PDA

View Full Version : So, is there no way to be notorious in this game?

UncappedWheel82
12-30-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm loving AC4 at the moment, the only thing I want though is a toggle so that I to be completely notorious at all times, and have all the guards want me dead on sight. It may sound strange, but I want a reason to have to hide and kill from the shadow, and it not just be in certain areas.

I remember back in AC2 when they had the "notorious" cape, is there nothing like that in this game?

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I liked the guards in AC3, and the notoriety system in that game. I'm sort of saddened that they've changed this. (Keep in mind that I'm less than halfway through this main campaign.)

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 05:55 PM
No, there isn't a notoriety system for Edward at all, just his ship.

funnyman44
12-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Way too many guards for that to work.

Fatal-Feit
12-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Wanted a bounty system, honestly. Going from islands to islands, a notoriety system wouldn't work so well. But a bounty system that requires Edward to hide from his preys both on land and sea would of been much more thrilling.
'
Think about it. Imagine exploring an island and suddenly a pirate hunter ship comes and drops anchor with men looking for you. Or when you're in a city or a fishermen village, there could be pirates or mercenaries detecting you. That would of been a cool way to drop the old notoriety system for something fresh and promising.

adventurewomen
12-30-2013, 07:35 PM
In AC4 I missed the Notoriety system, it was fun in previous games. :(

UncappedWheel82
12-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Wanted a bounty system, honestly. Going from islands to islands, a notoriety system wouldn't work so well. But a bounty system that requires Edward to hide from his preys both on land and sea would of been much more thrilling.
'
Think about it. Imagine exploring an island and suddenly a pirate hunter ship comes and drops anchor with men looking for you. Or when you're in a city or a fishermen village, there could be pirates or mercenaries detecting you. That would of been a cool way to drop the old notoriety system for something fresh and promising.

A land based bounty system would be great. I do really like the ship based wanted level though. Just yesterday I had it up to level 4 before I made the stupid decision to stand my ground.

In the end, I really just don't want the missions to end. I'm starting to think that the Assassin Contracts don't go on forever, that they are finite like in AC3; I hated that. I yearn for the days of AC2 where their was always something to do in SP...indefinitely.

oliacr
12-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Notoriety system is on sea only.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 11:50 PM
A land based bounty system would be great. I do really like the ship based wanted level though. Just yesterday I had it up to level 4 before I made the stupid decision to stand my ground.

In the end, I really just don't want the missions to end. I'm starting to think that the Assassin Contracts don't go on forever, that they are finite like in AC3; I hated that. I yearn for the days of AC2 where their was always something to do in SP...indefinitely.

Assassin Contracts eventually stopped in AC2 as well. There were just a bunch more of them.

And I feel like there's more to do in SP once AC4 is finished over AC2, especially with naval.

Kagurra
12-30-2013, 11:57 PM
The notoriety system was GARBAGE in AC3. Worked okay in other games, but was soooo bad in AC3. It had little to do with guards spotting you faster, but instead just infinitely spawned groups of Jagers around the corner. While you were in a fight with one of them, more would spawn and run in. That's freaking boring and stupid. Glad they got rid of that POS.

I seriously hope they rework it for the next main game, as it's going to be on land. Maybe giant cities, maybe open country, probably both. And if that's the case you need some form of it.

DinoSteve1
12-31-2013, 12:02 AM
Notoriety system in ACIV wouldn't work as you can just kill everything that moves and walk away, in one of the sequences near the end though when you go kill Torres in Havana, the city is on the lookout for you.

IWGCJoeCool
12-31-2013, 02:59 AM
AC1 had the whole city on high alert after a main kill, including the loud bells...dunno bout the rest of you, but the noise helped to heighten the whole experience...tell me you didnt run a little more willy nilly, and sometimes forgot to check the minimap for groups of vigilanties and stuff.

Kagurra
12-31-2013, 03:07 AM
AC1 had the whole city on high alert after a main kill, including the loud bells...dunno bout the rest of you, but the noise helped to heighten the whole experience...tell me you didnt run a little more willy nilly, and sometimes forgot to check the minimap for groups of vigilanties and stuff.

The background bell was cool. I don't really see it working in a non medieval or AC1ish setting though.

MnemonicSyntax
12-31-2013, 03:40 AM
Of course though, Malik got on Altair's case about how everyone knows about the deed being completed.

Altair's retort is priceless. I favor the silent method myself though.

In fact, I love just about every bit of banter those two have.

Altair "Safety and peace, Malik"
Malik "Your presence denies me of both"

pirate1802
12-31-2013, 03:42 AM
Yeah those moments were the high point of the game. And i got the same feeling in some of AC4's escapes.

Kagurra
12-31-2013, 03:53 AM
Yeah those moments were the high point of the game. And i got the same feeling in some of AC4's escapes.

AC4? Escapes? What game were you playing?

AC4 is the easiest AC to escape in. You run around a corner or run over a couple roof tops and you're gone. You don't even need hiding spots.

Fatal-Feit
12-31-2013, 04:27 AM
The notoriety system was GARBAGE in AC3. Worked okay in other games, but was soooo bad in AC3. It had little to do with guards spotting you faster, but instead just infinitely spawned groups of Jagers around the corner. While you were in a fight with one of them, more would spawn and run in. That's freaking boring and stupid. Glad they got rid of that POS.

I seriously hope they rework it for the next main game, as it's going to be on land. Maybe giant cities, maybe open country, probably both. And if that's the case you need some form of it.

Very true. AC:3's stealth is completely broken. An hour ago I went to restock on arrows, killed 2 guards for ****s and giggles, ended up massacring an entire army for the past hour.

I'm surprised there was no attempt to patch it yet.

pirate1802
12-31-2013, 04:54 AM
AC4? Escapes? What game were you playing?

AC4 is the easiest AC to escape in. You run around a corner or run over a couple roof tops and you're gone. You don't even need hiding spots.

Yep, escaping was easy. But atleast it was there. I meant the scripted escapes more. Like the one after killing Prins, or Rogers, or Torres's double, you know.. those ones. They do remind you of AC1, atleast with the atmosphere. Bells ringing, lots of guards after you etc.

Kagurra
12-31-2013, 05:08 AM
Yep, escaping was easy. But atleast it was there. I meant the scripted escapes more. Like the one after killing Prins, or Rogers, or Torres's double, you know.. those ones. They do remind you of AC1, atleast with the atmosphere. Bells ringing, lots of guards after you etc.

Ohhh. Yeah, I know what you mean. They're still not on the same level as far as tension goes, and it only happens a few scripted times. Even with the Prins one once you get past the main gates of the mansion, you just run straight until you're out of the area and you're golden. I had zero resistance with that one... Torres' double was fun though. Can't specifically remember the Rogers escape.

pirate1802
12-31-2013, 05:17 AM
I dunno I had to dodge those grabbers a few times in the plantations during the Prins chase. And the Rogers was fun because the guards run behind you yelling "there's the Italian! He did it! " I suddently felt I was Ezio lol

Definitely not on AC1 levels in terms of the tension but atleast they got the atmosphere right. As compared to barely any in ACB-ACR and the less said about AC3's cutscene escapes the better. I thought they were extinct from AC.