PDA

View Full Version : Deep Purple Smoke on the Water.... Solo ....ey?

Gravy_snakes
01-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Hi Guys.

So I used to play Purples Smoke (not just the intro we all know) years ago, so now 10 years later when I got myself back in to playing i thought i would use rocksmith to re-learn it. Also it could help to get Grade 1 Rock Guitar exam, as it’s a play piece for that. But it just seems very different from what i played years ago?

I am confused by the solo? Even at 100% difficulty it seems to sound totally different to the original? Whilst it sounds Richie Blackmore esque, it seems totally different?

Is it just me? Or is it totally different?

In other news...
I am well chuffed as I got Judas Priest Breaking the Law to 99.7%, however it has no solo and is the world’s easiest song… ;-( Small victory’s ey? :o

daddy_felix
01-03-2014, 12:06 PM
It's a different version.

toymachinesh
01-03-2014, 12:08 PM
At least the OP is good natured :)

Here is the version that Rocksmith was given by the record label:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhWAH_iDuO0

Kynlore
01-03-2014, 01:36 PM

Tis a rare thing indeed!

Gravy_snakes
01-03-2014, 02:02 PM

Here is the version that Rocksmith was given by the record label:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhWAH_iDuO0

Hangs head in shame! ;-) I should have known that! :rolleyes:

Cool, It sounds so much like Ritchie and its an official release so I am a happy boy!

Such a Shame Ritchie Blackmore has swapped his Fender Strat for a Magic wand and is dancing in the woods these days!

Just realised what "OP" means... We are all friends here, shouting at you wont get me help!

Love the game keep it up!

C.Linton
01-07-2014, 01:01 AM
Well, it's just that someone else started a complaint thread about this very thing, and they weren't as nice about it.

Gravy_snakes
01-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Well, it's just that someone else started a complaint thread about this very thing, and they weren't as nice about it.

The thing to remember is that many "children" (eg young people, under 18) buy these games and come on the forums with attitude. They don't have a lot of forum etiquette, or understand of how big business works. Obviously Obisoft will only release songs with which it can make a profit and are popular enough. Maybe in time there will be a wider spread. Although I still have no idea who the Disturbed are. I can only assume the record company wanted to promote it to a demographic covered by the game.

To me as a Rock Fan, this solo sounded really Blackmore, its just it was not the same of the original. The octave shift right up the neck on the orange string is just so Ritchie!

Ok, the game has minor flaws, I think releasing it to market at Beta for some functions would have worked better as an opt in, for those.

However overall, I have played my guitar more than i ever have in the time i have had this game.

PS, Judas Priest is now at 99% and Smoke is at 90%. - Ok i know i am crap but thats a win for me! :cool:

I wish i could work out how to add a profile photo (on the left by my username), I assume maybe its disabled?