PDA

View Full Version : No Quarter Cheat???

Injuring
01-02-2014, 05:17 AM
"This Cheat Activates HARDCORE MODE: neither Edward nor the Jackdaw regenerate health.

Once activated the game state will not be saved anymore."

PLEASE explain to me how this is a CHEAT???????? I'm sure there are some sadistic people out there who would love this mode, why not just include/ask at a new game startup? BUT let the poor guys SAVE.

I would like to know the programmer over at UBI that's into Sadism and thinks this CHEAT is a good thing?

phoenix-force411
01-02-2014, 09:22 AM
There we go again. AC is not an RPG game that includes difficulty settings. When you turn on this cheat, save progress will not be saved unless deactivated, or if you quit out of the save or the game and reload the save again. Basically, just turn it off and then the game will continue to auto-save. These cheats have been like this since Brotherhood.

Injuring
01-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Explain to me how this is a CHEAT??? O_O

LoyalACFan
01-03-2014, 08:45 PM

Think of it as more of a "tweak." If the game is too easy for some people, they can switch this on for a greater challenge. But, as you said, you can't save with it turned on, and it can't be used in missions, so it's exclusive to just goofing around in free-roam.

THE WINDS OF THOR ARE BLOWING COOOOOOOOOOLD

inferno33222
01-04-2014, 12:14 AM

I guess "Modification" would be a better term.

Kagurra
01-04-2014, 04:24 AM
No, he's right. This is BS.

In AC3 when you used the Time of Day "Cheat" it didn't disable saving. It has no affect on gameplay and is just aesthetic. But in AC4, if I want to play in daytime only, nope no saving. That's dumb. It does in AC4.

LoyalACFan
01-04-2014, 05:06 AM
No, he's right. This is BS.

In AC3 when you used the Time of Day "Cheat" it didn't disable saving. It has no affect on gameplay and is just aesthetic. But in AC4, if I want to play in daytime only, nope no saving. That's dumb. It does in AC4.

The inability to save is stupid for aesthetic cheats, but I thought he was asking why there was a cheat to make it harder. I didn't think he was making a point of the saving thing.

ACIDIC SWORDS
01-04-2014, 05:28 AM
For me when i turn off a cheat it quits and goes back to my last save, why cant i use a cheat then turn it off and save the stuff i did with the cheat?