PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS: Anne Bonny

chadeboi
12-29-2013, 05:50 AM
Is anyone else having this problem? Late in the game's story, Anne becomes the new quartermaster of the Jackdaw (after Adewale departs to join the Assassins). This is great and all, except that Anne doesn't seem to speak when she's on the ship. That is, whenever I issue orders to my pirate crew, Anne makes visible gestures but doesn't vocally repeat any of my orders to the crew. It'd be great if she actually spoke, like Adewale did. Can something be done about this?

Kagurra
12-29-2013, 06:14 AM
She talks when you get onto the ship. "Good day to you Edward!"

Other than that, I'm guessing they put way more effect into Adewale because he's there for the majority of the game. Unless you bum rushed through the main story without doing anything else, then did everything else afterwards.

MnemonicSyntax
12-29-2013, 06:16 AM
I wish they recorded her saying "he's a monster!"

*coughs*

AngryRaisin
12-29-2013, 06:17 AM
I hear her saying the same things that Ade said such as "We now have the supplies to upgrade the ship" or "The storm is really fierce" (paraphrasing—don't remember what specifically about the weather but I have heard her)

chadeboi
12-29-2013, 06:19 AM
I'm thinking this might just be a simple bug of some kind. When Anne first appears as your quartermaster, she seems to relay orders fine for the most part. I could hear her barking commands to the crew after Edward does. But after I turned off the game and came back to it some hours later, she only ever spoke when I got on the ship (with a greeting). Now, once I take the wheel, she stays silent. Can Ubisoft do something about this?

Kagurra
12-29-2013, 06:22 AM
Yeah, I have heard her say the thing about the supplies. Even though I'm 100% fully upgraded.

That phrase is BS and lazy programming by Ubi BTW, because even Adewale said it when you got metal or something, and not when you actually had an upgrade available and had the resources for it. Unless they just meant it as "Hey this stuff is useful, but you can't use it just yet... or maybe you can, let's be vague.". So it's either that, or the programming laziness.

Wolfmeister1010
12-29-2013, 06:59 AM
It is a bug. She barks all sorts of orders during the campaign and sometimes for a bit after completion, but then she falls silent. The fact that ubi hasnt attended to this big issue (along with numerous audio glitches) is extremely troubling to say the least

aL_____eX
12-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Anne... :rolleyes: :o Why did she live 300 years earlier?

And I also noticed this, Anne is not saying anything except "Good Day Edward" anymore.