PDA

View Full Version : Making community challenges more rewarding

funnyman44
12-30-2013, 02:36 AM
Just make the rewards little easter egg/funny/cosmetic items.

balloon swords
futuristic blasters
Splinter Cell Black list outfit
Ship sails with the Ubisoft logo
brass knuckles as "hidden blades"
chrome/bright gold ship wheels
axes as "swords"
etc.

If you have any other ideas, feel free to post. I'll add them to the OP with your name beside them. Also, rewards should transfer between saves.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 02:38 AM
How about we just get one, for PC?

Or, be able to finish the others for console?

funnyman44
12-30-2013, 02:45 AM
PC, as far as I can tell, is a secondary system. I may be wrong but that's how most devs/publishers see it (if they have the game for consoles and PC). Regardless, y'all should get community challenges anyways.

The reason they can't be finished on console is because no one wants to take their time to go do something (chores basically) for something that is, frankly, boring and useless (low stat swords, generic ship wheels, etc.).

Kagurra
12-30-2013, 02:47 AM
Nobody's doing them because they're boring. They need to be something players do at least somewhat naturally. The ships thing would've been perfect, except you only got credit for repairing the Jackdaw, and I bet a lot of people didn't know that. Also people just playing through the game would do other stuff with the ships. PLUS it was over christmas. The warehouse one was just set too high. They're not cross platform or anything..

Also, those ideas are terrible. All I want is my explorer outfit.

funnyman44
12-30-2013, 02:49 AM
Exactly, I agree but why do you think those ideas are terrible?

Kagurra
12-30-2013, 02:56 AM
Exactly, I agree but why do you think those ideas are terrible?

I shouldn't have to explain, and honestly can't even think of a way to word it.

Also, those things aren't in the game. The current rewards; Explorer outfit, pistols, persian swords, etc, are all in the game on the disk. We're just locked out of our content we paid for.

HypeR.tgL
12-30-2013, 02:56 AM
I like the idea, but it would take a miracle for a group of the UbiMontreal devs to make something so little just for us.

funnyman44
12-30-2013, 03:09 AM
I shouldn't have to explain, and honestly can't even think of a way to word it.

Also, those things aren't in the game. The current rewards; Explorer outfit, pistols, persian swords, etc, are all in the game on the disk. We're just locked out of our content we paid for.
If you can't argue against it, then why post at all? I figured a sword couldn't be more than a 20 megabite download so why not.

@hyperdrive: a miracle indeed

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 03:24 AM
If you can't argue against it, then why post at all? I figured a sword couldn't be more than a 20 megabite download so why not.

@hyperdrive: a miracle indeed

Because they're in a word, stupid. They don't fit the theme and have nothing to do with Assassin's Creed.

It's more like it would fit Saint's Row than Assassin's Creed.

funnyman44
12-30-2013, 03:35 AM
Assassin's Creed is a video game. Granted different people have different views, I can understand that. But I don't find not fitting into the theme to be a solid argument. I knew I would run into some people thinking like that and by all means, continue, but don't expect me to receive that as something note worthy.

Just sayin.

Edit: your signature is a good one

Edit edit: If funny or otherwise, weird additions don't make you happy, feel free to add things that do make you happy. I'll put them up regardless.

Kagurra
12-30-2013, 03:47 AM
Because they're in a word, stupid. They don't fit the theme and have nothing to do with Assassin's Creed.

It's more like it would fit Saint's Row than Assassin's Creed.

Yeeeah...

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 03:50 AM
Assassin's Creed is a video game. Granted different people have different views, I can understand that. But I don't find not fitting into the theme to be a solid argument. I knew I would run into some people thinking like that and by all means, continue, but don't expect me to receive that as something note worthy.

Just sayin.

Edit: your signature is a good one

Edit edit: If funny or otherwise, weird additions don't make you happy, feel free to add things that do make you happy. I'll put them up regardless.

Why not? It's pretty solid, especially considering we can't even get the stuff that we have already, but locked behind an event that we won't ever get.

And as for the secondary system comment, I missed that earlier, but until gaming consoles became mainstream, games were made on PC first, and then ported to consoles. Now it's the other way around because consoles are affordable, and it's just easier to port something over than make something that would outshine on a console any day of the week. All this "next gen crap, we've had on PC for a long time now, and we're standing around waiting for the consoles to hobble along and join us.

I'm not one of those PC Master Race d-bags, but to say the PC is secondary isn't true at all. Just because we haven't got Community Challenges doesn't make consoles superior either.

You get "lore purist" people in Elder Scrolls all the time, and this really shouldn't be any different. Ubisoft isn't going to add this stuff in anyway, so it's really a wishful thinking list. Nothing more.

Black_Widow9
12-30-2013, 03:56 AM
This was actually a good topic as far as the OP. Can we keep it constructive so I don't have to lock it please.

(I thought balloon swords were funny. :rolleyes: *sigh)

funnyman44
12-30-2013, 03:58 AM
1. I don't know about other people but I just don't find things like theme or tradition to be good arguments to do something that may help a situation. I say may because people may argue against me with other things. Such as development time for these items.

2. By "secondary system," I meant in the eyes of the developer or publisher. I don't think anyone can deny that consoles have a much larger market compared to PCs. That may not be true but like you said, consoles are easier to make games for. Not to mention how much easier they are to sell to us console gamers. I find PCs to be extremely great in what they do, but you can't deny that publishers like Ubisoft or EA will focus on consoles more.

3. Wishful thinking is better than not thinking. The high seas are a large and time consuming place. You gotta think to stay sane. :D

Edit: YES!!! I made a mod laugh. I'm in good with the cops.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 03:59 AM
Yeah, real funny. Hilarious. I'd probably appreciate this topic more if we PC gamers even had one frickin Community Challenge to even try.

Black_Widow9
12-30-2013, 04:01 AM
Yeah, real funny. Hilarious. I'd probably appreciate this topic more if we PC gamers even had one frickin Community Challenge to even try.

I've passed this on for you guys just so you know. :p

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 04:02 AM
1. I don't know about other people but I just don't find things like theme or tradition to be good arguments to do something that may help a situation. I say may because people may argue against me with other things. Such as development time for these items.

Help a situation? How does this help anything? This is just a list of things for bonus items for multiplayer. It doesn't require too much thought, anyone can throw any idea out there.

Oh I know, how about instead of boats, we can have cars!

2. By "secondary system," I meant in the eyes of the developer or publisher. I don't think anyone can deny that consoles have a much larger market compared to PCs. That may not be true but like you said, consoles are easier to make games for. Not to mention how much easier they are to sell to us console gamers. I find PCs to be extremely great in what they do, but you can't deny that publishers like Ubisoft or EA will focus on consoles more.

I'm not denying that at all. I'm saying that we're being held back by consoles.

3. Wishful thinking is better than not thinking. The high seas are a large and time consuming place. You gotta think to stay sane. :D

This isn't thinking though. Anyone can blurt out whatever they want. How about instead, Ubisoft puts their brains together and figures out a way to fix the problems that already exist.

EDIT: Forgive me. Like I said, I'd be more receptive to this if we could even participate in a challenge.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 04:03 AM
I've passed this on for you guys just so you know. :p

Thank you! I'm sorry for my bitterness.

Widow, I wouldn't even care if we failed it! I just want to be a part of ONE!

(Though I won't mind the stuff I'm missing for sure)

roostersrule2
12-30-2013, 04:14 AM
Yeah, real funny. Hilarious. I'd probably appreciate this topic more if we PC gamers even had one frickin Community Challenge to even try.The Master Race aye?

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 04:16 AM
The Master Race aye?

Go read above what I posted long before you joined the party.

Black_Widow9
12-30-2013, 04:17 AM
Thank you! I'm sorry for my bitterness.

Widow, I wouldn't even care if we failed it! I just want to be a part of ONE!

(Though I won't mind the stuff I'm missing for sure)
I understand why and that's why I've passed it along. ;)

funnyman44
12-30-2013, 04:18 AM
1. I thought community challenges were for single player. I don't want any of this for multiplayer.
Now I'm getting flashes of people walking around with balloon swords all game.

2. "Help" is just a word to describe multiple different things. Not just video games. For AC, it would be something like "improve" or "spice up."

3. You had to think to get the comeback: "Oh I know, how about instead of boats, we can have cars!" :P
In slow games, like AC, I think of a lot of things during gameplay hours. I have multiple threads based on my ideas.

4. You are bitter. You really care for these that much?

roostersrule2
12-30-2013, 04:23 AM
Go read above what I posted long before you joined the party.I did, something about Saints Row.

Fatal-Feit
12-30-2013, 04:38 AM
I understand why and that's why I've passed it along. ;)

****ing hell, finally! It's about time. THANK YOU.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 04:50 AM
4. You are bitter. You really care for these that much?

Yeah. PC hasn't had any. Single Player has had 3.

I mean, you made a thread about wanting silly things for Community Challenges. Do you really care about them that much?

I did, something about Saints Row.

Didn't read enough then.

No matter, when you have something to say to me in the future that's worthwhile, I'll respond back. Until then, keep trolling and going off topic.

Kagurra
12-30-2013, 04:52 AM
Geez...

funnyman44
12-30-2013, 04:54 AM
Edit: These were supposed to be single player only items. I don't want any of these in MP. Well maybe a few.

Just adding something to see how the community feels. I'd much rather have a better base game than little things like this. I know that the likelihood of Ubisoft doing this is hovering around 0.0000001% but seeing if you or others liked/disliked it is better than not posting at all.

Like I said. Wishful thinking is better than not thinking at all.

@Kagurra: We will drag this out!

roostersrule2
12-30-2013, 04:56 AM
Didn't read enough then.

No matter, when you have something to say to me in the future that's worthwhile, I'll respond back. Until then, keep trolling and going off topic.Haha calm down man, 'twas only a joke.

And while you wait for me to say something that is of high enough standards to be read at your level, I'll just do some Community Challenges and speaking of off-topic wasn't this thread about better rewards for challenges? Not, about PC getting challenges?

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 05:02 AM
Haha calm down man, 'twas only a joke.

And while you wait for me to say something that is of high enough standards to be read at your level, I'll just do some Community Challenges and speaking of off-topic wasn't this thread about better rewards for challenges? Not, about PC getting challenges?

I had said that I don't consider myself a PC Master Race D-bag. I hate it when people bring that up, because it's the straw man comeback when PCs are "behind" consoles like this.

And yes, it's about making Community Challenges more rewarding. However, as it stands, no one is getting any rewards. 3 challenges, no rewards for most (a lot of people didn't get the Explorer Outfit correctly, which is why Community Challenges were stopped briefly)

So my point was, why have making Community Challenges more rewarding when as they are now, there's not been any sort of reward, period. And this goes for PC gamers as well.

funnyman44
12-30-2013, 05:20 AM
The idea is that more people will contribute to them if they seem worthwhile.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 05:24 AM
But if they're not getting anything at all, that would make them less worthwhile.

Kagurra
12-30-2013, 05:25 AM
The idea is that more people will contribute to them if they seem worthwhile.

Nobody wants a Sam Fisher outfit or lightsabers or whatever else is the silliest thing ever in AC. At least those things were funny in PoP as easter eggs that were hard to find, but just handing it out as a reward is, well, like I said, silly.

funnyman44
12-30-2013, 05:32 AM
It would be much more of an incentive than the silly little things they're giving us now. I could easily see a large portion of players working towards a lightsaber with the stats equal to the blades of Toledo or something of that nature. Maybe a cool finishing move or what have you. The fact is that they are better and more fun/interesting than what is being offered in the challenges at the moment.

MnemonicSyntax, I'm not following. Are you saying that the challenges are glitched?

Kagurra
12-30-2013, 05:47 AM
It would be much more of an incentive than the silly little things they're giving us now. I could easily see a large portion of players working towards a lightsaber with the stats equal to the blades of Toledo or something of that nature. Maybe a cool finishing move or what have you. The fact is that they are better and more fun/interesting than what is being offered in the challenges at the moment.

MnemonicSyntax, I'm not following. Are you saying that the challenges are glitched?

Yeah, like they're going to add in a new animation at this point. Ha. They're not giving us silly things, because they aren't giving us anything. And how is a new outfit or something silly? It fits fine. The weapons suck but whatever.

Also, no, the challenges are not glitched at the moment, Ubi is just setting outrageous goals that aren't fair to people that participate, and we're constantly failing. The consolation prizes are just insulting aswell, just don't even give me that 1k reales and 50 of each cargo.

phoenix-force411
12-30-2013, 05:51 AM
We should have been given the items that need CC to unlock to begin with. I bought the game, and I'm entitled to these little miscellaneous things. Community Challenge(CC) stuff could have been things that weren't displayed in the game to begin with, and they should have been cooler to build more hype.

pirate1802
12-30-2013, 05:52 AM
Lawl.. 1k reales, we can make more than that in a few minutes haha.

How about adding new sea shanties as rewards?

funnyman44
12-30-2013, 05:57 AM
Yeah, like they're going to add in a new animation at this point. Ha. They're not giving us silly things, because they aren't giving us anything. And how is a new outfit or something silly? It fits fine. The weapons suck but whatever.

Also, no, the challenges are not glitched at the moment, Ubi is just setting outrageous goals that aren't fair to people that participate, and we're constantly failing. The consolation prizes are just insulting aswell, just don't even give me that 1k reales and 50 of each cargo.
1. A new animation is just an idea. Dang y'all are WAY to literal.
2. An outfit seems nice but a ship wheel? A crappy sword? Not really worth it imo.
3. The goals aren't getting reached because no one cares about the prizes at the end. If there even is one like you said.
4. These don't have to be little weird rewards either. Just something worth getting like maybe duel wield axes or something.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 06:11 AM

Like Kagurra said, no. But the goals are unrealistically high, especially for the holidays. Not everyone is spending their time in front of their machines. Most are with their families, out of town, etc. Before that, the first challenge was glitched and only for Current Gen consoles, as Next Gen wasn't out. A lot of people did the challenge and it was completed, but many people didn't get the item, which was the Explorer's Outfit.

And not to beat a dead horse, but PC hasn't even gotten one challenge. Lastly, I was under the assumption that these challenges were tied together across the board. Because it's a COMMUNITY Challenge, so if everyone participates, it should go toward the goal. Apparently, that's not the case either.

So they're not glitched but they certainly aren't set up correctly either. Something needs to change here, for sure.

HypeR.tgL
12-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Goals aren't being reached mainly because everyone would've went out of town for a holiday or something, as well as the fact that it's been about a month or more since the game's release, so people would've gotten 100% sync and stopped playing ofc.

I don't know why you guys are saying this idea is comparable to Saints Row, AC IV has some ridiculous crap already, from skeleton crew members to bunny rabbit enemies, despite being cheats, they're still apart of the whole game itself, I don't see how some Sam Fisher outfit would do any harm.

Besides, what happened to "It's the Animus, anything is possible", or something rather, I'm kinda paraphrasing.

Gosh I'm a little annoyed about how Ubi has handled Community Challenges, I thought it was going to be between every platform, but nope nope nope nope.
Also the fact that they're so late means that most of the players would've have put AC IV down for other games by now. I really hope they make it up to us :|..

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Goals aren't being reached mainly because everyone would've went out of town for a holiday or something, as well as the fact that it's been about a month or more since the game's release, so people would've gotten 100% sync and stopped playing ofc.

I don't know why you guys are saying this idea is comparable to Saints Row, AC IV has some ridiculous crap already, from skeleton crew members to bunny rabbit enemies, despite being cheats, they're still apart of the whole game itself, I don't see how some Sam Fisher outfit would do any harm.

Besides, what happened to "It's the Animus, anything is possible", or something rather, I'm kinda paraphrasing.

Gosh I'm a little annoyed about how Ubi has handled Community Challenges, I thought it was going to be between every platform, but nope nope nope nope.
Also the fact that they're so late means that most of the players would've have put AC IV down for other games by now. I really hope they make it up to us :|..

Have you ever played Saints Row? It's filled with wacky stuff like that, especially the later series.

The Rabbids get a pass because it's Ubi's IP, and the "Skeleton Crew" is reminiscent of Pirates of the Caribbean. And while Sam Fisher is also Ubi's IP, it would be more appropriate for a cheat or a costume anyway, for perhaps completing a personal, singular objective (like Raiden's outfit in Brotherhood) then a Community Challenge.

But yes, I agree. No one is getting anything, even the stuff that belongs in-game and already there.

SixKeys
12-30-2013, 11:44 AM
No need to pile on OP for simply making suggestions, even if you don't agree with them. This is not directed at anyone in particular, it just seems this thread in general has way too much hostility for such a harmless topic.

Silly fantasy things already exist in the game in the form of Animus hacks. Community rewards should be something more fitting for the time period and story. As others have pointed out though, the challenge bar is set way too high and since it's not cross-platform, nobody is getting their rewards.

x___Luffy___x
12-30-2013, 03:12 PM
they should just unlock the content tied to the CEs. they are stupid to even link SP with MP. not to mention that not a single CE has happened for PC. stupid lazy people.

pirate1802
12-30-2013, 05:29 PM
^We are the secondary citizens in Ubi's world, don't you know?

x___Luffy___x
12-30-2013, 05:37 PM
but i really want the explorer outfit man. and i am so mad about this.

pirate1802
12-30-2013, 05:38 PM
We all are :/

funnyman44
12-30-2013, 05:40 PM
No need to pile on OP for simply making suggestions, even if you don't agree with them. This is not directed at anyone in particular, it just seems this thread in general has way too much hostility for such a harmless topic.

Silly fantasy things already exist in the game in the form of Animus hacks. Community rewards should be something more fitting for the time period and story. As others have pointed out though, the challenge bar is set way too high and since it's not cross-platform, nobody is getting their rewards.

Thank you for the defense.

Throughout this thread, y'all have made some good points. My conclusions:

1. These don't have to be "silly" items. They could be whatever you want. The general idea of this thread was to make community challenges more appealing with better rewards.
2. I do think Ubisoft overestimates us. We can't deny the AC isn't exactly a well known or well played series (in comparison to say CoD). Therefore, like others have said, people are just finishing the game and leaving. This makes it extremely difficult for those of us who plan on completing the game multiple times.
3. PC should get community challenges.
4. This thread was created in the theoretical notion that community challenges worked.

Kagurra
12-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Lawl.. 1k reales, we can make more than that in a few minutes haha.

How about adding new sea shanties as rewards?

I'm still mad I have to sign up to the Initiates website to get 1 new shanty and those ship sails. I refuse to do it.

Pandassin
12-31-2013, 01:12 AM
I think we should be rewarded things like the outfits of other pirates e.g. Thatch, Vane, Rackham, etc. I know we get Bonnet's from DLC, but I'd much rather have these ones.

This is my suggestion ^^

MnemonicSyntax
12-31-2013, 01:20 AM
I'm still mad I have to sign up to the Initiates website to get 1 new shanty and those ship sails. I refuse to do it.

Shanty isn't so hot. Both sails are nice though. I pimp the Black Skull Sails usually.