PDA

View Full Version : I can't even download the game

jorgex1025
12-31-2013, 02:04 AM
I've got the AC4 in digital download, i've try to download the game, i select the language and that, and a message appears saying i don't have enough space in disk, i've change the folder of download and instalation and the message keeps showing up, i don't know what else to do, help me please
My PC specs
Intel Core i5 2400
Nvidia Geforce Gtx 760 4Gb
8Gb RAM
Hdd: 500Gb

strigoi1958
12-31-2013, 02:22 AM
is it partitioned ? is it full ? my c: drive is only 120gb and I have to constantly check space (I do have 7 TB in other drives)

jorgex1025
12-31-2013, 02:48 AM
It's partitioned, on two C: and E:, the C: is full, but E: has 200Gb free, i've forgot to say, i am downloading the game from Uplay, also Splinter Cell:Black list, and the problem only appears with AC4

Den_Kov
12-31-2013, 12:47 PM
как вариант можно выбрать другой диск ( у меня Д) . изменяешь с диска С на Д создаётся папка AC4 и автоматически туда качается . только у меня проблема что multiplayer работает а singleplater нет

YazX_
12-31-2013, 03:23 PM
Exit UPlay and open this file

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher\settings.yml (use notepad to open it)

find these two lines and make sure the path is correct:

game_installation_path: "[PATH]" <--- this is where AC4 will get downloaded, there is no installer for it, just files like steam.
installer_cache_path: "[PATH]" <--- this is for games that use installer like SplinterCell:Black List will be downloaded here, then installed on the path above

save and exit file, launch UPlay and cancel the current download and delete all downloaded files if any, then try to download the game again.

jorgex1025
12-31-2013, 05:45 PM
I've already check that, and it's on the same folder i've choose to, also, i can't cancel the download, or delete the games already downloaded, i live in Bolivia, and we have a REALLY slow internet(1mb or less), and i still on process to download splinter cell, i can't restart the download, if there is any other solution, please tell me
P.d. Sorry for my bad English, my mother language is the Spanish

YazX_
01-01-2014, 11:10 PM
I've already check that, and it's on the same folder i've choose to, also, i can't cancel the download, or delete the games already downloaded, i live in Bolivia, and we have a REALLY slow internet(1mb or less), and i still on process to download splinter cell, i can't restart the download, if there is any other solution, please tell me
P.d. Sorry for my bad English, my mother language is the Spanish

UPlay will not move the files if you have downloads in progress, the changes will take affect on the next download.

your post is now misleading as you were complaining about AC4 not downloading, but now you are saying you have splinter cell download in progress, so im trying to understand what you've done as it is not clear.

i guess you started the download for splinter cell, then tried to start the download for AC4 at the same time, but AC4 is not downloading because of disk space, now splinter cell download is almost done and you cant cancel it, if my guess is correct, then complete your splinter cell download and after it is done, cancel AC4 download and start a new one and it should go to the new folder you set in UPlay.

strigoi1958
01-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Frag will steam mover move uplay folders ? that is always an option if it works. (once splinter cell is downloaded)

jorgex1025
01-02-2014, 02:55 AM
I think you don't understand me, i have no problems with disk space, i have 200 free Gb, on the folder i've choose(E:), but uplay tells me i had no free disk space and don't let me download the game, i'm not sure if you understood me, i'm sorry, but i can't explain it better.
Thanks for your time

strigoi1958
01-02-2014, 04:04 AM
then for some reason it must be trying to either download to c: or it might use a part of c: to download before sending to E: Is there anything you can delete from c: or anything you can move from c: to E; to make more space on C: ?

strigoi1958
01-02-2014, 04:09 AM
как вариант можно выбрать другой диск ( у меня Д) . изменяешь с диска С на Д создаётся папка AC4 и автоматически туда качается . только у меня проблема что multiplayer работает а singleplater нет

He said he is already trying to download it to E: but maybe he needs to delete some things first to see if that help. As for your problem, I believe some others are also only able to play multiplayer but not single player. There must be another thread with a solution on this site :D

strigoi1958
01-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Deonis05081981 this link may help you. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818432-A-FIX-For-the-AC4BFSP-exe-stopped-working-black-screen-at-start-!!!!

jorgex1025
01-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Deleting files from C: didn't work either, i don't know what else do. Should i try uninstalling uplay?

YazX_
01-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Deleting files from C: didn't work either, i don't know what else do. Should i try uninstalling uplay?

when you start download any game, UPlay creates a folder called "uplay_download\[GAME_ID]" (game ID for AC4 is 273) inside the download location you chose, find that folder on C drive (or any drive) and delete it (send it to recycle bin just in case), this will wipe out all downloaded files along with download state file and you will be able to re-download the game again in the new location you set.

just to be sure i understand your issue, post a screenshot of your problem.

strigoi1958
01-03-2014, 12:53 AM
I would personally move the uplay folder to E: in a temporary folder then uninstall uplay, re-install it in E: then move the folders from the temporary folder into the uplay folder in E: and hopefully when you start downloading again it will skip the part you have already downloaded.

jorgex1025
01-03-2014, 01:14 AM
The problem with that solution you tell me is i can't even start downloading the game, there is no such folder you are talking about, i will post the screenshots for you can see what i am talking about.
(All of them are in Spanish, because that is my mother language, if you can't understand them, please ask me)
Choosing the language
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rspypbtkl8kmrxu/Captura.PNG
The problems shows up
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhe6svxkhjd1hxc/Captura1.PNG
And the options of installing(Both of them are in E:, on that disk i have 106 free Gb, so there is no problem with disk space, i guess)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iip0h88wdayeu96/Captura2.PNG

strigoi1958
01-03-2014, 03:05 AM
If you have uplay on your C: drive I would move it to E: I had uplay on my SSD drive and rather than uninstall it and re-install it .... I used steam mover to move my folders and it makes your pc think they're still in c:

Espero que esto ayude a :D

http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover

or if you have no uplay games downloaded. Just uninstall uplay and re-install it on E:

jorgex1025
01-04-2014, 11:00 PM
I've just re-install uplay, and the same problem, i'm out of options. It's possible to install the game from somewhere else and then make uplay thinks that i've just download it from uplay?. If it is possible, explain me how, please

YazX_
01-04-2014, 11:14 PM
I've just re-install uplay, and the same problem, i'm out of options. It's possible to install the game from somewhere else and then make uplay thinks that i've just download it from uplay?. If it is possible, explain me how, please

have you tried to change UPlay language or game language to english? because honestly there is nothing wrong with settings and files, the only difference i could see here is your UPlay/Game is in spanish which should be irrelevant but to just remove the possibility of UPlay/Game language from the equation.

yes it is possible to download the game from other source and make UPlay recognize it, here is the thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810550-Transfer-Assassin-s-Creed-4-game-files-onto-another-PC

strigoi1958
01-05-2014, 12:37 AM
did you re-install uplay to C: or E: ? if C: you should re-install it to E: I did download 1 game (possibly AC2) and it downloaded it to my C: drive and then installed to my E: uplay folder
or perhaps if you C: drive is full it has no scratch disk space to temporarily use. I do not know what else to suggest :(

Den_Kov
01-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Спасибо за ссылку но не работает

jorgex1025
01-05-2014, 05:20 PM
I've already try to change to other languages, but the same, by the way, if i download the game from somewhere else, i need to have at least a little bit of the game download it, Right?, the problem is i can't download even a single bit, but, i will try that other solution you are telling me, thanks for all

strigoi1958
01-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Deonis ссылка говорит ... http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818432-A-FIX-For-the-AC4BFSP-exe-stopped-working-black-screen-at-start-

1. К Ubisoft Game Launcher> Игры> кредо 4 черный флаг Убийцы

2. Тип в поле поиска на левом верхнем углу'' DataPC_Patch.forge''

3. Вы увидите 2 файла Удалите 14Mb один и сохранить файл 9MB. (Если размеры отличаются Убедитесь файлы и попробуйте еще раз)

4. Начало игры.

Снова ... Извините за мой бедный русский

Jorgex if it is possible to download it from somewhere else legally then I do not think you need any of it on your pc. I hope it all works for you soon.