PDA

View Full Version : How Community Challenges SHOULD be done

Torvaldesq
12-31-2013, 12:07 AM
The handling of community challenges has been abysmal by Ubisoft. Here is a simple guideline that would have made them far better for their players, and really is STILL what they should do in the future: The community should not be able to fail the challenge.

The community challenge should have been: The community must loot X number of warehouses or plunder X number of ships. No time limitation. The personal challenge would thus simply be to meet the individual requirement (i.e. like looting 10 warehouses) before the community reaches completion themselves.

If you miss the challenge, you will wait to do it again next time, but when it DOES come up you can be assured that the effort you put in will be rewarded. If there's a major lack of participation, then Ubisoft lowers the final number required so that it does eventually complete. The current system of allowing for failure for the whole community despite individuals meeting their quota? Bad system. It demoralizes participation and makes people who did the work go, "Oh, I guess it's a waste of time, not going to bother with these anymore."

ziggurcat
12-31-2013, 12:53 AM
How do you get one of these community challenges? I've not come across any during my entire playthrough (and the hours I've spent trying to get 100% sync afterwards).

MnemonicSyntax
12-31-2013, 01:01 AM
Ziggurcat, Community Challenges aren't the same as Social Events. You're talking about Social Events.

Community Challenges are were Ubi gives us a task as a community to do something (raid warehouses, plunder ships, etc) and have to contribute a bare minimum ourselves, AND reach the goal of the total as well for the entire community, generally a very large and ridiculous number. If it's met, you get an item that's locked currently in your Inventory, like the El Impulito (sp?) items, pistols, and most importantly, the Explorers outfit.

As for the topic, I absolutely agree. Remove the timer, let people do it at their leisure and then do another one after the first event is over. Doesn't have to start right away, but a few days later would be cool. Great idea Torval.

ACIDIC SWORDS
12-31-2013, 03:15 AM
I agree looting 900000000000000000000000000000000000 warehouses in 3 dAys is stupid

ziggurcat
12-31-2013, 03:23 AM
Ziggurcat, Community Challenges aren't the same as Social Events.

Oh, I know, but how does the game know you're working on a community challenge? There has to be some sort of in-game signifier/trigger, no?

MnemonicSyntax
12-31-2013, 03:37 AM
You *should* get a notification when you start a game during Community Challenges. Also, in the pause menu on the right side, Under "Initiates" it'll have the objective, the goal count percentage and your own requirement to reach as well as what you've accomplished.

ziggurcat
12-31-2013, 04:55 AM
You *should* get a notification when you start a game during Community Challenges. Also, in the pause menu on the right side, Under "Initiates" it'll have the objective, the goal count percentage and your own requirement to reach as well as what you've accomplished.

In the entire time I've been playing the game, I have not seen a single notification like that, and all I have ever seen in the "initiates" side of the pause menu has been "press X to" this "press Y to" that or "crafting of X item is available".

MnemonicSyntax
12-31-2013, 04:58 AM

This might be something worth reporting to Support then. :/

ziggurcat
12-31-2013, 05:15 AM

This might be something worth reporting to Support then. :/

... and I've put in 66 hours (according to my UPlay account)...

Black_Widow9
12-31-2013, 05:36 AM
Please use one of these Topics:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/820787-How-Community-Challenges-SHOULD-be-done
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/819117-Community-Challenge

Thanks