PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain how the royal convoys/white whales spawn?

ziggurcat
12-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Had a few of each spawn about half way through my playthrough, but since then, and after countless hours of sailing around the ocean after completing the game, nothing has spawned (always connected online).

Is it dependant on whether your friends have discovered these things or is it based off of the community as a whole? I mean, I've read other people having these things consistently spawn, but I can't seem to get anything to appear.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 09:07 PM
The system is currently "busted" and has been for some weeks. If they're talking about them spawning consistently, it was around AC4's launch.

ziggurcat
12-30-2013, 09:21 PM
The system is currently "busted" and has been for some weeks. If they're talking about them spawning consistently, it was around AC4's launch.

Thanks!

The whole thing was beginning to drive me nuts.

I_Came_From_Xbox
12-30-2013, 10:20 PM

Apparently it isn't busted, they want it to be nearly impossible to do. I opened a ticket to ubi support and this is what they said about it:

"Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support.

The Social Event icons (Royal Convoys, White Whales and Community Chests) are all spawning correctly. The development team felt that they were too easy when the game first released. As a result, they dropped the spawn rate, decreased the amount of time they last and made them more difficult to locate. As such, many players are having trouble finding them.

The development team is currently looking into changing the spawn rate again to make it a little easier, but for now it remains extremely difficult. However, it is possible to find them. "

I hop the devs soon learn the difference between difficult to find and nearly impossible and fix this.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Others are reporting different messages.

I haven't had one for almost a month now.

The fact you suggested it needs to be "fixed" proves it's "busted."

Regardless, it's not working and people are pissed.

ziggurcat
12-31-2013, 12:07 AM
As such, many players are having trouble finding them.

The problem with this part of their response is that you don't actually "find" them, they spawn. randomly. anywhere on the map. i've sailed all over them map, and have yet to find an actual location where these things exist in the world.

the frustrating part for me is that i need a white whale to hopefully un-glitch the haprooned sea creatures abstergo challenge (which has me at 5/6 even though i've haprooned 2 white whales already, and every other possible sea creature), and complete the share 3 locations challenge. the other frustrating thing: i think i need one more royal convoy to unlock the aquila figurehead, but it says i've shared 3 royal convoy locations. i know i've looted any of the royal convoys i've come across... unless i didn't "plunder" one correctly??

leprekon80
12-31-2013, 02:09 AM
Apparently it isn't busted, they want it to be nearly impossible to do. I opened a ticket to ubi support and this is what they said about it:

The Social Event icons (Royal Convoys, White Whales and Community Chests) are all spawning correctly. The development team felt that they were too easy when the game first released. As a result, they dropped the spawn rate, decreased the amount of time they last and made them more difficult to locate. As such, many players are having trouble finding them.

The development team is currently looking into changing the spawn rate again to make it a little easier, but for now it remains extremely difficult. However, it is possible to find them. "

I hop the devs soon learn the difference between difficult to find and nearly impossible and fix this.
I'm getting the same response. I like how some people can find them where they are spotted and most people can't get on that server to see them.

ziggurcat
12-31-2013, 03:07 AM
@ leprekon666: is there a thread that has exact locations for royal convoys/white whales?

And just for further clarification: the "royal" convoys are the blue ones, not the white convoys, right?

MnemonicSyntax
12-31-2013, 03:38 AM
Yes, the blue ones. Naval are the white ones.

NightCrawler-72
12-31-2013, 11:13 AM

I'm sorry but that response is just pathetic on their part. So it was too easy to find these social events before so they dropped the spawn rate ?? What the hell, seriously ? I have already done this on PS3 and it took me weeks of searching before I eventually found them. When I say that - I mean literally playing all day, every day during that time, couldn't find a single one.

How they can turn around and do this instead of increasing the spawn rate is beyond me. I have better things to do with my time than sail around the entire bloody map searching for something that may never appear. At this rate - I will never find anything.

IMO they shouldn't put stupid achievements like this in the game to begin with !! I have the PS4 version BTW and haven't seen a single event spawn.

Nice one Ubi, I think I might pass on future AC games if this is the kind of thing we have to look forward to.

StealthyMerc.
12-31-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry but that response is just pathetic on their part. So it was too easy to find these social events before so they dropped the spawn rate ?? What the hell, seriously ? I have already done this on PS3 and it took me weeks of searching before I eventually found them. When I say that - I mean literally playing all day, every day during that time, couldn't find a single one.

How they can turn around and do this instead of increasing the spawn rate is beyond me. I have better things to do with my time than sail around the entire bloody map searching for something that may never appear. At this rate - I will never find anything.

IMO they shouldn't put stupid achievements like this in the game to begin with !! I have the PS4 version BTW and haven't seen a single event spawn.

Nice one Ubi, I think I might pass on future AC games if this is the kind of thing we have to look forward to.

There so ****ing ******ed. I've never seen a stupid developer like this before. How can you do something like this? This is madness! My friend played the game not knowing what the hell social events are and he got them. He's not a trophy hunter let alone doesn't give a **** about AC games. He just plays a game and shelfs it after he gets bored and starts a new one. I've played the game for more than 50 hours now, I did everything, GOT EVERY TROPHY EVERY THING 100 PERCENT!

ALL I NEED IS SHARING IS CARING! Why would they make you sail a whole map for no damn reason to find NOTHING! Decrease the spawn rate for a BRONZE trophy? Seriously? Why isn't this a platinum itself then? WTF is wrong with you Ubisoft? ANSWER THIS QUESTION? DO YOU GUYS GO FULL ****** AT THE OFFICES WHEN CREATING ACHIEVEMENTS/TROPHIES?

DUH DUH WE ARE UBISOFT WE ARE DUMB GOT THE BRAIN DAMAGE DUH DUH

MaliceGhost
01-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Worse part is that it's required to get 100%.

luv10man
01-02-2014, 10:49 PM
54:03 gameplay time and 452 nmi traveled and only 1 each of the royal convoys, white whales, and community chests. What is up with that??? I am at 77% total sync and have seen nothing in over a week. I have completed this game on 360 at complete 100% with little to no issues, WHY is this screwed up? How can I get full sync and all achievements on XB One like this?????? Dammit Ubisoft get it together! Makes me pissed off as hell I spent money AGAIN on this game...which is another issue...GameStop wouldn't give me the 9.99 upgrade on the game because I didn't have a receipt!

StealthyMerc.
01-03-2014, 12:01 AM
I've HAD THE GAME FROM DAY 1 OF THE PS4 LAUNCH!! I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING ELSE !!!! ONLY HAVE 1 WHALE. I NEED 1 CHEST AND 1 ROYAL CONVOY!! IT WILL NOT SHOW UP NO MATTER WHAT!!! **** IM SO PISSED OFF I WANT TO PLATINUM THIS DAMN GAME! AC3 LIBERATION COMES OUT IN LIKE A WEEK!