PDA

View Full Version : Lost saved games / account not syncing?

SiriusBeta
12-30-2013, 10:42 PM
I just started playing AC IV the other day. Played as far as memory 4 and synchronized all the viewports in Havana amongs other sub-quests. When I loaded the game today, I had reverted back to half way to memory 2 and most of Havana appeared fogged up, with only a couple of viewports synchronized.
Dont know if it is related, but it takes ages to conect to the Ubi servers. It is not a problem with my net connection, which is working perfectly.
Any idea of why it might have happened or how to avoid it from happening again? I hate having to play the same parts of a game twice... :(:(
thanks to y'all.

l3ladenine
12-30-2013, 10:57 PM
I clean install windows.lost save they tell me.

"When you have uninstalled the game from a PC and all files that are linked to the game you lose everything, there is nothing that we can do regarding this for which we apologise."

SiriusBeta
12-30-2013, 11:47 PM
I havent uninstalled anything... game is a brand new clean install

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 11:52 PM
Yes, many people lost their saves on the Cloud. There's nothing that can be done, except do not sync the game to the Uplay Cloud and save it locally instead.

SiriusBeta
12-31-2013, 07:47 AM
What a pain! Thanks though....

Capt_JackSparo
02-19-2014, 01:31 AM
Just like so many others, it happened to me. I am not using any 3rd party software or mods. Strictly vanilla AC4. UPlay Made me update and then 115 hours of gameplay GONE!!
f U Ubi.
Searched all day for a fix... then i found this on a Far Cry 3 forum and it worked for me.

I was able to restore save game from 1 week ago by using window's backup. If you have windows 7 or 8 and you have windows backup enabled you can try the following:

1) Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft
2) right click the Ubisoft Game Launcher folder and choose properties
3) Click Previous Version
4) Hopefully there is a pervious version backed up. if so you can copy out the savegames folder to the desktop and put them back in the ubisoft savegame folder.

I hope this helps someone.