every time I play this game I get different reactions.

I haven't replayed AC4 yet so I can't re-evaluate it just yet.

Shahkulu101
01-04-2014, 03:20 PM
I did the same. I played AC1 but it was such a chore, the combat is overrated and for all it's freedom I play the missions the exact time, every time.

AC2 felt like a god send, I was reminded why I love it so much. Some missions suck, like the tailing ones but I enjoy most of the rest.

ACB is better then I remember, I still think if it was DLC it'd be labelled as one of the best DLC's ever. You'd only have to make it two or three hours shorter.

ACR is worse then I remember but still good. Old Ezio is so badass and Yusuf and the City are great. The Ending is my favourite AC ending evaaaa

AC3 was pretty sick, it's the first time I've played where I've actually been immersed in the game. It has the best story by far, although it could have been better. Every time I play this game I get different reactions.

Wait did I just hear Rooster saying AC3 has the best story by far? COME EVERYONE AND BEHOLD THIS SPECTACLE!

roostersrule2
01-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Wait did I just hear Rooster saying AC3 has the best story by far? COME EVERYONE AND BEHOLD THIS SPECTACLE!I've always said it had the best story, it was just executed not so good not like AC2's or AC4's where it was executed better then anything then ole henry the 8ff could do.

That's why it was better to play on later playthroughs, except my 3rd playthrough, the game was **** that time.

adventurewomen
01-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Wait did I just hear Rooster saying AC3 has the best story by far? COME EVERYONE AND BEHOLD THIS SPECTACLE!
I'm just as shocked as you are! :eek:

ACfan443
01-04-2014, 03:34 PM
I couldn't bring myself to complete my second AC3 playthrough. The constant onslaught of unnecessary cutscenes along with terrible pacing and uninspiring mission design just made me want to put down my controller and play something else. It was fine during my first playthrough because I had my rose coloured glasses firmly on which hindered my ability to form an objective and sensible opinion on the game. The very pacing of it, coupled with seemingly perpetual tutorials greatly diminished its replay value imo.

With that being said, it does have a few fantastic narrative moments, the Haytham revelation comes to mind.

Shahkulu101
01-04-2014, 03:34 PM
I've always said it had the best story, it was just executed not so good not like AC2's or AC4's where it was executed better then anything then ole henry the 8ff could do.

That's why it was better to play on later playthroughs, except my 3rd playthrough, the game was **** that time.

For you, it must depend on your mood or mindset. I don't imagine a lot of people have such drastically different opinions on the same thing when re-experiencing them. :p

Fatal-Feit
01-04-2014, 03:38 PM
AC:3's main sequences aren't the only thing that should be replayed guys. The Homestead Missions are a big part of Connor's story and character development. I love how down to earth he really is when he's not too focused on pursuing a contract.

Jesus Christ, I just spent two weeks on the game without much eat and sleep but I already want to start all over again.

roostersrule2
01-04-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm just as shocked as you are! :eek:I don't allow you to read my posts.

For you, it must depend on your mood or mindset. I don't imagine a lot of people have such drastically different opinions on the same thing when re-experiencing them. :pPerhaps, I will still hate on it though, for the lulz.

ACfan443
01-04-2014, 03:40 PM
I don't allow you to read my posts.

Ice cold.

Shahkulu101
01-04-2014, 03:40 PM
AC:3's main sequences aren't the only thing that should be replayed guys. The Homestead Missions are a big part of Connor's story and character development. I love how down to earth he really is when he's not too focused on pursuing a contract.

Too...much...mundane....'tasks'...

I do love the community spirit and Connor's nature in those bits though. The story elements are great and I love them - but I cannot herd pigs for a fourth time. :nonchalance:

adventurewomen
01-04-2014, 03:48 PM

Jesus Christ, I just spent two weeks on the game without much eat and sleep but I already want to start all over again.
I wholeheartedly agree!

I also love the fact that you love AC3 as much as I do, it;s always nice to read about your appreciation for AC3 you're dedicated! <3

I don't allow you to read my posts.

Perhaps, I will still hate on it though, for the lulz.
I will read your posts anyway..

Thiat doesn't surprise me you regularly hate on AC3 anyway..

ze_topazio
01-04-2014, 03:48 PM

The Homestead missions are a nice side story but they are not essential to the main story, they have no influence whatsoever in the main story and Connor's personality, mentality, philosophy of life are not affected one bit by them.

roostersrule2
01-04-2014, 03:51 PM
I will read your posts anyway..

Thiat doesn't surprise me you regularly hate on AC3 anyway..Not if I stop you.

Indeed I hate the game, I hate the boring guy you play as too.

roostersrule2
01-04-2014, 03:54 PM
The Homestead missions are a nice side story but they are not essential to the main story, they have no influence whatsoever in the main story and Connor's personality, mentality, philosophy of life are not affected one bit by them.Indeed.

Although I think that there should be side-quests where it's a bunch of connected Side missions like the Homestead, Captain Kidd missions and the AC4 missions with bureaus (I forget the name). However they shouldn't be needed to explain a character, or at least not the one you're playing as.

AssassinHMS
01-04-2014, 04:15 PM
I've tried to get you to realize that your opinions are just that, not facts, not the solution, but you won't see it.

Ok, I’ll grab this sentence which is the one I’m interested in. How exactly do you defend your point, that my ideas and goals aren’t the best for the franchise??

Every single time I make a constructive post where I share my ideas, my concerns and the simple and pure facts, you say something in the lines of: “you’re offending people”, “you’re acting all high and mighty” or “what you just said is nothing but an opinion” and that’s it. You don’t contribute to the discussion, you don’t “make me see” why my ideas aren’t the solution, you don’t present any actual arguments; all you do is attack me directly over and over again repeating the same nonsense. And I’m the broken record?

AC was created to put the player in the shoes of an Assassin. Fact.

Current “AC” games aren’t about that anymore. They only share the last traits that still resemble AC (the core mechanics) and, despite their bad state, they still do the trick (the same underdeveloped and half-assed game under a new coat every year). Fact.
Do you know why the games feel old and have that feel of “déjà vu”? Because they aren’t more than copies.

The only thing that kept the last entries worthy of playing (despite the rotten core and the “samey” gameplay) was, without a doubt, naval and the other smaller additions.
The only thing that makes the gameplay appear to be fresh, are the additions. Do you think this can go on forever? Naval already lost its flavor. Do you think they can keep adding things that will make the experience appear flesh for a while (until you see the core)?
Understand my reasoning? This is far more than an opinion, my statement is based on facts and simple math, and it’s grounded. Whether it is offensive or not, it isn’t my fault.

Unlike AC, these games are not about putting the player in the shoes of an Assassin. Fact. Why? Because the life of an Assassin aren’t explosions, mindless action or being a one-man-army. The life of an Assassin is doubt, fear, calculation, tension, thrill and a LOT of stealth and thought. In short, it is everything that this "AC" isn’t. AC1 was closer to this. The franchise could have evolved in the direction of improving the core mechanics, of making the game more challenging and more fun. It could have kept the mystery, the conspiracies, the puzzles and the investigations. But it didn’t. And I think the solution for AC to feel fresh, is to actually go all the way back to what made AC in the first place and build upon it. I have presented ideas, solutions and honest thoughts and, so far, I see no way they won’t work. You present other ideas and solutions and I will gladly hear them. What I’m not interested in is in you telling me that I’m being offensive or that I’m not thinking about the commercial aspect of AC (I am).

So please, stop repeating yourself, quit telling that my thoughts, based on facts, are opinions, that I’m on a high horse and that I’m offending people (which you clearly don’t seem to have a problem with).
AC isn’t about what AC was meant to be in the first place, it is about attracting consumers and new players without even paying respects to the concept. Even if that is financially good (it isn’t), I have the right to demand Ubisoft to respect AC’s concept (Assassin’s Creed) because I was there from the start. I won’t talk smoothly or make much of an effort to ask it politely because that doesn’t have enough impact. I’m not attacking people who mainly like to play casually or who like this AC; I’m attacking Ubisoft for not having any principles.

But feel free to rant me all you want, it won’t change a thing, like you said, it is up to Ubisoft to decide. If they want to keep aiming towards this path of casualness and quick cash then that’s their choice, I’m merely offering another proposal.

Again, don’t attack me personally, attack my ideas and do so objectively. Oh, and claiming that what I’m saying is an opinion is useless, it doesn’t add anything relevant to the discussion and doesn’t contribute to any of our purposes (unless yours is to provoke me or to try to derail my thoughts).

DinoSteve1
01-04-2014, 05:01 PM
The Homestead missions are a nice side story but they are not essential to the main story, they have no influence whatsoever in the main story and Connor's personality, mentality, philosophy of life are not affected one bit by them.

The homestead missions where better than the main story missions.

SixKeys
01-04-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm surprised people have such wildly different opinions on the games after replaying them. I guess I'm the only one who replays these games all the time? :p That's why the impressions they leave are always fresh in my memory. The only one I still haven't managed to finish for the second time is AC3. That says enough about my opinion about the game, I think.

dbzk1999
01-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Ok, I’ll grab this sentence which is the one I’m interested in. How exactly do you defend your point, that my ideas and goals aren’t the best for the franchise??

Every single time I make a constructive post where I share my ideas, my concerns and the simple and pure facts, you say something in the lines of: “you’re offending people”, “you’re acting all high and mighty” or “what you just said is nothing but an opinion” and that’s it. You don’t contribute to the discussion, you don’t “make me see” why my ideas aren’t the solution, you don’t present any actual arguments; all you do is attack me directly over and over again repeating the same nonsense. And I’m the broken record?
My gosh can we please stop this constant bickering in the end it is still

AC was created to put the player in the shoes of an Assassin. Fact.

Current “AC” games aren’t about that anymore. They only share the last traits that still resemble AC (the core mechanics) and, despite their bad state, they still do the trick (the same underdeveloped and half-assed game under a new coat every year). Fact.
Do you know why the games feel old and have that feel of “déjà vu”? Because they aren’t more than copies.

The only thing that kept the last entries worthy of playing (despite the rotten core and the “samey” gameplay) was, without a doubt, naval and the other smaller additions.
The only thing that makes the gameplay appear to be fresh, are the additions. Do you think this can go on forever? Naval already lost its flavor. Do you think they can keep adding things that will make the experience appear flesh for a while (until you see the core)?
Understand my reasoning? This is far more than an opinion, my statement is based on facts and simple math, and it’s grounded. Whether it is offensive or not, it isn’t my fault.

Unlike AC, these games are not about putting the player in the shoes of an Assassin. Fact. Why? Because the life of an Assassin aren’t explosions, mindless action or being a one-man-army. The life of an Assassin is doubt, fear, calculation, tension, thrill and a LOT of stealth and thought. In short, it is everything that this "AC" isn’t. AC1 was closer to this. The franchise could have evolved in the direction of improving the core mechanics, of making the game more challenging and more fun. It could have kept the mystery, the conspiracies, the puzzles and the investigations. But it didn’t. And I think the solution for AC to feel fresh, is to actually go all the way back to what made AC in the first place and build upon it. I have presented ideas, solutions and honest thoughts and, so far, I see no way they won’t work. You present other ideas and solutions and I will gladly hear them. What I’m not interested in is in you telling me that I’m being offensive or that I’m not thinking about the commercial aspect of AC (I am).

So please, stop repeating yourself, quit telling that my thoughts, based on facts, are opinions, that I’m on a high horse and that I’m offending people (which you clearly don’t seem to have a problem with).
AC isn’t about what AC was meant to be in the first place, it is about attracting consumers and new players without even paying respects to the concept. Even if that is financially good (it isn’t), I have the right to demand Ubisoft to respect AC’s concept (Assassin’s Creed) because I was there from the start. I won’t talk smoothly or make much of an effort to ask it politely because that doesn’t have enough impact. I’m not attacking people who mainly like to play casually or who like this AC; I’m attacking Ubisoft for not having any principles.

But feel free to rant me all you want, it won’t change a thing, like you said, it is up to Ubisoft to decide. If they want to keep aiming towards this path of casualness and quick cash then that’s their choice, I’m merely offering another proposal.

Again, don’t attack me personally, attack my ideas and do so objectively. Oh, and claiming that what I’m saying is an opinion is useless, it doesn’t add anything relevant to the discussion and doesn’t contribute to any of our purposes (unless yours is to provoke me or to try to derail my thoughts).
My gosh can we please stop with the constant bickering it is still your opinion u played since day 1 and think it lost its concept I played since day 1 and think it hasn't it is a divided community and we all have a different opinions no need to attack each other verbally over it

DinoSteve1
01-04-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm surprised people have such wildly different opinions on the games after replaying them. I guess I'm the only one who replays these games all the time? :p That's why the impressions they leave are always fresh in my memory. The only one I still haven't managed to finish for the second time is AC3. That says enough about my opinion about the game, I think.

I replay them pretty often maybe twice a year i'll work my way through them well apart from AC3 that is, to date I have only played it 1 1/2 times.

silvermercy
01-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't replay any of her games again? LOL For me it's like movies, once I know the story, that's it. lol
(The only ones I made some exception after completing them is AC3 and AC4 (for collecting treasures etc).

SixKeys
01-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't replay any of her games again? LOL For me it's like movies, once I know the story, that's it. lol
(The only ones I made some exception after completing them is AC3 and AC4 (for collecting treasures etc).

Why would you pay $60 for something you're only ever going to play once? :confused: I guess it explains why you like linear games so much, though. For me, half the fun is taking my time exploring every nook and cranny of the game world at my own pace. Some of my most memorable moments in AC have been simply sitting on a viewpoint for an entire in-game day/night cycle, watching the shadows roll across the landscape and people down below going about their lives.

silvermercy
01-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Why would you pay $60 for something you're only ever going to play once? :confused: I guess it explains why you like linear games so much, though. For me, half the fun is taking my time exploring every nook and cranny of the game world at my own pace. Some of my most memorable moments in AC have been simply sitting on a viewpoint for an entire in-game day/night cycle, watching the shadows roll across the landscape and people down below going about their lives.
Yes, indeed, that may explain it. lol It's worth the money because I still spend a lot of hours on it, and it's a very enjoyable time. The only other open world games I replay are the Fallout ones (but then I haven't finished them either story-wise, so that may explain it, too, lol)

Yes, I am linear fan! hehe.. ^_^
*ducks to avoid virtual shoes*

Hrafnagud72
01-04-2014, 10:11 PM

I don't understand how you could be a fan of any game that you only want to play through once. The majority of this forum with real passions for the game have played through each of them several times. There are a lot of things you can miss on the first play through.

DinoSteve1
01-04-2014, 10:12 PM
well tbh if I think the plot is pretty good and I enjoy the characters, I would tend to replay the game and its the same with movies or books , if I find them entertaining I'll read or watch them again. I must have watched LOTR about 50 times now, and the Avengers about 20, the Godfather trilogy is always worth a rewatch too.

silvermercy
01-04-2014, 10:13 PM
I don't understand how you could be a fan of any game that you only want to play through once. The majority of this forum with real passions for the game have played through each of them several times.
Whaaa... O_o *looks at her post count* Guess I'm not a fan then. Good bye all. *melodramatically exits thread and fandom*

Hrafnagud72
01-04-2014, 10:20 PM
Whaaa... O_o *looks at post count* Guess I'm not a fan then. Good bye all.

Post count certainly means everything. How could I forget?

Notice the words "I don't understand"? I didn't say you were not a fan. I just don't get how you can be.

DinoSteve1
01-04-2014, 10:22 PM
hmm so far I have played

Assassin's Creed 5 times
ACII 10 times
ACBrotherhood 8 times
ACRevelations 6 times
ACIII 1 1/2 times
ACIVBF 4 times

other games I would play alot are
Mass Effect 1
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3 (I actually have replayed ME3 alot but only every finished it twice, I usually stop at the Citadel run)
Dragon Age Origins
KOTOR I and II
Bioshock Infinite
Mirrors Edge.
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX
Deus EX Human Revolution.
Skyrim
Infamous I and II
the Uncharted Trilogy.

silvermercy
01-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Post count certainly means everything. How could I forget?

Notice the words "I don't understand"? I didn't say you were not a fan. I just don't get how you can be.

Why is it difficult to understand? lol People like me exist everywhere. I've seen them. O_o I don't have to replay the game many times to be a fan. O_o Instead I read about the AC lore, watch countless youtube videos, I paint AC art, go to AC blogs and art sites, have forum discussions, post about AC, I read and write fanfics... And so on...

I just don't replay ANY of my games once I know the story. The fact I have done so for AC3 and AC4 after completion speaks volumes, because that's something I don't usually do with games in general. Like ever...

DinoSteve1
01-04-2014, 10:26 PM
People enjoy media in different ways, there is no right or wrong way.

Hrafnagud72
01-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Why is it difficult to understand? lol People like me exist everywhere. I've seen them. O_o I don't have to replay the game many times to be a fan. O_o Instead I read about the AC lore, watch countless youtube videos, I paint AC art, go to AC blogs and art sites, have forum discussions, post about AC, I read and write fanfics... And so on...

I just don't replay ANY of my games once I know the story. The fact I have done so for AC3 and AC4 after completion speaks volumes, because that's something I don't usually do with games in general. Like ever...

I am not one of those people, hence the difficulty in seeing someone who is still be a fan of something. It's not that I don't consider you a fan, it just didn't make sense to me why anyone would have a passion for a game that they only want to play once. But you like the things behind the game, the lore and such. So it makes sense to me now. It wasn't an attack or a statement of right or wrong. Merely a statement of confusion.

silvermercy
01-04-2014, 10:41 PM
OK, I understand, no problem! :)

ze_topazio
01-05-2014, 12:33 AM
I rarely replay games too, you're not alone sis.

silvermercy
01-05-2014, 12:58 AM
I rarely replay games too, you're not alone sis.
Yay! we're two now! :D

adventurewomen
01-05-2014, 01:11 AM
I only replay games if I really like them and at the moment I don't have much time to play any game. :(

--------

It's fine to not replay games, it's just a personal preference just respect another person's opinion and perspective.

People enjoy media in different ways, there is no right or wrong way.
Agreed! Well said!

PedroAntonio2
01-05-2014, 01:58 AM
When I love a game, I like to replay it many time. I replayed ACI-ACIII many times...I didn't replay ACIV yet, but I will in a few months. I'm playing Mass Effect Trilogy now.

MnemonicSyntax
01-05-2014, 04:01 AM
I replay the entire series from the beginning every summer in anticipation for the next game.

It's enjoyable, loads of fun, which is why I do it. But it others don't want to replay it, I don't see a problem with that.

Dev_Anj
01-05-2014, 04:11 AM

aaaaaaaaaaah!

During the Assassin's Creed 1 days maybe. During the Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Revelations days, it'd be more like "Show me how to become a Renaissance superhero!" During the Assassin's Creed 3 days, it'd be more, "Show me how to become a great Native American hunter!"

pirate1802
01-06-2014, 01:20 PM
O_o
*enters to welcome OP*

*watches WWIII unfold in front of her eyez*

Anyway, welcome OP! ;)
(uplay: silvermercy)

My reaction exactly. Whats wrong with being drawn in by PIRATES?! As it happens I was dawn to the series because I thought the Brotherhood CGI trailer looked cool. Thats it. Imagine, drawn in by a cool-looking cinematic trailer. I'd be like the epitome of the casual crowd back then, had I posted such a thread. But after playing it I bought other games and became an avid fan. Maybe he will do too. There is nothing wrong with being attracted by pirates!

Sometimes I can't make out whats worse. The supposed casualization of the industry or people, or people being casualophobic like this.

@Fatal
... and wanting more stealth ...

AC4 is actually one of the most stealthiest AC games.

I agree, Revelations IMO was the lowest game in AC games. The only reason why Revelations gets away of being a bad game it's because Ezio..

Or because of the beautiful city or the colourful characters or the return to somewhat moral ambiguity or the ending of two badasses.. seriously, not every reason has to be EZIO!! I happen to think Brotherhood was the worst AC game. And that was where Ezio was in his prime. Shocking no?

I did the same. I played AC1 but it was such a chore, the combat is overrated and for all it's freedom I play the missions the exact time, every time.

I'm doing the same. Tried playing AC1 but lost interest somewhere after the 3 hour mark. Completely agreed on the freedom part. AC2 felt almost as awesome as it did when I first played it many years ago. ACB felt so horrible that I abandoned it shortly after arriving in Rome and doing a few missions. Agreed on the DLC comment. It would have been the best ever. But alas.. Currently playing ACR and enjoying the heck out of it. Then will move on to AC3 and AC4.