PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed in Scotland?

Bashilir
01-01-2014, 05:38 PM
So I was watching the History channel( yes I know, it's typically people blabbing about aliens visiting the pyramids nowadays but still). So we know in the beginning of AC1, when Altair is still a ****, we see that the Templars find the Ark of The Covenant, yes? On the History channel, they were talking about the Templars basically finding a JACKPOT of ancient artifacts. One being the holy grail. You know, that glass Jesus used at the Last Supper.

Anyway, they mention that after the Templars discovered these artifacts, they had William Sinclair build a chapel, the "Rosslyn Chapel" to be exact in SCOTLAND. This automatically brought me to the possibility that we could have an Assassin's Creed game in Scotland. If the Holy Grail really is in the Rossyln Chapel, wouldn't the Assassins want it, and if the Assassins wanted it, the Templars would try to protect it from them? This is only my thoughts and I know most of us are probably tired of all these threads about Assassin's Creed in ___ but I wanted to share this information.

I mean is it possible to have an Assassin's Creed in Scotland? What do you guys think of this? I see it more plausible than a lot of these settings. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosslyn_Chapel This is the chapel. c:

ChrissyP2K3
01-01-2014, 07:01 PM
It's a very good point, Scotland would make a nice location, we've got towns and cities, beautiful coastlines, forests etc, and the geography could be varied by highland/lowland differences.

Shahkulu101
01-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Yes.

ChrissyP2K3
01-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Not to mention they have had no difficulties finding Scottish VA's! Feel so at home in AC4 when a gunman shouts "get out those bushes ya bampot!"

Bashilir
01-01-2014, 08:40 PM
It's a very good point, Scotland would make a nice location, we've got towns and cities, beautiful coastlines, forests etc, and the geography could be varied by highland/lowland differences.

Good to see someone that lives there, agree!

Yes.

Um.. I'd love to hear like actual opinions. You know like, why Yes. :P

Not to mention they have had no difficulties finding Scottish VA's! Feel so at home in AC4 when a gunman shouts "get out those bushes ya bampot!"

Haha yes. I feel like the Brute archetype would right at home.

SixKeys
01-01-2014, 09:21 PM
I think somewhere in the AC lore (AC1 e-mails, I believe) it's established that the Templars concluded the Grail was most likely a myth and not a real PoE. Otherwise though, Scotland sounds like it would make for an interesting location.

PedroAntonio2
01-01-2014, 09:25 PM
I think somewhere in the AC lore (AC1 e-mails, I believe) it's established that the Templars concluded the Grail was most likely a myth and not a real PoE. Otherwise though, Scotland sounds like it would make for an interesting location.

There is no need to be exactly the Holy Grail. The story could start for the search of Holy Grail, but in the end they discover another POE in the place. Like the Shroud.

SixKeys
01-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Abstergo is the reason to dive into the Animus. If Abstergo believes the PoE is real and worth chasing, that's the reason to go digging in someone's memory. Why would the Templars be searching for the Holy Grail to begin with since they already know (or believe) it's not real?

Bashilir
01-01-2014, 09:33 PM

Awww, I never went through all the e-mails.. Perhaps something could be done to counter-act that? Maybe Abstergo finds out that several artifacts were buried with the holy grail? Or, I know with several other things in the "real world", that they seem to ignore, they could just ignore the e-mail. :L
I don't like when games do that but, that hasn't seemed to stop them from doing so with many other things. Like Africa being in the worst condition possible yet never mentioned again. But yes I agree, I think it'd make for a great game. Both in a huge culturtal different and architecture.

Consus_E
01-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Sure...
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/345/0/e/assassins_creed_scottish_brother_by_blues_design-d5nqg3q.jpg
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/090/0/b/william_wallace_by_roflsoldier-d4ujga2.jpg

Bashilir
01-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Sure...
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/345/0/e/assassins_creed_scottish_brother_by_blues_design-d5nqg3q.jpg
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/090/0/b/william_wallace_by_roflsoldier-d4ujga2.jpg

See now, I'd like to see a scrawny assassin. An assassin that CANNOT do what Edward, Ezio, Connor, or Altair could do. That being fighting 10-900 enemies at once. I don't think a "stamina" bar would make sense but nor does fighting more than 4 guys at once. If Ubisoft DID do a "Scotland AC", it wouldn't be the cliche' big, red bearded drinking man. The character would probably be extremely different in terms of design. Maybe even as his main weapon, be a knife. He/She could weave in and out of big brutes with their huge axe and end them quick.

oliacr
01-02-2014, 07:37 PM
William Wallace

SeanC_1967
01-02-2014, 09:46 PM
As a Scot, this would be magic!

I think it could work. Scotland has a variety of beautiful landscapes and would be a good setting for this sort of game. It'll probably never happen though.

TitantheBrute
05-06-2014, 12:42 AM
First of all let me say that this may be an old forum, but that doesn't change the fact that this is an awesome idea for an AC game. Not to mention the fact that if it's only slightly after the time of Altair, the Scottish Wars for Independence were less than 100 years after AC1. This could make for some very interesting storylines and characters. Like William Wallace and Robert the Bruce for example. And put in major events like the Battle for Bannockburn. Believe me this won't be some AC3 rip off, this time period has some amazing historical events that would make a rich story for an AC game. And with not just Scotland, but the British Isles in general for geographical setting, there would be so much that the player could explore if the developers would put enough work to create plenty of maps there. I bet so much that this would be the coolest game ever. And it would take away all the modern elements like large rifles, giving you a more classic AC experience. This really could be one of the best places for an AC game. And there isn't any games you could be comparing this too like you can Egypt=Prince of Persia, and Japan=Ninja games. This wouldn't be some game about barbarism vs English Imperialism. This would be the coolest game ever if it were used.

DumbGamerTag94
05-06-2014, 01:04 AM
Idk.....lets see......a Scottish setting........

Its going to involve a Scottish battle for the throne, A Templar kning comes to power after talking with 3 witches and having a vision(POE), so he kills the other heirs and takes control, only to face regret and further visions and ultimately end up beheaded by an Assassin........Oh wait that's been done somewhere before I think.

I know how about a guy who's on a Mission of Revenge against the British and fights a revolt against them in an epic battle Yelling FREEDOM!!!!........oh wait that's been done too.

But in all seriousness im not very interested, Theres no reason to go there since we already know that Abstergo doesn't think the Grail exists, Also it just isn't that great of a setting IMO. I mean the wars for Scottish Independence would be kind of cool and I would be all for meeting William Wallace and Robert the Bruce however theres just no reason to be there. And I also don't get why people always think Independence/Revolution=AC3 Rip off. That doesn't make any sense. As if all those kinds of movements are the same?

Locopells
05-06-2014, 02:11 AM

David Tennant as Jock the Assassin!

Seriously though, hell yeah! Scaling Edinburgh Castle/Castle Rock would be excellent! Plus it'd be ripe for the frontier/hunting/etc, type activities.

Its going to involve a Scottish battle for the throne, A Templar kning comes to power after talking with 3 witches and having a vision(POE), so he kills the other heirs and takes control, only to face regret and further visions and ultimately end up beheaded by an Assassin........Oh wait that's been done somewhere before I think.

Yeah - the Lion King!

DumbGamerTag94
05-06-2014, 03:15 AM
Yeah - the Lion King!

I was going more for the Macbeth reference with that lol but I guess that works. :):p

Locopells
05-06-2014, 11:19 AM
No, really?! ;)

Dead1y-Derri
05-06-2014, 11:21 AM
A 1000% Yes.

AC in Scotland :D

Mr.GoodKall
05-06-2014, 11:11 PM
So I was watching the History channel( yes I know, it's typically people blabbing about aliens visiting the pyramids nowadays but still) :
History has never showed anything about aliens visiting Pyramids. I watch history all the time, it is very educational along with Science channel, NatGeo, and Discovery. These channels have the best shows.

cawatrooper9
05-07-2014, 02:56 AM
What if Comet is a sailing game... set in the British Isles? :P

Locopells
05-07-2014, 02:58 AM
Anything's possible!

Mr.GoodKall
05-07-2014, 05:04 PM
What if Comet is a sailing game... set in the British Isles? :P

Comet is a sailing game.

lothario-da-be
05-07-2014, 06:30 PM
These characters look good, but how were the Scottisch cities back then?

TitantheBrute
05-08-2014, 04:43 AM
Idk.....lets see......a Scottish setting........

I know how about a guy who's on a Mission of Revenge against the British and fights a revolt against them in an epic battle Yelling FREEDOM!!!!........oh wait that's been done too.

But in all seriousness im not very interested, Theres no reason to go there since we already know that Abstergo doesn't think the Grail exists, Also it just isn't that great of a setting IMO. I mean the wars for Scottish Independence would be kind of cool and I would be all for meeting William Wallace and Robert the Bruce however theres just no reason to be there. And I also don't get why people always think Independence/Revolution=AC3 Rip off. That doesn't make any sense. As if all those kinds of movements are the same?
First, not all independences/revolutions are the same, for some reason though, the idea goes straight to AC3 when you talk about revolution.
Know how I think the plot could go is that Edward 1 of England (They enemy to the Scots in the war) is the Templar master and he wants to obviously command and conquer all around him because Templars all want to have power and control over every one. So obviously the Scots rise to fight against Edward and everything. So you are an Assassin who was born in Scotland, but isn't really into the freedom cause yet. But most of the Assassin's are backing up the Scottish. So you are well associated with William Wallace and Robert the Bruce, with the latter being an Assassin. So Robert is trying to get the Assassin, let's just call him Douglas, to join the fight against the English other than the fact that their army is based off more than just fighting Templars, but for independence and for his culture. Douglas takes part in the Battle of Stirling Bridge to kill a Templar leader, there you find that Andrew Morey (The leader of the Assassin's in Scotland and a leader in the wars) has disappeared after you finish fighting. So this leads the Creed to decide he is dead and they promote a new leader. So now Robert is trying to get you to fight truely as someone in the war. Douglas decides it still isn't something he wants to get to concerned with yet. Robert than asks that he at least talks to William to see if he can help out the Scots in anyway. Douglas hesitantly agrees and finds Wallace. Douglas talks to Wallace and Wallace asks him to infiltrate an English stronghold in a Scot town to find information on the English's planned attack at Falkirk. Wallace distracts the soldiers while Douglas finds the info. As he finds the info in a building, he is attacked by another Templar and is forced to kill him. He returns to Wallace giving him the info. So they plan their defenses at Falkirk and prepare to fight. Meanwhile Douglas and Robert are asked to investigate a Templar spy in the Scot ranks. When they investigate a Scot camp, they find Colin the Brute, a heavily suited soldier who is also the Templar. He is also holding Andrew hostage. So after fighting with the juggernaut both Douglas and Colin are fatigued (Robert is fighting with other minor templars supporting Colin) Colin orders Andrew's death, Some templar soldiers kill Andrew and this puts Douglas into a minor rage, hoping over Colin and stabbing him with his hidden blade in a gap between his helmet and chest piece, then scaring off the templar soldiers. He see's Andrew dead, and then he and Robert walk over to Colin, to where that faded scene where the templar gives his last words starts, he says that the info that Douglas stole was fake, as they Templars had been planning it, and Falkirk would lead to a Scot massacre, before he dies. Robert goes over to Andrew's body, then tells Douglas to warn Wallace of Falkirk, As Douglas rides through the mountains to get to Wallace, he encounters many bandits and English soldiers. Finally as Douglas, out of breath, tries to warn Wallace, the ambush begins, and fighting breaks out all over. Douglas is fighting attacking Englishmen when he turns to see his father, a man fighting for the Scots, to be killed by an Englishmen. Douglas, in a full grown rage, chases the English captain that killed his father. After the battle is nearly over, and the Scots call a retreat, Douglas meets with Wallace, and vows to fight and avenge his father's death to the end of the war. Including Edward I. So Douglas spends the next few years fighting with the Scots in battle, and taking Assassin contracts through out the British Isles. Douglas eventually gathers enough info to determine that Edward isn't just trying to take over Scotland, but is looking for some PoE, hidden far out in the Scottish Highlands, but hasn't necessarily been discovered. Douglas is now tasked with stopping Edward. Douglas encounters more events during the time, including the execution of William Wallace. After which he catches up to Edward and poisons him, to which Edward tells him that his son Edward II has already begun as the new leader of the Templar Order in the British Isles, and is already working on finding the PoE. Edward then leaves, knowing he will soon die, to his bed to sleep, to which he died the next morning to the poison. Douglas now tasks himself with stopping Edward II. He attempts to catch him in a long game of Cat and Mouse for nearly 20 years, during which he tries to get him at Bannockburn, Skaithmuir, and more. In 1327, Douglas, convening with his fellow assassins, decide that the time to strike Edward was now. He was in an old prison. When plans are made, Robert pulls Douglas aside and tells him that in order for this war of independence to be successful, Edward II must be eliminated before they can sign a treaty. So Douglas infiltrates the facility and assassinates Edward II, to which Edward talks and talks about what has happened for the past years, wars with France, Scots, and of course the search for the PoE. He tells Douglas that he played in this "game" well, and that he won as he came out on top. He then wishes Douglas "good luck, in this life and the next, for whatever may happen." Then dies. Douglas takes information of Edward which had finally determined the PoE. He takess a few assassins with the newly discovered weapon of gunpowder, to the site of the PoE, to which he enters a small tomb, places gunpowder all over, then collapses it with the location with it, hoping that the piece will remain undiscovered for the rest of time to come. Then the story ends. Its obviously not a likely way this game would go if it did, but it would be a cool story idea in my mind.

RinoTheBouncer
05-08-2014, 08:40 AM
As long as we get a cool modern day, huge references to the Pieces of Eden and the First Civ. and a handsome protagonist, Iím all for it.