PDA

View Full Version : Who else hates boarding frigates?

funnyman44
01-01-2014, 04:04 AM
Galleons: More people but very large ship, very open

Brigs: A little smaller but fewer people, open

Frigates: Super clusterf*ck of pirates, brutes, regular enemies, etc.
The scout always gets a hit on you when you go up making you either fall or get stunned.
Too many enemies for the size of the ship, add in pirates and, well, screw it.
Combat camera screws up a lot due to the size of the ship and so many enemies.

Darn it.

mikeyf1999
01-01-2014, 05:16 AM
Tbh you can counter the scout IF it fast enough

D.I.D.
01-01-2014, 10:33 AM
The scout always gets a hit on you when you go up making you either fall or get stunned.

The scout will almost never land a blow on you if you switch straight from climbing to holding down the Block button. You just have to be fairly fast, but it's not too hard.

Sabuto78
01-01-2014, 12:19 PM
lol wut? Scouts almost never hit me, thou it's prob cause i go through the top and shoot them down first then air kill 2 peeps

as for amount of enemies the combat is just too easy for it to be that big of a problem o.o

Foyez5
01-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Can be irritating.

pacmanate
01-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Try Schooners.

TomEmilioDavies
01-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Try Schooners.
USe the swivels and you are done before you even board.

funnyman44
01-01-2014, 06:15 PM
yep.

Garrison64
01-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Take the quick way up with the hook on your own ship. Climb out on a mast cross beam and shoot the scouts. Job done. From there you can jump down on two more. Then head to the end of the other ship and fight there. From the end it's much more difficult for them to surround you and the brutes are rarely an issue. I never have a problem with the frigates using that strategy.

Kagurra
01-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Try Schooners.

Lol.

This is universal, not just on frigates, but I seriously hate when my own pirates hit me.

ST7A Bad Karma
01-01-2014, 08:09 PM

Which takes away all challenge from the ship boarding experience.

I stopped using swivels prior to boarding the 2nd day of playing Black Flag. I actually enjoy getting in there and mixing it up. It's not like BF difficulty level is so hard that you even need the swivel guns. Swivel guns are overkill and have no place in game with the current difficulty level(lack there of) of the AI IMO. But then again so are smoke bombs...

It would really be nice to have difficulty options, so I would actually need to use those swivels prior to boarding.

Kirokill
01-01-2014, 08:16 PM
I hate it when you have to go cut the flag. I climb up 2 crew members die. I try to go down 4 crew members die.

This is universal, not just on frigates, but I seriously hate when my own pirates hit me.

You're not the only one. This gets on my nerves. Especially when trying the evade the brute attack

Anyone hate when the try to climb the ship by swimming and a soldier keeps hitting you through the ship making you fall down?

Kagurra
01-01-2014, 08:29 PM
I hate it when you have to go cut the flag. I climb up 2 crew members die. I try to go down 4 crew members die.

You're not the only one. This gets on my nerves. Especially when trying the evade the brute attack

Anyone hate when the try to climb the ship by swimming and a soldier keeps hitting you through the ship making you fall down?

Yeah that's stupid too.

funnyman44
01-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Yeah that's stupid too.

Agreed

OMG Its Titan
01-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Well for the frigates size and primary use, the crew is the correct size. If you don't know frigates were very powerful ships, but also small enough to move quickly and not be a giant target at all time, like the Man O' War(s). Schooners are a complete waste of time only carrying small portions of resources to upgrade. Gunboats are just flies, I upgraded the ram on my ship to the third option, and I am just running over them now. The Man O' War ships seem to easy to take, from there size there has to be at least 200+ crew man, taking into account the mass amount of broadside cannons, that fire 3 times within seconds of each volley, why must I only kill 20 crew man? But just think about it this way, all the ships are just wood and metal to upgrade your own. The only ships worth a damn once you get further into the game, are the 4 legendary ships in the corners of the map. Great challenge even for a fully upgraded ship. :D