PDA

View Full Version : Question about installation

Chuba15
01-01-2014, 08:28 PM
If I were to buy the AC4BF disc for PC could I just put the disc in my laptop and start playing like you can do for console? Or would I still have to download the full game which is 30 GB? Thanks

KmarkoPL
01-01-2014, 10:43 PM
On Pc you have to install the game , the disc does not have to be in the drive .

YazX_
01-01-2014, 11:19 PM
you dont have to download anything except game's updates, however you need UPlay which installs when you install the game from DVD to play any Ubisoft game. and as kmarko said, DVD is not required to play the game, you just install it once and thats it.

Chuba15
01-02-2014, 12:03 AM
you dont have to download anything except game's updates, however you need UPlay which installs when you install the game from DVD to play any Ubisoft game. and as kmarko said, DVD is not required to play the game, you just install it once and thats it.

But what I'm asking is if the disc (CD-ROM) requires the ridiculously large download that the digitally downloaded version requires? Like when I open up the game and put the disc in for the first time can I just start playing instantly like console?

KmarkoPL
01-02-2014, 12:18 AM
PC or laptop is not like console , there is differed coding system and file structure
To play game on PC ,you need Uplay witch will activate your game , sign to your account, and install patches, one of them is over 1 Gb
After that you can put away the discs ,or use only if you reinstaling the game , or installing on other PC using the same Uplay account.

Chuba15
01-02-2014, 01:18 AM
Still not answering my question.

Chuba15
01-02-2014, 01:31 AM
I'm asking is it faster to download a game with the digital download or the physical cd. I know digital games take hours to download, is it like that with cds?

lukestickmaster
01-02-2014, 02:01 AM
I believe it is the same as the disc simply installs the game and the download is done through uplay no matter how you purchase the game. I do however reccomend buying the game as it was a HUGE pain in the butt to buy it online, install it and then download onto uplay, which took less than 3 hours for my son. So no, it will not be faster. Now our issue is getting singleplayer and multiplayer to work without crashing or not responding messages coming up. I'm stating to think this was a huge waste of $60!!

seville57
01-02-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm asking is it faster to download a game with the digital download or the physical cd. I know digital games take hours to download, is it like that with cds?I have the "Skull Edition" box (3 game discs) for PC and I installed from the discs.

If I remember right it took maybe 40 min or so.

YazX_
01-02-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm asking is it faster to download a game with the digital download or the physical cd. I know digital games take hours to download, is it like that with cds?

ok now i got it, there is no such thing called download from physical DVD, physical DVD contains the data you download (take hours) digitally, so you put your DVD (like consoles) and install, the difference here, consoles dont install the full game, just part of it and you must have your DVD inserted into tray if you want to play, while on PC the full game is installed and DVD is not required afterwards.