PDA

View Full Version : [OMG] They always find a way to make it easier..

AdamPearce
12-31-2013, 04:09 AM
Is it just me or each AC game is easier than the previous one. o_O

Assassin's Creed

Hard combat system based on skill.
No indication whatsoever in combat.
Tight infiltration (assassinating Templars missions by end of the game).
Life goes down pretty quickly.
Climbing is a long process.
No buildings on mini-map.
Mature setting and story.

Assassin's Creed II

Easier combat system based on parade, but still you could use the dodge to be more dynamic.
Indication on the life of the enemies & when they attack.
No more automatic desynch when spotted.
Medecine that makes invincible + you can't die (srsly I tried and the time your life backs up is the time for an enemy to attack...).
Climbing is pretty quick.
Add of a long jump so it's even quicker.
Buildings and much clearer indication on the minimap.
Brainless story (except for 16) and colourfull and joyfull setting.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Even more easier combat with the addition of Killstreaks.
Infiltration is reduce to using the crossbow.
Poison can now be shot from a distance.
The gun is much much much quicker too shoot and reload
Addition of the Brotherhodd and therefor of the arrow storm to insta kill anyone
Now the markers shows up in the game too, not only on the mini-map.
Even more brainless story (except for 16) and same setting (even thou it's clearly mentionned in the book that the city is discusting and very dangerous at that time...).

Assassin's Creed Revelations (exception)

Combat system enhanced with the addition of the Janissaries
Gunners now hide so they are very strong
Same with bombers
Climbing is even more easy with the addition of the hookblade
Bombs..
Infiltration is easier since you don't need to search corpses to loot what's on them
Mission structure is much more linear than before
No actual introduction (off topic but always bugs me)
Story is now 100% brainless with Ezio saying BS and Clay losing all type of mystery.

Assassin's Creed III

Easier enhanced combat system.
Clear signal when enemies attacks.
Double counter allows you to insta kill 2 enemies whit pressing only one button.
Gunners are now clearly point out to you.
Free running is simplified to one button.
You don't need to push people anymore, it's automatic.
Climbing is reduced to pushing the joystick.
Infiltration is now reduced to a linear path.
No need to upgrade the character anymore, you begin full life and with the best weapon.
Missions structure is even more linear than before.
Story finally back on track...but still 100% brainless with Desmond.

Black Flag

Stealth requires you to move from a bush to another
Less enemy achetype (no more Captains)
Pop-up indication on what button to press againts achetypes.
Pop-up indication for gunners.
Pop-up indication when spotted.
Pop-up indication on targets.
targets are indicated: in the mini-map, on the screen and with a word of their heads (tail)
20 sec timer to find our target
Eagle vision sees trought walls...(but is actually too cheap to retrieve to horrible colours when not behind a wall).
No more notoriety on land
Four guns to insta-kill four enemies.
Viewpoints shows to you every single thing on the map
Linear tree-run
Blowpipe with 35m range
Life of the ships is now indicated
Huge green halo on the boat you can aboard
Emotive but brainless pirate story.

It looks like they pass more time on how to make the game easier than how to improve them..?

MnemonicSyntax
12-31-2013, 04:10 AM

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Can you explain?

Fatal-Feit
12-31-2013, 04:17 AM
AC:R was harder than AC:B and AC:III was harder than the entire Ezio Trilogy. If the games appear to have gotten easier, that's because you're efficiently becoming a better assassin.

ProletariatPleb
12-31-2013, 04:19 AM

No markers on top of enemies indicating when they will attack

Is it just me or each AC game is easier than the previous one. o_O
It's not just you, it's automatic creed for the most part now.

AdamPearce
12-31-2013, 04:20 AM

Simple, you have no life meter, no signal, nothing. basically you have no idea who will attack and what type of attack it will be. and if you have to fight like 4 Captain 9which requires 2 hit to be killed) you don't have any indication one wich one is hit or which one is full life. Basically it's like playing without the SSI. But it's harder since AC combat were much more diverse and complicated.

AdamPearce
12-31-2013, 04:23 AM
It's not just you, it's automatic creed for the most part now.

Automatic Creed... touchy, I love it.

pirate1802
12-31-2013, 04:37 AM
Lol, so much of that list it is subjective..

MnemonicSyntax
12-31-2013, 04:41 AM
Simple, you have no life meter, no signal, nothing. basically you have no idea who will attack and what type of attack it will be. and if you have to fight like 4 Captain 9which requires 2 hit to be killed) you don't have any indication one wich one is hit or which one is full life. Basically it's like playing without the SSI. But it's harder since AC combat were much more diverse and complicated.

The little triangle at the top flashes when they're about to attack.

Kagurra
12-31-2013, 04:51 AM
To be fair, the 4 guns and 4 one shots thing only applies if you use the golden pistols. The rest of them don't one shot anything but scouts and basic guards.

But I agree. AC is just a joyride now. It's still fun, and I love it, but at the same time it's just not challenging and you really don't have to think. Even free-run paths are laid out for you if you're not oblivious.

I miss AC1 days, just like I miss Dead Space 1 days :C

ProletariatPleb
12-31-2013, 04:54 AM
Wut

I miss AC1 days, just like I miss Dead Space 1 days :C
When Dead Space was actually...SPOOKY. Well there was 1 great addition in DS2, Isaac swearing when stomping repeatedly. :p

Kagurra
12-31-2013, 05:04 AM
Wut

When Dead Space was actually...SPOOKY. Well there was 1 great addition in DS2, Isaac swearing when stomping repeatedly. :p

Dead Space was one of my favorite games of all time. And it was actually scary. Maybe it was exaggerated because I was younger and it was a fresh new idea, but still. Dead Space 2 was still scary (not as much), and an amazing game. But there was something special about the Ishimura.

I'm honestly hoping they eventually make an HD version of it for next-gen just like they made RE4 HD for 360 and ps3. (I think ps3 at least...)

AdamPearce
12-31-2013, 05:22 AM

hmm...maybe. But the indication is only on the locked target and is so subtle that you don't even see it.

ProletariatPleb
12-31-2013, 07:12 AM
Dead Space was one of my favorite games of all time. And it was actually scary. Maybe it was exaggerated because I was younger and it was a fresh new idea, but still. Dead Space 2 was still scary (not as much), and an amazing game. But there was something special about the Ishimura.

I'm honestly hoping they eventually make an HD version of it for next-gen just like they made RE4 HD for 360 and ps3. (I think ps3 at least...)
DS1 and 2 are amazing. King Kong, Metro and Dead Space have some of the best hudless UI I can think of. The very fact that you everything you need to know can be seen without a HuD is amazing.

hmm...maybe. But the indication is only on the locked target and is so subtle that you don't even see it.
I haven't noticed any blinking triangles yet in AC1, and like you said yourself, it's useless since it will only show up on the person we're locked onto.(and too small to even notice)

Kagurra
12-31-2013, 07:24 AM
DS1 and 2 are amazing. King Kong, Metro and Dead Space have some of the best hudless UI I can think of. The very fact that you everything you need to know can be seen without a HuD is amazing.

Agreed. Never played Metro, but I think I did play King Kong lol.

Injuring
12-31-2013, 03:51 PM
I like the games (Except Connor) the way they are, if there are any devs reading these types of posts, PLEASE include a Hardmore/Hardcore mode for people like this and leave it the way it is for people who have no issues with the original game systems.

dxsxhxcx
12-31-2013, 04:21 PM
if I'm not wrong AC1 had a health indicator, it just didn't appear all the time...

I'm OK with the changes made in parkour until AC2, what was done after that IMO wasn't necessary, with the only exception I can remember being the automatic vault move Connor does over some objects (that animation is pretty cool)...

the story had its up and downs but IMO it got worse over time..

combat became a JOKE...

see through walls after we (automatically) tag our enemies using eagle vision is probably the worst decision (gameplay wise) already made on this franchise after Den Defense...

Shahkulu101
12-31-2013, 04:25 PM
I liked Den Defense.

Ravage me all!

dxsxhxcx
12-31-2013, 04:32 PM
I liked Den Defense.

Ravage me all!

there's nothing wrong with placing our "troops" in strategic places, the main problem is that Ezio just stand there shooting when the battle begins, if only we were put in the middle of the action after place our Assassins and defenses, the experience IMO would've been much better...

Amristar
12-31-2013, 05:06 PM
AC1's combat system should definitely come back IMO, it was definitely much harder to kill someone compared to the current AC games. Its the story that keeps me from coming back, take that out and you'll have a game that got 'dumbed'.

funnyman44
12-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Implying Assassin's Creed is a stealth based series.

-There are plenty of archetypes.
-Pop ups are fine considering the focus on combat
-Tailing is fine (considering how boring, long, and frequent they are in AC4)
-Eagle vision is fine
-View points are fine.
-Moe combat = pistols are fine
-I'm not even going to debate "linear tree run"
-seems fine considering the game doesn't show you the physical "health" of the ship (eg. a hole blown in the side)
-I found the story to be fine. This is subjective and therefore, omitted.

MnemonicSyntax
12-31-2013, 05:57 PM
AC1's combat system should definitely come back IMO, it was definitely much harder to kill someone compared to the current AC games. Its the story that keeps me from coming back, take that out and you'll have a game that got 'dumbed'.

It wasn't harder, just had to know the pattern. You can counter kill all day long, even higher level enemies with one kill. In 4, you can't even counter kill the higher level enemies.

I will admit, the newer combat is too easy to read, while 1's was random with it's Soldiers.

Something needs to be done, but I couldn't tell you what exactly, because I like leaving piles of bodies on the floor too.