PDA

View Full Version : Do the hunter ships ever stop?

SkyyPlum924
12-29-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm early in the game, I have to plunder 70 metal, my ship sucks and can't be upgraded and once I got to 57 I had 3 high level hunter ships on me. I thought I was fine when I heard the danger has passed but as soon as I docked, the 3 hunters were right there. I've been sailing pointlessly for over an hour and they don't stop. There's no way I can take them out and I don't see how many could with a very low level ship. This is beyond annoying, I don't want to take them on and die and lose all my progress or reload from the last save and have them all this there. This is by far the worst moment I've ever seen in an AC game.

D.I.D.
12-29-2013, 10:57 AM
You can buy your way out of being hunted, but generally speaking you shouldn't do that. Hunters almost always carry metal, so it's good to keep your wanted level high so that you've got an easy source of goods coming to you.

I'm not sure what the problem is here, since they're quite easy to kill, and you've obviously got the hang of destroying ships if you've sunk enough of them to get three hunters on your tail. The only thing I can think of is this: are you sinking ships with your guns, or boarding them? You should try your best to incapacitate the ships so that you can board them, but if you keep hitting them they'll be sunk and you'll miss out on the full cargo and also some important options. If you can't beat the hunters, defeat and board some standard ships and choose the option to trade the ship to reduce your wanted level.

oliacr
12-29-2013, 12:32 PM
You can buy your way out of being hunted, but generally speaking you shouldn't do that. Hunters almost always carry metal, so it's good to keep your wanted level high so that you've got an easy source of goods coming to you.

I'm not sure what the problem is here, since they're quite easy to kill, and you've obviously got the hang of destroying ships if you've sunk enough of them to get three hunters on your tail. The only thing I can think of is this: are you sinking ships with your guns, or boarding them? You should try your best to incapacitate the ships so that you can board them, but if you keep hitting them they'll be sunk and you'll miss out on the full cargo and also some important options. If you can't beat the hunters, defeat and board some standard ships and choose the option to trade the ship to reduce your wanted level.

Bull's eye

Doc Possible
12-31-2013, 04:19 AM
There is an option, when you plunder a ship, to reduce your wanted level. (This option might be unavailable early in the game, however, or if you're on a mission.) There's also a little official dude you can bribe at most forts & ports, but he might not be showing up for you yet.

As for "I don't want to take them on and die and lose all my progress" -- actually if you die you lose almost nothing; if you're on a mission you restart from the last checkpoint, but otherwise everything is just like an insta-rez, usually with refilled ammo and ship health.

And yeah, hunters are generally much easier than other ships their size.

- A