PDA

View Full Version : Seen But Unseen or A Stupid Mistake?

RinoTheBouncer
01-02-2014, 03:13 PM
I donít wanna dig too deep in details but this is story related and itís logical as well.
Desmond Milesí body was recovered and so was his recordings and pics with his friends (show in AC4, present day hacking missions). Shaun now sells coffee at Abstergo Entertainment and Rebecca sounds like a valued client of theirs or lets say that she got there with no problems.

First, according to ACINITIATES.COM website and itís Surveillance Reports and present day files about what goes on at Abstergo, not to mention whatís evident from AC games and specifically ACIV, present day, that Abstergo monitors itís employees and even puts them in bunkers and has the right to detained them or so (as evident from ACIV and ACINITIATES.COM files) as a part of the contract if there was any breach. So the point is, itís clear that they monitor everything about their clines.

Now, Shaun is working there (though with a different hair color) but still using his name publicly not to mention getting in touch with Rebecca. So, the question is, what kinda idiot leading Abstergo didnít really notice any of that? I mean we see it quite often in films, books or real life that they either identify suspects from their looks, name and even the people they interact with and here, all of the above are clear as day. So did Ubisoft just forget about this? thereís a big difference between being seen but unseen and being naive enough not to take any precautions.

ze_topazio
01-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Shaun and Rebecca confirmed as the best Assassins.

Maybe Desmond's phone pics had not been properly analyzed yet, maybe only the owner of that computer saw them, Abstergo entertainment employees are not Templars and know nothing about Templars and Assassins, not much information is given to them, also the Templars are clearly incompetent, they have been trying to take over the world for the past 10.000 years and have not even come close to achieve it.

RinoTheBouncer
01-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Shaun and Rebecca confirmed as the best Assassins.

Maybe Desmond's phone pics had not been properly analyzed yet, maybe only the owner of that computer saw them, Abstergo entertainment employees are not Templars and know nothing about Templars and Assassins, not much information is given to them, also the Templars are clearly incompetent, they have been trying to take over the world for the past 10.000 years and have not even come close to achieve it.

I know but like sometimes you see a pic of someone on Facebook and then you see them somewhere and you’re like “Oh that’s him. I knew I’ve seen him somewhere” and here is like one of the basics of getting to know your employee, especially when they were being chased after for so long. Abstergo Entertainment aren’t Templars but they’re not really a normal company especially when they monitor every move and have bunkers to keep employees in.

Honey-McBadger
01-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Abstergo Entertainment doesn't have any Templars working there, that we know of - as you said. The closest is Olivier Garneau, who speaks to a Templar. Olivier went missing.

The pictures on Desmond's phone are classified files, practically everyone at AE won't have seen them. Nobody will immediately recognise Shaun/Rebecca, though when things start becoming strange the company do put a warning up.

The Templars have a lot of resources, but I think it's reasonable enough (not flawless) that they don't do a background check on someone working for a coffee firm one of Abstergo's subsidiary companies has contracted in. There's some creative licence used by Ubisoft, admittedly.

RinoTheBouncer
01-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Abstergo Entertainment doesn't have any Templars working there, that we know of - as you said. The closest is Olivier Garneau, who speaks to a Templar. Olivier went missing.

The pictures on Desmond's phone are classified files, practically everyone at AE won't have seen them. Nobody will immediately recognise Shaun/Rebecca, though when things start becoming strange the company do put a warning up.

The Templars have a lot of resources, but I think it's reasonable enough (not flawless) that they don't do a background check on someone working for a coffee firm one of Abstergo's subsidiary companies has contracted in. There's some creative licence used by Ubisoft, admittedly.

I agree with what you said but those who found the files, didn’t they upload them to someone big? some Templar? like those are Desmond’s files not some random dead citizen. And what about Shaun himself? what’s gotten into him to enter there without much known precautions?

Fatal-Feit
01-02-2014, 04:48 PM
I agree with what you said but those who found the files, didn’t they upload them to someone big? some Templar? like those are Desmond’s files not some random dead citizen. And what about Shaun himself? what’s gotten into him to enter there without much known precautions?

They weren't forever unnoticed though. After sequence 10 I believe, if you looks around the monitors, you can see they are known and wanted by the superiors.

Honey-McBadger
01-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Yep Fatal-Feit, that's a good point. They're spotted as soon as the Templars have an interest in Abstergo Entertainment. Although Shaun hangs around once those warnings are on the monitors, that's just a glitch - he's not meant to be there.

Rino, the company selling coffee is contracted by Abstergo. Shaun's main infiltration is of a coffee vendor, which I don't imagine is a particularly hard task for the Assassins. Abstergo won't have hired him, they'll have hired the company he 'works' for.

MnemonicSyntax
01-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Bingo. And Rebecca is just a courier like DHL or UPS. Neither employee are hired directly by Abstergo.