PDA

View Full Version : 'AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working'?!?!

kenway3r
01-02-2014, 03:50 AM
Ubisoft Ticket: 00983143
Reported: 31st Dec

Problem: My digital Uplay AC4 game doesn't work. When I double click to start it says the 'AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working', the curser flickers and disappears and the game does not even start. I haven't played the game at all since purchase 3 days ago.

Very disappointed as I bought my new PC for new PC titles like this.

PC Specs: Intel i5 4670, Windows 7 OS, 8GB RAM, NVidia GTX 660 card and 1TB of free disk space. This is over and above minimum specs.

Looking through the forum, other fellow gamers have a similar issue. Is there a definitive solution? I'm new to Uplay, so unable to follow complicated solutions discussed elsewhere, especially as people aren't finding solitions successfully. So anything definitive?

Thanks to anyone able to assist.

ReaperSaga
01-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Unfortunately, nothing.

Ubisoft screwed up something with the latest patches and this crashing issue is pretty much on all platforms, along with other major issues. Have you tried to play without installing any released patches? Verified the files cache?

There is a temporary "fix", which has worked for some people to reduce crashing, but does not completely remove the issue.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818432-A-FIX-For-the-AC4BFSP-exe-stopped-working-black-screen-at-start-!!!!

OmegaSyn
01-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Hey,

I am also getting this crash and it seems a very large portion of people playing this are also getting the issue, majority at the exact same place "Trust is Earned" main campaign mission, right after zoning into the Africa Sea zone and 5 ships appears you need to sink. Once you engage, you crash with the AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working - error. Some have found a temp fix but is not working on all machine (no fix I have found seems to work.) quite a disappointment and let down from Ubi. my crash error is:

Faulting application name: AC4BFSP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52ac782e
Faulting module name: AC4BFSP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52ac782e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00b2a117
Faulting process id: 0x654
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf072a41447bdc
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFSP.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFSP.exe
Report Id: 73ac3931-731e-11e3-91e3-94de807da69d

System spec is:

Windows 7 Ultimate - SP1 - 64Bit
Intel Core i5-4570 @ 3.2ghz
16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance PC3-10600 RAM
1TB Seagate SATA HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 - 1GB - R331 / GeForce 331.93 Driver

mitsaras_78
01-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Possible fix : Try to change your mouse usb port or another mouse and the game run again normaly without errors.I think that its a bug or compatibility issues.

Slick_64
01-08-2014, 09:42 AM
This is a common error, it occurs after the last patch, 1.04. What i did to get the game working was to change ''DataPC_Patch.forge'' to "DataPC_Patche.forge" Note the "e" in Patch.....its the only thing that got this game working for me anyway.
I'm running Win8 64-bit.

Nevofix
01-08-2014, 01:26 PM
I read there was a fix, but I haven't tried it ,because it's quite drastically. They say you have to delete your savegame files. Note: I cannot confirm that this works.

lord_gant
01-12-2014, 04:59 PM
This is a common error, it occurs after the last patch, 1.04. What i did to get the game working was to change ''DataPC_Patch.forge'' to "DataPC_Patche.forge" Note the "e" in Patch.....its the only thing that got this game working for me anyway.
I'm running Win8 64-bit.

Didn't work for me :/ Got me into the game though, then crashes when it shows the Nvidia part...

Any more suggestions?

Maelvex
01-12-2014, 05:26 PM
My game still crash, anywhere from 5-30min. Also tryed that other file, but doen't get any better. Have trying all kind og ingame setup and all kind in Nvidia controlpanel. It seems to me that it is the game, something not easyly fixed and might gonna wait for Ubisoft to fix it in a patch.. I for one have stopped playing, and not gonna buy more Ubisoft games. I know this wont resolve your problem and for that im sorry.. ( still im looking for an explanation for this, and a patch that can repair this game )