PDA

View Full Version : Single Player Community Challenges.

Legionario-Cero
12-30-2013, 02:01 AM
Ok so some of the items in the single player game can only be unlocked by finishing community challenges.
I took place in the last community challenge for the PS3, which was on for 2 days, the goal was to plunge warehouses 900k times.
Now from what I've seen, it was only 24% done, and there was only around 5 hours left until the end of the challenge, which it means it failed.
So, how am I supposed to 100% sync the game, when it is impossible for me to get the community event items, because no one participates in them anymore on PS3?
I can't get the swords, I can't get the pistols, I can't get anything related to the community event.

So what's the solution for this?

Kagurra
12-30-2013, 02:02 AM
I have 100% sync without those items. Not in the database, but in the progress tracker. Database is at 96%.

Legionario-Cero
12-30-2013, 02:15 AM
Ok but still, how am I supposed to get those items? I want them.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 02:24 AM
Everyone wants them.

Hopefully Ubisoft lowers expectation goals and allows PC gamers to join in too.

jsmith
12-30-2013, 04:05 AM
The number of rewards are finite (since there seems to be some confusion, thought i'd state that). The idea is that community challenges will be given on an ongoing basis and the reward will be cycled through these finite rewards. So, you may skip a challenge or two if you have those items already and if you happen to be particularly unlucky you may be stuck waiting around for a challenge with the reward you need to complete your collection.

With that said, Ubisoft really needs to do one of two things to make these challenges work:

* Increase the time the challenges run for. Currently, they seem to be 2 or 3 day challenges. I'd say 9 days may work better (to allow for two full weekends).

or (possibly better):

* Decrease the amount of actions needed by the community and (possibly) individual to complete the challenge.

Additionally, it would be helpful if they did a better job of announcing these community challenges in the game and out of the game.

Another suggestion might be to change how the challenges work entirely so that anyone who completes the individual goal would get the reward no matter what.

Kagurra
12-30-2013, 04:08 AM
The number of rewards are finite (since there seems to be some confusion, thought i'd state that). The idea is that community challenges will be given on an ongoing basis and the reward will be cycled through these finite rewards. So, you may skip a challenge or two if you have those items already and if you happen to be particularly unlucky you may be stuck waiting around for a challenge with the reward you need to complete your collection.

With that said, Ubisoft really needs to do one of two things to make these challenges work:

* Increase the time the challenges run for. Currently, they seem to be 2 or 3 day challenges. I'd say 9 days may work better (to allow for two full weekends).

or (possibly better):

* Decrease the amount of actions needed by the community and (possibly) individual to complete the challenge.

Additionally, it would be helpful if they did a better job of announcing these community challenges in the game and out of the game.

Another suggestion might be to change how the challenges work entirely so that anyone who completes the individual goal would get the reward no matter what.

I agree.

On a side note out of the blue... Are you JsmithOTI?