PDA

View Full Version : Why did the Assassins.. [SPOILER]

Liu_Jian
01-02-2014, 12:19 AM
I'm trying to figure out if I missed something while playing this game. Sorry if its already been talked about (please redirect me to another thread if it has).

Why would the assassins leave Desmond's body in the temple, not to mention with everything that he had on him at the time of his death? Surely they had to know that Abstergo would find the body and possibly use his DNA in the future to uncover other secrets. Their team is too smart and covers their tracks too well to just leave his body there like that, IMO.

Am I missing something? Was something hinted in the game that I'm not aware of? I read somewhere that Desmond may have used the apple to create a duplicate of himself, but I find that very hard to believe.

MnemonicSyntax
01-02-2014, 12:22 AM
If you played 3, he tells his father, Rebecca and Sean to get out and get away as far as they can, because he doesn't know what's going to happen.

poptartz20
01-02-2014, 12:23 AM
well.. I honestly think at the end of AC3 they weren't sure what was going to happen with Desmond or his body because he told everyone to run and get out of here. So with being said who is to know if they did try to come back but Abstergo was already there and had recovered the body before they did.

Liu_Jian
01-02-2014, 12:27 AM
That's right I forgot about that. I guess at that point it would just be a matter of who got back to the temple first. That makes sense.

Gestahl
01-02-2014, 12:33 AM
I took more umbrage with Shaun getting a job selling coffee when Abstergo knew his face. He and Rebecca also used their real names, loudly, in public conversation. There's hiding in plain site and then there's just being stupid. Abstergo should have known exactly who Shaun was the moment he stepped in the door.

Liu_Jian
01-02-2014, 12:46 AM
That's another thing that bothered me, as well - especially considering most of the modern part of the game was based off of finding a hacker.

aL_____eX
01-02-2014, 12:46 AM
Unfortunately I believe it doesn't even matter if Shaun and Rebecca ever had plans to infiltrate Abstergo, try to recover Desmond's files, items etc. because it's very doubtful that we will ever get any answers for this party of the story. I still hope they make it to establish a solid modern day part again, but it's very unlikely Ubisoft will in the future.

mikeyf1999
01-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Never say never

aL_____eX
01-02-2014, 12:58 AM
Does this come from a Belieber? :p

But yes, I still have hopes that they didn't entirely write off the modern part. :nonchalance:

Hrafnagud72
01-02-2014, 01:03 AM
Does this come from a Belieber? :p

But yes, I still have hopes that they didn't entirely write off the modern part. :nonchalance:

Based on the comments Ubisoft has made on the modern day, they have written it off. They want to get out from under the modern day segments as much as possible. That's why they have made the character 'you'.

mikeyf1999
01-02-2014, 01:07 AM
No I hate beiber and I heard the line b4 he made the song

MnemonicSyntax
01-02-2014, 02:50 AM
I took more umbrage with Shaun getting a job selling coffee when Abstergo knew his face. He and Rebecca also used their real names, loudly, in public conversation. There's hiding in plain site and then there's just being stupid. Abstergo should have known exactly who Shaun was the moment he stepped in the door.

Hardly. Abstergo Entertainment isn't Templarville. In fact, according to Darby, no one at Abstergo Entertainment was even a Templar.

And, Rebecca and Shaun were most likely hired out by a third party. Rebecca worked as a courier for someone like DHL or UPS, while Shaun worked for an outside coffee company like Starbucks.

poptartz20
01-02-2014, 03:16 AM
Hardly. Abstergo Entertainment isn't Templarville. In fact, according to Darby, no one at Abstergo Entertainment was even a Templar.

And, Rebecca and Shaun were most likely hired out by a third party. Rebecca worked as a courier for someone like DHL or UPS, while Shaun worked for an outside coffee company like Starbucks.

Ahh... that would make sense. Because I did wonder the same thing. :| Also with that being said, they are in Montreal it seems vs. New York (I could be wrong) where the other abstergo company is.

TheDanteEX
01-02-2014, 03:26 AM
It's not like Templars just kill anybody they know who are Assassins. That would never work out in modern times. I'm sure they dispatch of Assassins that do hinder them significantly, but it's not like they're two gangs and if a Templar and Assassin saw each other on the street they'd start trying to murder one another. Besides, Abstergo is huge huge huge compared to the Assassins. If they let a small group get to them, which we know there are other groups trying to disable the Templars, then their public face would be in jeopardy. As far as I know, the only attacks have been on Assassin strongholds, which all three were strongly against Abstergo. Now I don't know if that's all the Assassins do in modern days, but clearly their resources are growing dimmer by the days.

Also, it's just a game.