PDA

View Full Version : Pistols

ACIDIC SWORDS
12-28-2013, 07:06 PM
So in the new AC you can up to four pistols and you can free aim and quick fire and I'm going to be honest when i say free aim is useless in a combat situation and only useful for an assassination headshot or a fort commander headshot. On the other hand quick fire is also overpowered because you repeatedly tap y and kill four enemies this makes brutes and captains pointless and ship boarding easy. Also lastly what are the point of them in a counter move other than a cool finish? So i am wondering what your opinion on pistols and any other tool (rope gun, blowpipe, smoke bomb,) cheers :)

DanPenfold
12-28-2013, 07:09 PM
So in the new AC you can up to four pistols and you can free aim and quick fire and I'm going to be honest when i say free aim is useless in a combat situation and only useful for an assassination headshot or a fort commander headshot. On the other hand quick fire is also overpowered because you repeatedly tap y and kill four enemies this makes brutes and captains pointless and ship boarding easy. Also lastly what are the point of them in a counter move other than a cool finish? So i am wondering what your opinion on pistols and any other tool (rope gun, blowpipe, smoke bomb,) cheers :)

You can alway's send a ticket in about this and tell them. And see what they say about it. That way you might be able to tell them what you would like to see in the game. I do not know if it's still like that but give it a go!

oliacr
12-28-2013, 07:13 PM
I haven't seen a rope gun yet. I haven't used smoke bombs that much. Blowpipe is cool it should have been lethal weapon. but then the game could have been very easy. The four pistols are great. Four shots, like in AC4 where you had double-barrelled pistols, you can imagine ac4 with 4double-barrelled pistols? 8shots... :D I would say with 8 shots till reload is easy, but four is acceptable.

mikeyf1999
12-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Funny I do not remember one shoting brutes and captains without golden flintlocks so without those 4 pistols aren't that powerful and I found the free aim to be very useful

ACIDIC SWORDS
12-28-2013, 07:16 PM
I see your point but then again the whole game is really easy i just wish free aim was more practical

DanPenfold
12-28-2013, 07:17 PM
I haven't seen a rope gun yet. I haven't used smoke bombs that much. Blowpipe is cool it should have been lethal weapon. but then the game could have been very easy. The four pistols are great. Four shots, like in AC4 where you had double-barrelled pistols, you can imagine ac4 with 4double-barrelled pistols? 8shots... :D I would say with 8 shots till reload is easy, but four is acceptable.

Trying to reload all 4 gun's takes time. But you've just got to wait for it sorry. For being nasty about this. :P

ACIDIC SWORDS
12-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Funny I do not remember one shoting brutes and captains without golden flintlocks so without those 4 pistols aren't that powerful and I found the free aim to be very useful

You don't one shot them unless its a headshot but it incapacitates them a lot faster then a counter dodge or a counter kick in the balls. When do you use free aim

oliacr
12-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Trying to reload all 4 gun's takes time. But you've just got to wait for it sorry. For being nasty about this. :P

wait what?

Honey-McBadger
12-28-2013, 07:23 PM
I think your point about the pistols is a bit damned if you do, damned if you don't. They offer free-aim for people who don't like the quick-fire, and they offer quick-fire for people who don't like free-aim. What else can they do?

They're useful in a counter move since you can shoot brutes without losing your kill-streak.

Rope dart came a later than I'd have liked, I enjoyed the blowpipe (though I tried to use it sparingly), the smoke bomb is a staple of the series and I'm glad it was there.

mikeyf1999
12-28-2013, 07:25 PM
I use free aim to take out scouts

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 07:25 PM
I used free aim a lot. Hunting would be terrible without it. I also used it a lot to kill the sentries during boarding, blowing up powder reserves etc. Or gunners when I'm not in a mood for stealth. Can't honestly say the free aim feature was useless,

mikeyf1999
12-28-2013, 07:27 PM
This^

ACIDIC SWORDS
12-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Wait what is this kill streak thing ive heard about

ACIDIC SWORDS
12-28-2013, 07:31 PM
I used free aim a lot. Hunting would be terrible without it. I also used it a lot to kill the sentries during boarding, blowing up powder reserves etc. Or gunners when I'm not in a mood for stealth. Can't honestly say the free aim feature was useless,

What i meant was it is useless in a combat situation when enemies are attacking because i also use it for hunting and assassinations where i want a headshot.

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Well in combat you're not supposed to use the free aim, instead you tap the tools button.. :p

ACIDIC SWORDS
12-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Well in combat you're not supposed to use the free aim, instead you tap the tools button.. :p

Yeah i guess haha it was stupid to even want to use free aim in a fight lol

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Try taking off golden flintlocks. Makes the game a lot more fun. I use the 3/3/3 stat pistols. They fit Edward perfectly and aren't overpowered. I use free aim for taking out people on elevated positions or from far away, or if I feel like headshotting a captain or brute, which don't die to one shot unless you headshot them.

I also use free aim all the time with the blowpipe, it's so much faster. The counter kills with tools aren't anything "better" but they're cool as hell. So are the double kills you can do with the tools if you double tap Y while in a killstreak.

MnemonicSyntax
12-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Rapid succession firing doesn't take out Brutes or Captains with one shot. You need two.

Now for double tool kills, it only takes one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiepNyZQFQs

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Rapid succession firing doesn't take out Brutes or Captains with one shot. You need two.

Now for double tool kills, it only takes one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiepNyZQFQs

Rapid firing with the golden flintlocks kills everything one shot. That's why I suggest not using them. AC is already easy enough as it is. Besides, they don't look as cool or fit Edward as well.

MnemonicSyntax
12-28-2013, 08:44 PM
It doesn't. I've had to shoot a brute twice with Golden Pistols. Multiple times, especially when ship boarding.

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 09:00 PM
It doesn't. I've had to shoot a brute twice with Golden Pistols. Multiple times, especially when ship boarding.

I'm going to go do it right now... I don't have anything set up to record it, don't even have my xbox one kinect plugged in yet, so you'll have to take my word for whatever happens.

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Just did it with the golden flintlocks in Havana. One shot two brutes and a captain.

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm guessing those were the patroling soldiers near the dock? :p

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm guessing those were the patroling soldiers near the dock? :p

By the big church by the docks.

Kirokill
12-28-2013, 09:14 PM
The golden flintlocks you get by completing all naval contracts never failed to 1 hit kill a target for me. Be it whatever. Except
The Havana captain you get to tail when the city is warned

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 09:16 PM
The golden flintlocks you get by completing all naval contracts never failed to 1 hit kill a target for me. Be it whatever. Except
The Havana captain you get to tail when the city is warned

Like I said, boring and OP. The game is easy enough. Besides, out of all the pistols in the game, the spanish officer's pistols look most like what we see Edward with in promotional material and on the cover of the game, albeit no clubbed handle or blunderbuss like barrel.

MnemonicSyntax
12-28-2013, 09:17 PM
I just did it too, and on land, it does kill one shot, but on ship boarding, I had various results. I had two different brutes in two different ships stumble back, and I had other Brutes and Captains fall.

Since I primarily use rapid succession in boarding, that's where I saw it.

Boarding combat is so weird. No double counters, no double tool kills... it's just odd. Must be a separate protocol from the regular combat script.

Interestingly enough, you can board a ship with stealth and do all that. It's when you activate the boarding sequence that the rest of the previously mentioned just goes out the window.

Kirokill
12-28-2013, 09:31 PM
Like I said, boring and OP. The game is easy enough. Besides, out of all the pistols in the game, the spanish officer's pistols look most like what we see Edward with in promotional material and on the cover of the game, albeit no clubbed handle or blunderbuss like barrel.

I just switch all of weapons to what looks best. I only felt a change with the pistols in stats. ACB/R/3/4 I never felt the sword stats did something, especially in the latest too, because all what you have to do is O, square, X, square. (B, X, A, X).

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 09:36 PM
I just switch all of weapons to what looks best. I only felt a change with the pistols in stats. ACB/R/3/4 I never felt the sword stats did something, especially in the latest too, because all what you have to do is O, square, X, square. (B, X, A, X).

The sword stats are a bit confusing. Damage doesn't mean anything except in specific instances where an enemy is already damaged from somebody else or a pistol shot that doesn't kill them, then they die in less hits. But most of the time an enemy doesn't die even if you hit him 1000 times, as long as you don't finish the combo. The actual Combo stat is the real damage, how many hits before they die and you start your combo. The number of hits aren't equal to the number in the menu, but the higher the better. Speed is also important.

The british colonial cutlasses have really good stats because of the high combo, and they look pretty cool once you equip them. They kill in around 3 hits.