PDA

View Full Version : 2 things i wanted to see in AC4 but didnt

imdreamin
12-31-2013, 09:51 AM
Let me start of by saying i loved AC4. The story was not great but it was good. The gameplay was fantastic but I really wanted to see Edward become an assassin and yes i know in the end of the game he does become an assassin kind of. I mean i really think they should have made 50% of the story missions being a pirate and all that and the other half him realizing what the Assassin stand for and joining them in their quest to find the Observatory and stop the Templars from exploiting it. I really enjoyed Edward i just wanted to see that formal induction into the Brotherhood. I mean i kinda miss that bigger Assassin Brotherhood and them fighting together to stop the Templars like AC1,2 Brotherhood and Revelations. I mean Its not a huge deal just a personal pet peeve. The 2nd thing that really bothered me was something that i could not believe Ubisoft did not include in the game and that is Tombs. I mean it was a perfect setting for going in forgotten places avoiding all the traps, puzzle solving and getting to your reward. The funny thing is that even AC3 had it. The locations there werent very hard but they were fun and I was really shocked to find that a Pirate game where the ultimate goal to the game is exploration and becoming rich :D. I dont know it bothered me. Thank god that the assassin contracts were fun and more engaging than AC3.
So what do you guys think did those two things bother you?
Do you think they should have included Tombs ?
And do you think that they focused too heavily on the pirate gameplay that they forgot to make us feel like Assassins ?

EVA Spartan 317
12-31-2013, 10:23 AM
The first thing was the lack of Assassin Brotherhood in the game! When I think back at the story I see it as a pirate game instead of an AC one!
The second thing, which was mentioned in other threads , is that the most of the outfits didnt have the assassin hood!

Yes, they should have included the Tombs! Those were my favorite missions in AC II, AC B, AC R!

I thinks they will make a standalone pirate franchise and this was the beginning!
I can only hope that the next AC game will still have the Assassin feeling!

Anyway, AC IV is an awesome game, at least gameplaywise!

Cheers- EVA Spartan 317

imdreamin
12-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Yeah i agree completely i am a huge stickler for the Hoods and the White outfit. For me as i imagine for other people the hood has become iconic for the franchise. But yeah the Assassin feel was not that big in AC4 but the pirate feel was amazing. The game is awesome either way they just need to remember that this is Assassins Creed :D. Hoods and involvement of the Assassin Brotherhood is kinda required :D

oliacr
12-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Brotherhood and Tombs, the 2 missed things I really liked in AC2-ACR

MnemonicSyntax
12-31-2013, 02:54 PM
The purpose of 4 was to learn about the benefits of the Creed and Edward's story.

I'm not sure where people are saying "the lack of a Brotherhood" when we have 3 Bureaus, 4 informant Assassins, and an island of the Brotherhood at Tulum.

Also, people discuss lack of being an Assassin, yet... Ezio didn't become an Assassin until toward the end of 2.

Assassin's Creed doesn't have to be just about Assassins and Templars, in this case, it stayed true to the whole name of the game Assassin's Creed. As it focused on the Creed itself more.

silvermercy
12-31-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure where people are saying "the lack of a Brotherhood" when we have 3 Bureaus, 4 informant Assassins, and an island of the Brotherhood at Tulum.
Indeed. It's very obvious actually.
But it seems it's the usual case of AC2 nostalgia. Again... (which unfortunately doesn't let people go beyond Ezio's trilogy). I predict we will see it again in AC5, AC6, AC7 and so on... (hopefully less and less each time)

killzab
12-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Indeed. It's very obvious actually.
But it seems it's the usual case of AC2 nostalgia. Again... (which unfortunately doesn't let people go beyond Ezio's trilogy). I predict we will see it again in AC5, AC6, AC7 and so on... (hopefully less and less each time)

Well, there IS a lack of assasins in the main story after Tulum until the prison sequence ...

imdreamin
12-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Guys 1st of all YES technically we had an island and all the other stuff but did it FEEL like it...... NO. I mean i am not trying to force my opinion upon anyone i am just saying how i felt. 2nd unlike other people i did enjoy Ezio but i did enjoy Connor just as well. I am nostalgic about AC1,2 and etc but that does not make me subjective.
You can keep calling people who think that they forced the game too much on the pirate aspect NOSTALGIC or you accept the fact that the Brotherhood was downplayed. I think they appear in like 3 Scenes the entire game..

imdreamin
12-31-2013, 09:57 PM
One more thing Ezio became an Assassin in the end of the game but Mario Auditore did train him to be an assassin after they escaped Florence but you are right he officially became an Assassin in the end of the game.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-31-2013, 10:04 PM
Maybe you missed that giant island filled with nothing but assassins..

Megas_Doux
01-01-2014, 03:04 AM
Huge platforming levels!!!!! So many wasted opportunities such as Mayan Ruins, precolumbian caves, abandoned mines, TWCB related for instance :( .
Edward "Ned" Low!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consus_E
01-01-2014, 04:45 AM
-Exploring Edward's Alcoholism
-Short Blade
-Tombs
-Apprentices, I feel like I'm in the minority here but I enjoyed recruiting and training assassins in AC:B-AC3 it was a nice side activity, I wish the pirates had been more interesting and could level up, rather than being lemmings.
-AC3 style hunting, I really liked how AC3 required the player to perform a clean kill instead of just shooting the animal...

roostersrule2
01-01-2014, 05:09 AM
Huge platforming levels!!!!! So many wasted opportunities such as Mayan Ruins, precolumbian caves, abandoned mines, TWCB related for instance :( .This!! Tombs are one of my favoruite parts of AC and they've been gone for 2 games now, well they were in AC4 if you count that crappy one in Tulum but I don't.

I think people overreact when other people say AC4 lacked the Assassin feel and I don't get how AC2 is blamed for it? Doesn't matter how many bureaus or islands filled with Assassins you have, AC4 felt more like a pirate game then an Assassins Creed one, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that nor does it make it less of an AC game it's just the truth. No need to get all angry and ****.

mikeyf1999
01-01-2014, 05:21 AM
C'mon people we should know this it's feels like a pirate game because you are not working with assassins (modern day) think about it would the Templars care whether Edward was an assassin or not no it was all about finding the observatory that is why it feels like a pirate game ( in my opinion) it not Desmond who explored assassins to train get out of a coma and prevent the end

Megas_Doux
01-01-2014, 05:28 AM
This!! Tombs are one of my favoruite parts of AC and they've been gone for 2 games now, well they were in AC4 if you count that crappy one in Tulum but I don't.

Yeah!

Mostly after artwork like this:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130930203356/assassinscreed/images/d/da/AC4-Mayan_Temple.jpg

http://www.assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/ac4bf/gallery/art/ac4_77.jpg

Such HIGH hopes.......

Why not a side quest in with Edward goes after "sages" treasures scattered in the west indies??????
The caribbean and its surroundings are FULL of Mayan Ruins, pre columbian non mayan caves, mines, etc etc etc.........

roostersrule2
01-01-2014, 05:33 AM
Yeah!

Such HIGH hopes.......

Why not a side quest in with Edward goes after "sages" treasures scattered in the west indies??????
The caribbean and its surroundings are FULL of Mayan Ruins, pre columbian non mayan caves, mines, etc etc etc.........Indeed, who cares about matching up rocks with some light thing to find Mayan Stones, why not instead of having to do 30-40 of those make 5 or 6 platforming missions to find them? It's so much more enjoyable.

M0nsterSkillz
01-01-2014, 05:43 AM
Wait so you don't even get to see the observatory ? Im currently on seq 8 so will be finishing soon but was hoping for a mission sometime soon where you get too see it, such a shame if not, would really make the story go downhill from here.

M0nsterSkillz
01-01-2014, 05:45 AM
Yeah!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130930203356/assassinscreed/images/d/da/AC4-Mayan_Temple.jpg

http://www.assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/ac4bf/gallery/art/ac4_77.jpg

Such HIGH hopes.......

The caribbean and its surroundings are FULL of Mayan Ruins, pre columbian non mayan caves, mines, etc etc etc.........

Lets hope ubisoft bring a dlc out like this. Would be pretty awesome.

mikeyf1999
01-01-2014, 06:14 AM
Don't be crazy of course you see it but I won't spoil much