PDA

View Full Version : Favorite setting so far?

ze_topazio
12-31-2013, 02:57 PM
Kind of bored so meh

We keep discussing things like best game, best story and best character, so lets just concentrate on the setting.

I forgot to had the option for "i like them all and can't decide" and "i like none", but since its a multiple choice poll you can always vote on them all and if you don't like none you can just not vote.

I have always had a thing for Italy and the renaissance so i go with that one, that must be one of the reasons why i like AC2 so much.

I like all the settings though.

SixKeys
12-31-2013, 03:39 PM
Middle East is my most favorite, then Renaissance Italy, then modern day. I just wish modern day had fulfilled its potential, I have the feeling we'll never see the outside of Abstergo walls anymore. :(

adventurewomen
12-31-2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the multiple choice!

I liked all the locations except from Revelations and the Modern day setting. Looking forward to Liberation HD for New Orleans. :)

SpectralEntity
12-31-2013, 03:42 PM
I chose them all as they've all provided a different environment to play in.

As unpopular as Revelations is, I really enjoyed Constantinople a lot mainly dude to its compact and dense nature. The city actually felt alive compared to the cities of Italy (I know this is due to hardware limitations of the consoles and the fact there were not billions on the planet in those days.).

One thing I look forward to this gen is having more populated cities to skulk about, though, no matter the setting.

killzab
12-31-2013, 03:45 PM

I liked all the locations except from Revelations and the Modern day setting. Looking forward to Liberation HD for New Orleans. :)

You didn't like Constantinople ?:nonchalance:

dxsxhxcx
12-31-2013, 03:53 PM
AC1 and modern days...

I liked all of them, some more other less but AC1' setting is my favorite, its atmosphere was the best...

AC1
AC2
AC4
ACR
ACB-AC3

As unpopular as Revelations is, I really enjoyed Constantinople a lot mainly dude to its compact and dense nature. The city actually felt alive compared to the cities of Italy (I know this is due to hardware limitations of the consoles and the fact there were not billions on the planet in those days.).

One thing I look forward to this gen is having more populated cities to skulk about, though, no matter the setting.

I believe they could've done that in the last gen, look at Dead Rising but since this isn't the point of thread I'll stop here..

Shahkulu101
12-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Beauty: Renaissance
Gameplay: Caribbean

I scoff at your poll for not considering this.

ze_topazio
12-31-2013, 04:28 PM

You're welcome dear!

dxsxhxcx
12-31-2013, 04:35 PM
since we are talking about settings only, I don't think people should consider the gameplay aspect when voting

I-Like-Pie45
12-31-2013, 04:36 PM
they're all good except for crappy brotherhood

ze_topazio
12-31-2013, 04:56 PM

Constantinople is a wonderful and beautiful city, I'm open to any setting but i can't deny that i think this franchise is at its best in the middle of the large metropolis of Europe, Middle East and North Africa.

FrankieSatt
12-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Italy Late Renaissance for me. That setting and the layout of the cities to me was perfect

funnyman44
12-31-2013, 05:38 PM
I suggest we break away from Europe and their colonies. How about the U.S. during WW1?
It keeps the ancestors in the Americas and it would allow Ubisoft to be "futuristic."

SixKeys
12-31-2013, 05:47 PM
I suggest we break away from Europe and their colonies. How about the U.S. during WW1?
It keeps the ancestors in the Americas and it would allow Ubisoft to be "futuristic."

America was the worst setting in the series so far. I definitely would not want to go there again and especially not in such a modern era.

SeanC_1967
12-31-2013, 05:47 PM

Hope not. Don't want another game set in America so soon after AC3. Plus AC4 is set somewhat in the region of America. I'd like to see one in Britain, seems like a logical choice, or Japan/China.

Victorian era Britain would be a good choice. Set it in London, and in specific Whitechapel, and involve Jack the Ripper.

Kaschra
12-31-2013, 06:12 PM
The Renaissance, Ottoman Empire and the Caribbean for me :)

x___Luffy___x
12-31-2013, 06:20 PM
AC1 time period was the best the second best was Caribbean for me. i hope the next game go way back in time ( near AC1 time period )

ze_topazio
12-31-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm not against returning to the USA but, other than something like a direct sequel with Connor or Aveline, i don't want to return to the same country so soon.

poptartz20
12-31-2013, 06:26 PM
No love for my homeland! AMERICA FOREVER!!

lol.

Honestly, I know I'm apart of one of the few here but considering that the Revolutionary Wars was one of my favorite things to study in history, I really enjoyed the time period of the 1700's. Second being the Civil.

Other than that. I would have to go with Italy! :) then I never thought the Caribbean would be so awesome!

Yeah thanks OP for making this Muti-Choice! It was too hard to choose just one!

adventurewomen
12-31-2013, 06:35 PM
No love for my homeland! AMERICA FOREVER!!
GIRL!! I voted for North America as well! ;) :D

lol.

Honestly, I know I'm apart of one of the few here but considering that the Revolutionary Wars was one of my favorite things to study in history, I really enjoyed the time period of the 1700's. Second being the Civil.

Other than that. I would have to go with Italy! :) then I never thought the Caribbean would be so awesome!

Yeah thanks OP for making this Muti-Choice! It was too hard to choose just one!
Agreed!

LoyalACFan
12-31-2013, 06:42 PM
they're all good except for crappy brotherhood

This is what I've been telling people for years!

Still had to go with Renaissance Italy though, for AC2's sake. Wish Rome would have been a separate choice.

Caribbean is a close second though. The only one I wasn't fond of was the British NA colonies.

Shahkulu101
12-31-2013, 07:40 PM
Rome > Frontier, Boston & NY.

ze_topazio
12-31-2013, 07:54 PM
I really like Rome, never understood all the hate, i can't really imagine a better city for a one city game, it's large, there's a fancy rich area, there's a poor people area, there's a ancient ruins area and a countryside area, it's a rather diverse city.

I-Like-Pie45
12-31-2013, 08:06 PM
Its because the Romans killed Jesus without a fair trial!

As such, they don't deserve to be represented in video games in any capacity, these justice-flouting, bloodthirsty.... Romans

ze_topazio
12-31-2013, 08:13 PM
God and Jesus plotted his death, Judas, the Jews and the Romans were all pawns in their plan.

I-Like-Pie45
12-31-2013, 08:19 PM
Let's go to Baghdad for the next game

we can play as the Mongols who destroyed the Hashashin branch there and the city as well

I think it would be a breath of fresh air to play a game where we tear a metropolis to the ground and utterly devastate the Middle East's cultural center.

killzab
12-31-2013, 08:43 PM
Let's go to Baghdad for the next game

we can play as the Mongols who destroyed the Hashashin branch there and the city as well

I think it would be a breath of fresh air to play a game where we tear a metropolis to the ground and utterly devastate the Middle East's cultural center.

Meh

Kagurra
12-31-2013, 08:59 PM
AC1, then AC4. I really want something with the same feel as AC1, maybe something medieval. Also would love China to mix things up.

roostersrule2
01-01-2014, 05:25 AM
I love the Renaissance setting and I think with today's techniques the Crusades Era could be amazing, if there is a setting I want to come back to, it's the crusades. The modern day could be so much cooler too, I hope we get a real protag next game that does stuff like the D-Man did, only better stuff.

Italian Renaissance
Middle East
Ottoman Empire, circa 16th Century
Modern Day
Golden Age of Piracy
Colonial America