PDA

View Full Version : The Community Challenges were a fail given the long wait...

phoenix-force411
12-30-2013, 05:43 AM
The most previous one failed where we had to loot warehouses. I only had 7/10 since my warehouses did not restock in time and it can take significantly long for them to restock. The amount the Community needed to reach as a whole was awfully too much and you have to waste a lot of time just for one to restock. The time span of the Challenge was not long enough either, and adding that up to how frequent warehouses restock, this challenge was doomed to fail from the start.

The previous one before the warehouse looting was, in a way, doomed to fail as well. Yes, destroying ships is a fast thing to do, but plundering includes incapacitating the ship, boarding the ship, completing the requirements, and then doing whatever with the ship you just boarded. It takes awhile to do just one of the 15 you had to do as part of your participation towards the 1,000,000(I believe that's correct). Weaker ships die too easily, which leads to players with a highly upgraded Jackdaw to take on Frigates and Man O' Wars. Those can be very time consuming and they become a chore more than fun after a while. This challenge should have allowed the players to either plunder or destroy, so that it would be a lot easier, but the time span of the challenge was too little for the required goal to be reached.

Main thing is, the time span from release to "right now" has been quite a lot of time already. What really hindered the success of these Community challenges was the involvement of players towards the game; Too much time has passed since the release, and the Community Challenges could have been completed(Still not sure about the Warehouse looting)if these Challenges were released much earlier like in early November. If it was release then, the Ship plundering challenge could have been met since the game would have been fresh and players would have had fun plundering for materials to upgrade their Jackdaw. But now that we're at the end of 2013, looting warehouses and plundering ships may not be fun anymore, and it may feel more like a chore.

Kagurra
12-30-2013, 05:50 AM
The reasons the plundering ships one failed is because A) it was during christmas time B) Not everybody knew you had to select "repair jackdaw". They should've just made it "Sink ships".

They're being really outrageous with them. I had around 20/10 warehouses, they started refilling really quick for me, you just need to fast travel around and keep emptying other ones out. I guess they fixed them with the last patch and didn't tell us. Still, the goal was way too high.

phoenix-force411
12-30-2013, 05:56 AM
The reasons the plundering ships one failed is because A) it was during christmas time B) Not everybody knew you had to select "repair jackdaw". They should've just made it "Sink ships".

They're being really outrageous with them. I had around 20/10 warehouses, they started refilling really quick for me, you just need to fast travel around and keep emptying other ones out. I guess they fixed them with the last patch and didn't tell us. Still, the goal was way too high.

That too. My Warehouses just weren't refilling fast at all. And once you've had 100% completion, running around and waiting can be...boring. At this time around, not everyone is playing AC anymore. If the next and current gen players could combine their numbers, it would have taken much less time.