PDA

View Full Version : Only me who thinks that the animus part is crap?

jaggur2
12-31-2013, 05:54 PM
So in assasinīs creed 4 I am a pirate dude, having fun and getting into the mood of the settings. And then suddenly I have to play theese boooooooring animus crappy missions inbetween. Whats the point, why do they need to be in the game. I know it is in the story, but it sucks soo much. Makes me turn off the game and play something else. Is it only me who thinks this breaks into "reality" is boring as he**`?

MnemonicSyntax
12-31-2013, 05:58 PM
No, there are others who think the same way.

Good news is, besides a couple of segments here and there, the rest is entirely optional.

Also, I feel the modern day ending ties well with what happens with Edward.

IceHot100
12-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Have you played other AC games except 3 and BF? The modern day part was amazing. AC for me got generally "weaker" after Brotherhood's ending. The modern day was something deep ark and seemed somewhat 'realistic'. I partly agree with you, but I think instead of removing it they should make it more interesting like in AC1-AC:B and give it more screen time

ze_topazio
12-31-2013, 06:12 PM
I like it, it gives a sci-fi feeling that makes the series stand out.

LoyalACFan
12-31-2013, 06:49 PM
Have you played other AC games except 3 and BF? The modern day part was amazing. AC for me got generally "weaker" after Brotherhood's ending. The modern day was something deep ark and seemed somewhat 'realistic'. I partly agree with you, but I think instead of removing it they should make it more interesting like in AC1-AC:B and give it more screen time

I agree with the first part of what you said, but I don't think it needs more screen time. It was great once, and now it's not. Let's just keep it minimal or get rid of it, because with the lack of an actual modern day character, I don't think it'll ever return to the quality of AC1-Brotherhood. The modern stuff worked well in the first three games because there was a clear direction it was heading; we were following Desmond and trying to thwart Abstergo's launch. It was suspenseful, mysterious, and intriguing because we were undeniably the underdog. Then they threw that story in the crapper, and we're now stuck with a story that just seems to be ambling along, piling more and more unexplained stuff on top of everything else without ever really resolving anything.

CyborgLincoln
12-31-2013, 09:36 PM
I only like them for hacking computers, I find a lot of the things you can find interesting and it reminds me of the glyphs back in AC2 and Brotherhood which I loved.

I hate the first person view though, I'm only at sequence 7 so there may be a reason why they chose not to use third person view but it just annoys me after playing for so long in third person.

MnemonicSyntax
12-31-2013, 09:43 PM
I only like them for hacking computers, I find a lot of the things you can find interesting and it reminds me of the glyphs back in AC2 and Brotherhood which I loved.

I hate the first person view though, I'm only at sequence 7 so there may be a reason why they chose not to use third person view but it just annoys me after playing for so long in third person.

Yeah, the "first person view" is supposed to be you.