PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, what is the damn algorithm for social events?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? (ps4)

krazyowns
01-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Ubisoft, what is the damn algorithm for social events?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? (ps4)

this is by far the most ******ed thing you've ever done, i've sailed the whole map twice after completing the game 93%!! Only finding 2 white whales and 1 royal convoy which i didn't get accredited for.

vlieg123
01-03-2014, 07:49 AM
SAME HERE! I am big fan of the assassin's creed series. In my opinion a great job about this one. It feels like a real assassins creed, it gives me the feelings of assassin's creed 2...
Tropical, life in the map and so on.

But still I don't get the point about your social events. You are telling us that this is rare? We'll c'mon that's ********. Many people get it like nothing. And many people are desperated for searching one god damn event...

And if you ask me, the ps4 version have an issue I guess. Because there is an topic on gamefaqs forum for sharing the locations. And strangely enough there is no ps4 event submitted. Most events are easy to find on PC ...

So ubisoft I ask you nicely: will you please patch this! Because it's my last trophy that I need for my platinum , that's right ... I like your game!
proof 2: on the menu-classes-community events: THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO EVENTS!!!!!! But why the hell PC and Xbox well?????------> bug!

ziggurcat
01-03-2014, 08:13 AM
I just had a blue white whale icon appear on my map at coordinates 674, 315!!!

And a Royal convoy popped at 634, 282!! (thanks to user II_RICHIE_II)

A second Royal convoy appeared at about the same coordinates as above for me. That's 2 Royal convoys, and 1 white whale in the span of 30 minutes... what is this madness?

TomEmilioDavies
01-03-2014, 08:21 AM
I have the same problem, but I am on Xbox. I have completed 91% of the game and put in over 60 hours, and in all that time, I have only found 1 white whale and nothing else. There is a difference between 'rare' and virtually non existant.

TomEmilioDavies
01-03-2014, 08:23 AM
I just had a blue white whale icon appear on my map at coordinates 674, 315!!!

And a Royal convoy popped at 634, 282!! (thanks to user II_RICHIE_II)

A second Royal convoy appeared at about the same coordinates as above for me. That's 2 Royal convoys, and 1 white whale in the span of 30 minutes... what is this madness?

Lucky bastard.

ziggurcat
01-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Lucky bastard.

I have no idea what happened. I wish it was like that all the time (I spent the last 40+ hours sailing around like an idiot searching for these events to pop). I'm hoping those coordinates I posted help some people out.

TomEmilioDavies
01-03-2014, 08:43 AM
I have no idea what happened. I wish it was like that all the time (I spent the last 40+ hours sailing around like an idiot searching for these events to pop). I'm hoping those coordinates I posted help some people out.

I tried them, there was nothing there.

ziggurcat
01-03-2014, 08:55 AM
I tried them, there was nothing there.

could be different depending on the platform (I'm playing on PS4).

bible-man
01-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the tip*ziggurcat. I will check when I get home from work. Also playing on PS4

krazyowns
01-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Ubisoft, what is the damn algorithm for social events?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? (ps4)

this is by far the most ******ed thing you've ever done, i've sailed the whole map twice after completing the game 93%!! Only finding 2 white whales and 1 royal convoy which i didn't get accredited for.

I would like to add that my social findings were 2 weeks before christmas with probably only 50% of the game completed. I haven't seen anything since and have sailed the entire map several times. Also beat freedom cry which was very short, but definitely worth it. Since this post I have sailed around again only finding an unmarked naval convoy.

ziggurcat
01-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the tip*ziggurcat. I will check when I get home from work. Also playing on PS4

I certainly hope it does, but I don't know how long or if those spawn points would even appear in your game... I just thought I would share in the off-chance that it actually helps.

dxsxhxcx
01-03-2014, 11:58 AM
lol at ubisoft adding challenge in the wrong places... :p

Mr_Shade
01-03-2014, 01:22 PM
So ubisoft I ask you nicely: will you please patch this! Because it's my last trophy that I need for my platinum , that's right ... I like your game!
proof 2: on the menu-classes-community events: THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO EVENTS!!!!!! But why the hell PC and Xbox well?????------> bug!
Hi,

Seems to be some confusion over Social vs Community events.. and posting in threads about the other, confuses even more people..

Social events - happen at any time, when a friend spots a item of interest - such as a white whale / social chest - this gains you an individual reward.

Community Events, like the one you mention, are timed events for the whole community to engage in, such as collecting 100,000 wood - this unlocks an item for everyone.

Community events - should be available for everyone, one happened over the Holiday season - they are not 'ongoing' - and only happen at announced times - the last one is now over, so there will not be any at present!

Social events - are also ongoing, however the frequency of them may have changed - they are now a lot rarer than before, according to many.

I am attempting to get clarification on Social events and how they now work for you guys.

TBoneBaggins
01-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Mr_Shade

The social events for this trophy are extremely frustrating. I have put in tickets for this. Please understand, that many people like myself, are very frustrated with this. I personally am struggling because I beat the game over 2 weeks ago. I have 100% sync, and now OVER 70 hours, with over 20 hours alone AIMLESSLY sailing around the map, over and over and over again. The only response I get from UBI is that it is not "impossible" to get the ROYAL CONVOY. Improbable to me equates to impossible.

Very disappointed with UBI, I do not find this fun, neither to a lot of my friends on forums and on my PS4 account.

What can UBI do to HELP us???

Mr_Shade
01-03-2014, 02:07 PM
The team are aware of the feelings towards the current update to Social Events.

I can only suggest waiting until they collected the feedback from support about it, and see what they have to say.

pacmanate
01-03-2014, 02:13 PM
The team are aware of the feelings towards the current update to Social Events.

I can only suggest waiting until they collected the feedback from support about it, and see what they have to say.

And its been like this since the release 2 months ago.

Mr_Shade
01-03-2014, 02:16 PM
And its been like this since the release 2 months ago.
Not completely correct..

Social events were working fine.. on Xbox 360 and PS3 [some may have had issues - but this was Uplay related] they then hit a few issues with the release of Next Gen, so they altered them - to the current unlock conditions.

It's since they adjusted them - that most people have had problems - on all formats.

pacmanate
01-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Not completely correct..

Social events were working fine.. on Xbox 360 and PS3 then hit a few issues with the release of Next Gen, so they altered them - to the current unlock conditions.

It's since they adjusted them - that most people have had problems - on all formats.

Yeah, since the PS4 release in America or around that time the next gen versions have issues.

Mr_Shade
01-03-2014, 02:18 PM
indeed..

Which isn't 2 months or 'since release' ;)

pacmanate
01-03-2014, 02:21 PM
indeed..

Which isn't 2 months or 'since release' ;)

Okay, well its been broken since Next gen release then...

Mr_Shade
01-03-2014, 02:24 PM
It's been 'altered' since next gen release, which many now assuming means it's broken - however some have managed to find some..

If it was 'broken' - then no one would get any.

This confusion is why I am trying to get some official statements about it, since it seems to have confused a few.

Lankymart
01-03-2014, 03:40 PM
It's been 'altered' since next gen release, which many now assuming means it's broken - however some have managed to find some..

Could it be platform specific issues. I have sailed over 500 nmils and 60+ hours of gameplay and not come across one single Social Event (blue - chest, white whale or royal convoy)

Have we identified the platforms on which people are saying they are still getting events?

When I go to the Database -> Leaderboards my Community Challenge section is greyed out but I can still select it which says "there are no ongoing events right now", now I realise that "Community Challenge" is something different to Social Events but then why does the background it shows when selecting it show a chest, white whale and a ship (in other words a royal convoy)?

Platform: Xbox 360 - Xbox Live (Gamertag: lankymart)
UPlay Passport: Yes
UPlay Account: Yes (Username: lankymart)
Companion App: Yes (Android)

There is so much ambiguity is would be nice to collate what we have learning so far, maybe that would help tie down the issues and get a better explanation from Ubisoft.

I_Came_From_Xbox
01-03-2014, 05:23 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/821509-What-Ubisoft-has-to-say-about-the-missing-social-challenges-(white-whales-ect)

Lankymart
01-03-2014, 07:30 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/821509-What-Ubisoft-has-to-say-about-the-missing-social-challenges-(white-whales-ect)

I looked at your thread it doesn't answer any of these questions except maybe they contend the Social events were tinkered with.

zorlaris
01-03-2014, 10:59 PM
found a white whale at 419.44

about 3hours and 50min left

zorlaris
01-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Royal convoy at 646,296!!! finally got my thropy!

jsmith
01-04-2014, 02:22 AM
With all due respect, it *is* broken for some people.

I have a stuck blue royal convoy on my map. Nothing there when I visit and no timer for it. It never disappears and I see absolutely zero social events.

I have called multiple times to support and I've been told each time it is being worked on. I wish it'd be fixed already.

But please, please, please do not say it isn't broken. It hurts my feelings quite honestly.

This confusion is why I am trying to get some official statements about it, since it seems to have confused a few.

btsnider91
01-04-2014, 03:41 AM
With all due respect, it *is* broken for some people.

I have a stuck blue royal convoy on my map. Nothing there when I visit and no timer for it. It never disappears and I see absolutely zero social events.

I have called multiple times to support and I've been told each time it is being worked on. I wish it'd be fixed already.

But please, please, please do not say it isn't broken. It hurts my feelings quite honestly.

I have to agree, saying that something isn't "broken" just because a few people aren't being affected as much doesn't make sense. I guess so long as at least one person is getting some events then it's working as intended. The rest of us are just unlucky. The sharing of these events is broken regardless of the spawn rate.

TheMaddog4000
01-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Playstation 4 player here. I circled the entire map and every Island and yet I found nothing...nothing for my efforts. I am ~90 hours into this game and am yet to get the last trophy for multiplayer content in a single player game (Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired). I have less than 99 friends on ps4, many play this game and I even have some friends on Uplay. I have never found any social events what so ever in my entire time playing.You would think that after the enormous amount of feed back that Ubi is receiving that they might just do something or at least make an official statement.

zorlaris
01-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Well, i have the same problems as you guys. What i have been doing to trick this bug is to search all over the web to find cordinates for sosial events that just had appared.
In the most situations i didnt get anything, but in two of them (the two i mentioned over i was lucky. however i got a white whale when the source i had got a royal convoy, and the other way when i found a royal convoy.

I wonder if there is a difference between each region you are in. for example, North europe, North america ..... https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/4717/page/11 That is the thread that gave me thoose cordinates.

Just to mention. i have 100% sync in everything except absterego challenges (missing thoose three sosial events) + freedom cry which i am working on. I also sailed the whole map several times over a week time, only finding one chest in havanna on my own....

luv10man
01-04-2014, 04:14 PM
I am on the XB One and I am at 85% with all collectibles and all locations except for the last two in story line with freaking 60:18 hours and 533 nmi sailed and only 1 of each social event. This is ****ing bull ****.

Shadiest187
01-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Have found a white whale on PS4 consistently north of Jiguey but NEVER get the option to share or any sort of notification, no option to harpoon either! But alas, every bloody time I sail past it's there jumping out of the water!! This is maddening...

Clearly something is wrong

DinoSteve1
01-04-2014, 10:30 PM
This whole mess makes me wonder, what will happen to social events when Ubisoft repurposes the ACIV social server for something else.