PDA

View Full Version : What Ubisoft has to say about the missing social challenges (white whales ect)

I_Came_From_Xbox
01-03-2014, 03:29 AM
Lately I have seen many posts with confused people not being about to find the social challenges (white whale, royal convoy, social chest.) I thought it may be helpful to set things straight for the people that do not yet know.

I spoke with Ubi support and they told me the following:

The social challenges are not broken. The devs thought it was too easy to get these challenges so they decided to make them nearly impossible to find. Not only have they made them more rare, they have also made them last for a shorter amount of time, and you have to be very very close to the challenge before it actually shows up on your map.

I was reassured multiple times that the social challenges are indeed working "as intended" at this time. The devs do not have any plans of making them any easier at this time.

It was suggested that everyone open a ticket by going to support.ubisoft.com.

It seems the only way they will make the social challenges some what possible is if enough people open tickets.

This is the only trophy I have remaining to get for platinum which is insane, but it appears Ubi could care less.

Ahkmed 7
01-03-2014, 04:33 AM
I received a slightly different response (copy-pasted exactly):

"Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support. The Social Event icons (Royal Convoys, White Whales and Community Chests) are all spawning correctly. The development team felt that they were too easy when the game first released. As a result, they dropped the spawn rate, decreased the amount of time they last and made them more difficult to locate. As such, many players are having trouble finding them. The development team is currently looking into changing the spawn rate again to make it a little easier, but for now it remains extremely difficult. However, it is possible to find them."

I was told there are investigating it. There are other bugs, and these devs broke something that wasn't broken (and wasn't wanted by most of the community in the first place from what I'm reading).

Just keep submitting tickets to support.ubi.com or call them. they should get the hint. One of the devs should post something here soon. By the way, I suggested that one of them (preferably the genius who suggested lowering the spawn rates) should take to twitter or one of the forums to post spawn locations for each platform.

LoyalACFan
01-03-2014, 04:42 AM
After upgrading to PS4, I have 97% synchronization, 53 hours of play, and have not seen ONE social event. NOT. ONE. It's absolutely unbelievable that they thought the current spawn rate was better than it was at launch... :nonchalance:

TomEmilioDavies
01-03-2014, 08:50 AM
I have played 60+ hours, and have only ever come across the one white whale, and nothing else. I really want that Governor's outfit.

pacmanate
01-03-2014, 01:57 PM
After upgrading to PS4, I have 97% synchronization, 53 hours of play, and have not seen ONE social event. NOT. ONE. It's absolutely unbelievable that they thought the current spawn rate was better than it was at launch... :nonchalance:

Its weird, im in the same ship.

On PS3 I use to get social events all the time!

M0nsterSkillz
01-03-2014, 02:21 PM
I haven't come across either. At least not yet anyway, god why make it so hard ?

Mr_Shade
01-03-2014, 02:21 PM
As already posted - I am getting the team to clarify the issue.

There where apprently changes to the frequency of them appearing - so that may well explain the reasons people have stopped seeing them.

Injuring
01-03-2014, 02:41 PM
The "Team" seems to be incompetent, community challenges are supposed to be fun and keep you playing the game longer, not annoy, frustrate and aggravate us. So do we finish the game and just sail around for hours on end praying we an event?? Doesn't sound like fun to me.

Great game is being ruined by something that's supposed to be fun, I finished it on my PS4 and im finishing it on my 360 now (85%). I Guarantee once the solo play is done, I wont be sailing around for hours waiting to find something to do.

pacmanate
01-03-2014, 02:42 PM
The "Team" seems to ne incompetent, community challenges are supposed to be fun and keep you playing the game longer, not annoy, frustrate and aggravate us. So do we finish the game and just sail around for hours on end praying we an event?? Doesn't sound like fun to me.

This is why Single Player should be SINGLE PLAYER. I hate all this social crap.

Mr_Shade
01-03-2014, 02:51 PM
The "Team" seems to ne incompetent, community challenges are supposed to be fun and keep you playing the game longer, not annoy, frustrate and aggravate us. So do we finish the game and just sail around for hours on end praying we an event?? Doesn't sound like fun to me.

Great game is being ruined by something that's supposed to be fun, I finished it on my PS4 and im finishing it on my 360 now (85%). I Guarantee once the solo play is done, I wont be sailing around for hours waiting to find something to do.
you mean 'social' events - or do you mean the community challenge ones?

The social events - have been altered since release, however it appears many are not happy with this, so I am waiting on comments from the team.

Community ones only run at times announced in game - so if you missed one, or an reward - they will be available again when the events happen again.

x___Luffy___x
01-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Mr Shade can you please contact them and ask them if they are gonna be giving us PC players any Community Events ? if not then they should just unlock the content that is locked.

i mean there has to be some explanation as to why they haven't given the Community Events for PC players.

Mr_Shade
01-03-2014, 03:10 PM
They are aware of the PC feedback too.

Lets not drag a tread about Social events - into a Community challenge one, and console into PC since that will confuse matters even more!

Injuring
01-03-2014, 03:44 PM
you mean 'social' events - or do you mean the community challenge ones?

The social events - have been altered since release, however it appears many are not happy with this, so I am waiting on comments from the team.

Community ones only run at times announced in game - so if you missed one, or an reward - they will be available again when the events happen again.

The Social events and the Community Challenges. Issues I am currently having.

A) The social Events are impossible to find.

B) The Community Challenge Goals, seem wildly disproportionate to the number of people playing the game. Especially when The consoles and PC versions are not all calculated together. I assume they all report back to Ubi servers so why is this so hard to get right?

C) Royal Convoys?? I destroyed at least a dozen royal convoys and I have yet to get the achievement for 3! I took the advice found on this forum and I boarded all the ships in the convoys, no ships in the convoys, just the frigate ships in the convoys and still no achievement.

D) I have a PS4 copy and a Xbox 360 copy (I wanted the gamer score), I login to Ubi with the same account on both but all my Uplay items only show up on my PS4. Not a major concern but it still annoying.

I was going to go back and buy Far Cry 3 because I heard it was good but never played it, but UBI support is really starting to feel less than prepared for ongoing support.

teal98aurora
01-03-2014, 03:51 PM
So long and thanks for all the fish (except white whales). I purchased this game shortly after launch day and divided my time between story sequences and the "social" exploration. When I was unable to get very far with the social events (at about sequence 9) I abandoned the story and devoted my full game-play time to finding these events with zero luck. I literally spent weeks doing nothing but sailing and wandering with the hope of finding just one event to no avail. About three or four days ago I gave up, finished the main story and took the game out of my console with no intention of going back. Frankly, though I finished the story, the game felt unfinished and left me rather sad that such a fun game was reduced to a wild goose chase for elusive social events that had no business being in a single player game in the first place. It also left me with the conclusion that I will think long and hard about purchasing another game that includes these types of activities.

I_Came_From_Xbox
01-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Well at least it appears ubi is aware of the issue. All we can do is open tickets. The rest is up to ubi.

Recon_plz
01-03-2014, 05:30 PM
I understand if Ubi wanted to add some challenge to finding the events, but this is just ridiculous. I have 99% sync with just about 55 hours of game play and I have yet to see even a single event. Between the fleet missions and the events it comes down to you either having an army of AC4 playing friends, or a lot of time to waste sailing around.

Zial-
01-03-2014, 07:06 PM
I call BS on this.
Some people are told it's a known issue and will be fixed in the next patch and some are told that it's working as intended.
If they did in fact change the frequency of the spawns for social events, then why was it never posted anywhere that they did so? And if it's not a glitch/bug and working as intended, why do I have
3 royal convoys on my map with no timer and no ship at its location, just a floating icon? Yup, works just as they intended. They still never fixed the convoy glitch in AC3, can't wait to see how long this one takes.

btsnider91
01-03-2014, 07:31 PM
I feel like I'm playing WoW. Searching weeks on end for a .1% drop... in a single player game. This is ridiculous. I was already upset enough that they decided to include multiplayer trophies in platium REQs but now i'm on a hunt for 3 individual events that spawn like something in an MMO. This "sharing is caring" trophy is just stupid in the first place. Also, whoever's bright idea it was that social events were to easy is not aware of his consumer's interests. What AC player wants a grind like this? DId any reasoning go into this at all? Any?

btsnider91
01-03-2014, 07:37 PM
@Injuring: Totally agree with everything you said. Just wanted to say that Far Cry 3 is awesome. Loved that game. Loved it

h8suall
01-03-2014, 08:23 PM
I played the 360 version to 100% and had found tons of chest, convoys and whales by the time I was even at 70%. I've played it to 100% on the One and have found 0 chests, 1 convoy and 4 whales. There is definitely an issue they just don't want to admit it.

MnemonicSyntax
01-03-2014, 09:27 PM
It's not an issue related to consoles though, just to clarify that. Around the time next gen was released, the Social Events stopped working "correctly."

That's why former gen players were getting everything, and next gen are not.