PDA

View Full Version : anyone else wish that freedom cry was its own full game?

ajl992008
12-28-2013, 09:56 PM
I felt the story told in freedom cry was great, touching on such a controversial topic, slavery. Adewale as a character was also very likable, I think what would have been a great idea is if they pulled a brotherhood on this and keep all of ac4 team (not ramping down in resources) and go straight into making "assassins creed: freedom cry". they could have even expanded the map towards africa maybe? or even set the entire game in africa and surrounding areas (bringing in the naval gameplay of ac4),seeing as they have the tropical environment assets from ac4 available. they could carry on the first person modern day gameplay from ac4 and just have a new floor with more hacking to do. while we would be busy playing that ubisoft would get and extra year to develop ac5 and make it completely next gen. I don't know, Ithink it would have made a fantastic game, what are all of your thoughts on this?

Fatal-Feit
12-28-2013, 10:04 PM
There's nothing in Freedom Cry that AC:3 and Liberation haven't done and already explored.

ze_topazio
12-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Yes i would have liked.

ajl992008
12-28-2013, 10:20 PM
There's nothing in Freedom Cry that AC:3 and Liberation haven't done and already explored.

thats not true, ac3 did not explore slavery at all it just mentioned it, liberation did more but freedom cry explored it much more in DLC form, rather than the topic itself I am more interested in it being a device to create adewale's motivations for being an assassin and wanting freedom and equality for all, he reminded me a lot of connor in this way and he had a hint of altair as well since he was a a deep thinker and more cool headed when compared to the assassins before him. and also the biggest benefit that would have come from this is what I mentioned before, that ubi would get an extra year to work on ac5 and blow our minds while we get this cool spin off title.

Fatal-Feit
12-28-2013, 10:31 PM
thats not true, ac3 did not explore slavery at all it just mentioned it, liberation did more but freedom cry explored it much more in DLC form, rather than the topic itself I am more interested in it being a device to create adewale's motivations for being an assassin and wanting freedom and equality for all, he reminded me a lot of connor in this way and he had a hint of altair as well since he was a a deep thinker and more cool headed when compared to the assassins before him. and also the biggest benefit that would have come from this is what I mentioned before, that ubi would get an extra year to work on ac5 and blow our minds while we get this cool spin off title.

Ehhhh... Adewale's pretty darn badass, but his character, motives, and struggles are nothing the developers haven't already explored and made use of. Another title simply to empathise slavery anymore than they've already have is unessecary, IMO. We've already saved thousands of slaves in AC:3, Liberation, and Freedom Cry. It could just be me but I'm already worn out by all these slavery stuff.

SixKeys
12-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Ehhhh... Adewale's pretty darn badass, but his character, motives, and struggles are nothing the developers haven't already explored and made use of. Another title simply to empathise slavery anymore than they've already have is unessecary, IMO. We've already saved thousands of slaves in AC:3, Liberation, and Freedom Cry. It could just be me but I'm already worn out by all these slavery stuff.

Ehh....We didn't actually liberate any slaves in AC3. :confused:

I liked the way Freedom Cry dealt with slavery, more in-depth than Liberation. Aveline was somewhat removed from the struggles of slavery due to her heritage, Adewale had a lot more justified anger and personal traumas to propel him. The only thing that kinda bugs me so far (haven't finished the DLC yet) is the presentation. They should have made the random slave-freeing quests a lot less frequent. The amount of icons on your map and side-quests popping up on your screen all the time is pretty distracting. OTOH, it emphasized how difficult it would have been for someone like Ade to turn a blind eye to all the injustice around him, and just how much of it there was everywhere. Edward could take a leisurely stroll around the city and stop to smell the flowers, Ade was constantly, painfully aware of his people's struggle.

Atair0000
12-29-2013, 12:17 AM

I liked the way Freedom Cry dealt with slavery, more in-depth than Liberation. Aveline was somewhat removed from the struggles of slavery due to her heritage, Adewale had a lot more justified anger and personal traumas to propel him. The only thing that kinda bugs me so far (haven't finished the DLC yet) is the presentation. They should have made the random slave-freeing quests a lot less frequent. The amount of icons on your map and side-quests popping up on your screen all the time is pretty distracting. OTOH, it emphasized how difficult it would have been for someone like Ade to turn a blind eye to all the injustice around him, and just how much of it there was everywhere. Edward could take a leisurely stroll around the city and stop to smell the flowers, Ade was constantly, painfully aware of his people's struggle.
Adewale I feel is powerful, becuzz think about it......DJANGO. This man had to deal with losing his wife...but what happened. He killed every single threat until he got his LADY.

Kagurra
12-29-2013, 12:40 AM
I don't.

killzab
12-29-2013, 12:46 AM
I think the DLC is enough... Or a full game would have to take place in a whole different setting.

ajl992008
12-29-2013, 01:18 AM
I think people are misinterpreting what I'm saying, I'm saying imagine if freedom cry dlc never existed and they just used the concept for the 2014 ac game.

Fatal-Feit
12-29-2013, 01:57 AM

I don't think we actually do, but Connor fought for everyone's freedom and he continues to liberate slaves after AC:3.

Freedom Cry made too much of an impact out of slavery already. Call me weak hearted, but I rather no sequel at all over more slavery guilt trips. Carrying cripples to a safe zone, purchasing other humans beings, rescuing those being drowned/whipped/tortured, and since you haven't finished Freedom Cry, I won't spoil the ending, but it was pretty deep and emotional. All of these things have already made a good enough impact over the already existing games.

And like I said, Adewale's journey isn't that far apart from Connor's. They are quite aware of the injustice and inequality every day and are both prepared to spend their lives liberating. If there was a new Freedom Cry title, I'm more than certain the outcome will be no different from Connor's story. Heck, the 4 hours of Freedom Cry is already a good example.

ajl992008
12-29-2013, 04:04 AM
I don't think we actually do, but Connor fought for everyone's freedom and he continues to liberate slaves after AC:3.

Freedom Cry made too much of an impact out of slavery already. Call me weak hearted, but I rather no sequel at all over more slavery guilt trips. Carrying cripples to a safe zone, purchasing other humans beings, rescuing those being drowned/whipped/tortured, and since you haven't finished Freedom Cry, I won't spoil the ending, but it was pretty deep and emotional. All of these things have already made a good enough impact over the already existing games.

And like I said, Adewale's journey isn't that far apart from Connor's. They are quite aware of the injustice and inequality every day and are both prepared to spend their lives liberating. If there was a new Freedom Cry title, I'm more than certain the outcome will be no different from Connor's story. Heck, the 4 hours of Freedom Cry is already a good example.

But just imagine freedom cry's story expanded upon with new locations in the Caribbean, in Africa and many colonies, detailing adewales struggle between him wanting to fight for slaves or his duties of the assassin order (which look at the bigger picture), had they have got the team who worked on freedom cry to no. Longer develop it as dlc but as a fully fledged ac game (much like how brotherhood was meant to be an ac2 expansion) it would have made a fine game to play in 2014 while Ubi work more on ac5 and blow everyone away in 2015.

Fatal-Feit
12-29-2013, 04:10 AM
But just imagine freedom cry's story expanded upon with new locations in the Caribbean, in Africa and many colonies, detailing adewales struggle between him wanting to fight for slaves or his duties of the assassin order (which look at the bigger picture), had they have got the team who worked on freedom cry to no. Longer develop it as dlc but as a fully fledged ac game (much like how brotherhood was meant to be an ac2 expansion) it would have made a fine game to play in 2014 while Ubi work more on ac5 and blow everyone away in 2015.

I doubt Ubisoft will hold AC:V off another year regardless of a Freedom Cry sequel. They already confirmed 2 new AC titles this year for heaven's sake.

...Actually what if the other AC title happens to be a whole game for Freedom Cry? Adewale's design looked too badass for an insignificant DLC.

Savage Baird LE
12-29-2013, 04:10 AM
I don't want Freedom Cry to be it's own game, but I DO want a game centered around Ade.