PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft watch your step

Zafar1981
12-30-2013, 07:26 AM
I played Assassin's Creed IV and to be honest I enjoyed that game. It had lots of things to do, you can hunt animals, harpoon whales and sharks, craft weapons and ammunition, loot ships and create your own fleet and also upgrade your ship (Jackdaw). Nice game, I think a wounder full game. Is it really an Assassin's Creed game?
Ubisoft claims that this Pirate deed is an open world, sandbox, stealth game, Yes it is an open world game, a huge map, might be the biggest among all of its iterations. Its a versatile map, cities, islands, jungles and an eye opening sea. No doubt the graphics according to the machines we are using they are on the top. Plus the under water gameplay is worth playing. In my view any other game developer had't made this type of marine atmosphere like the one in this game.
Now coming toward stealth gameplay. Well its stealthy in jungles where you can find lots of ares where you can hid yourself, like bushes or in a sugarcane field or on tops of trees, but sadly the stealth system in cities are disappointing. The rooftops are filled with enemies and there are not so many hiding places on the building as we have seen in previous games. Now the stealth gameplay mostly relay on missions which were supposed to be sandbox, am I right.
Sandbox which I know is that they way we like to play, am I right. Now what the hell mean 100% sync if we do this and that in a sandbox mission. We want to play a mission like we want why are you forcing us to have a perfect sync they way you want. Can we expect that in future installments that we also need to dance and sing a song during an assassination. Going further on missions the follow and eavesdrop missions are total failure in this game. I always rank Assassin's Creed 2 as best among all the assassin's creed games. I will give you an example of follow a person the best is when Ezio follow Jacopo de'Pazzi in San Gimignano. And a good example of eavesdrop is when Ezio is following and listening Borgia and his Barbarigo friends in Venice.
The story of the game is exciting but it is a good pirate and tomb raiding game story not as an assassin story. A minor part of the main story was addressed to Assassin and Templar conflict. To be honest if Ubisoft tried they can make a fantastic pirate game franchise from this game but could't continue this pirate stuff in Assassin game.
Overall it was a good game but its very difficult for me to accept it as an Assassin's Creed game and if things go like this way then the future this series would face a similar fate like Prince of Persia.

pirate1802
12-30-2013, 07:27 AM
Yes it is an Assassins Creed game. depends how you define it I guess.

And the number of rooftop guards are less than other games. For example I was just playing AC2 and I can't get on the roof without someone screaming "Down! Now!!" to me. The are also plenty of hiding spot in cities, even on rooftops. Just hide behind a chimney for example.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 07:41 AM
AC4 was always meant to be about Edward's story. Even if he was a pig farmer all day long, that would be his story.

PRESS X TO SHOVEL PIG DUNG

But seriously though, AC4 has made a lot of changes for the better for the series, which means they're listening. Sure, Black Flag was more Pirate than Assassin, but it's still an Assassin's Creed game. People complain that Edward didn't become an Assassin until the end of the game, but the same is true with Ezio in AC2.

Kagurra
12-30-2013, 07:57 AM
People complain that Edward didn't become an Assassin until the end of the game, but the same is true with Ezio in AC2.

This x 10000. With that logic AC2 was just "Young Italian guy's Creed".

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 08:01 AM
LMAO.

"Banker's Son's Revenge"

Kagurra
12-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Yeeeeup. Some people.

The "Pirate's Creed" thing really annoys me in general if I haven't mentioned that already.

Fatal-Feit
12-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Damn, have you even finished AC:IV? More than half the game is about Assassins and Templars. In fact, they've gone more in depth with the Creed and Eagle Vision than AC:2. Sure, there aren't 20 white hooded jesters jumping all over rooftops, but do you really expect the brotherhood is be that apparent during the 1700s? These are a time when assassins are scarce and you should really appreciate the change of directions for the templars. Not only are players now getting a better perspective of their goals, we are also getting interesting, like-able characters. So yeah, like the people above said, you might as well not call AC:2 a true sequel.

Also AC:2-AC:R(AC:3 was mostly scripted and broken) weren't half as stealthy as AC:IV, regardless of the 100% synch conditions. AC:B and AC:R had you parkour through highly scripted sequences that didn't involved a lot of guards, making it appear to be ''stealth''. Tailing aside, replay Ezio's Trilogy again, then come back and say the stealth in AC:IV wasn't opened enough.

Dev_Anj
12-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Also AC:2-AC:R(AC:3 was mostly scripted and broken) weren't half as stealthy as AC:IV, regardless of the 100% synch conditions. AC:B and AC:R had you parkour through highly scripted sequences that didn't involved a lot of guards, making it appear to be ''stealth''. Tailing aside, replay Ezio's Trilogy again, then come back and say the stealth in AC:IV wasn't opened enough.

Wait, the platforming sequences in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed: Revelations were supposed to be stealth sequences? They always felt more like platforming sequences to me, with some guards here and there.

IWGCJoeCool
12-31-2013, 02:49 AM
i gotta think that anyone not getting any true "Stealth" experiences is either too impatient or playing to d@mn fast...even in previous games that were criticised for being too melee. any mission without any kind of countdown timer going on can be done stealthily. there is no rush, and one can move along, from cover to cover in any environment. you can also hit Pause at anytime to see whatever "optionals" are in play, that's good cuz they are displayed and removed too fast on the play screen. anyway, take your time, monitor enemies and where they are, picking them off quietly. it's rare that any approach direction will totally fail. when you zero in on the final kill, it's great to be able to walk away mostly unchallenged...you've followed the Creed well.

i know this probably isnt much of a SPOILER by now, but pay attention to the voice messages that Abstergo has from Des to his father...especially the one where he describes how he had taken hours to work himself upstairs to sneak in on his father. that pretty much somes things up.

JC

adventurewomen
12-31-2013, 03:07 AM
With a thread title like this I just...

http://i.imgur.com/iBKVkhf.gif

Black_Widow9
12-31-2013, 05:47 AM
With a thread title like this I just...

http://i.imgur.com/iBKVkhf.gif
So that's what the "watch your step" was all about....

We do have feedback threads:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803791-AC-IV-Black-Flag-Single-Player-GAMEPLAY-Feedback-*Do-NOT-post-SPOILERS*

Injuring
12-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Definitely an Assassins creed game and I love it, It struck just the right balance of Stealth, Melee and Naval combat to make it fun.