PDA

View Full Version : [WARNING] Reinstalling the uplay client will remove your save files.

Slappey
01-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Just experienced this first hand.. had to reinstall the uplay client thanks to a bug in the client itself where it would download updates as soon as it was restarted, was told by the ubisoft support to do this but when i launched the game today to continue my achievements i found out that my save file was removed. Apparently some wiseguy at the ubisoft development team figured it was a great idea to put the save files into the ubisoft game launcher folder instead of "my documents" as all the others and with the perfect combination that the uplay cloud sync is not even active it means all your saves will get removed.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGwCAI

"The Uplay PC Cloud save synchronisation for Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag has been disabled while we improve its functionality. In the meantime, you can copy your local saves and take them with you to continue playing without losing your progress."

So to sum it all up, big freaking warning to the community if someone needs to reinstall the game launcher, you will lose your save files if you don't back them up. Also cudos to the telephone support i talked to, she gave me some hints at what could be done but unfortunatly it's nothing that was doable in my case.

l3ladenine
01-02-2014, 07:18 PM
ubisuck.I want my money back.