PDA

View Full Version : Can't even play AC:Black Flag.

Delta_3-5-7
12-30-2013, 05:25 PM
I've been trying to play this game since I installed it(The disc copy I have didn't work, on the third disc, my computer found it as a breach of security and canceled the whole download. Yay avast...) So I went to the Uplay client and entered my product key and just downloaded it from the Uplay client. Which by the way, took 4 hours... and then I get to installing it. And this happens

http://i.imgur.com/dLZC3tU.png?1

What do I do? I looked this problem up and only found one other forum, and the only response was from a forum admin saying "I moved your thread blah blah blah"
Pardon my frustration but this is seriously annoying.

YazX_
12-30-2013, 06:00 PM
you are using 32 bit windows, you can try running the game as Admin, if it didnt work then copy the file manually from the source to destination. upon pasting, you will be prompted to elevate to administrator, click yes.

Delta_3-5-7
12-30-2013, 06:58 PM
you are using 32 bit windows, you can try running the game as Admin, if it didnt work then copy the file manually from the source to destination. upon pasting, you will be prompted to elevate to administrator, click yes.

I have 64 bit Win 7 premium, but I will try this.

Delta_3-5-7
12-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Well it didn't work, I'm very frustrated but, I'm unistalling uplay and trying again.

Suolavesi
12-30-2013, 10:35 PM
I feel you bro, I have been trying to instal AC4 for 3 days now, for same reason as you. I'm using 84 bit win 7 home edition. Every other Assassin's Creed have been working perfectly, even the ACIII which one also requires PunkBuster..... I have deleted the punk buster, and reloaded it with pbsetup. i have reinstalled the game third time now, and nothing works... I'm annoyed...

I have also tried to copu the pbsvc.exe straight to the system32 folder, but even that didn't worked. I have also tried running the game as Admin and Uplay too. Even reinstalled the game as Admin....

I found this other threat http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810904-Punkbuster-Error-5-and-crashing-multiplayer-in-AC4-Black-Flag-Forums which one had good solution, but nothing worked for me, hope you have better luck with it.

YazX_
12-31-2013, 12:06 AM
Well it didn't work, I'm very frustrated but, I'm unistalling uplay and trying again.

wait why the game is trying to copy the file into windows\system32 for x64 windows, the correct location should be under C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

Anyway, you can try copy it to that location and launch the game, if it didnt work, just install PunkBuster manually by double clicking on the file.