PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea. and I feel like it should have been added.

FreightTrain4
12-28-2013, 03:11 AM
As I was sailing to Havana after wiping out a smugglers den, I noticed something as I sailed past the Bay of pigs. It was a huge cliff. No beach not nothing just a cliff with foliage.

I thought to myself, why did they leave these massive areas inaccessible? How much would it have taken to make these Islands like they actually were back then(trust me I was there)

Imagine how much larger in both memory space, and expansive fun that would've been if the islands were not massive rocks popping out of the water.

Thoughts?

funnyman44
12-28-2013, 03:19 AM
It comes down to how much time/resources they have to work on things. But yes, I would like this.

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 03:25 AM
These areas behind the "desynchronization imminent" warning walls are just for decoration to make the area of the world appear larger. It would be nice to explore those areas but there won't be much detail there because essentially they are just 3D backdrops.

FreightTrain4
12-28-2013, 03:42 AM
It's sad to think about. Imagine getting missions to kill explorers who are exploiting or terrorizing tribes; or coming upon a tribe under attack and you choose a side. Or something, I don't know but I feel they missed a HUGE opportunity.

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 03:44 AM
Basically they just didn't have the time or resources. Now if Black Flag had been AC5 and was the "truly next-gen" experience, then all that would've happened.

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 03:51 AM
It's sad to think about. Imagine getting missions to kill explorers who are exploiting or terrorizing tribes; or coming upon a tribe under attack and you choose a side. Or something, I don't know but I feel they missed a HUGE opportunity.
I agree, it would have been nice to explore.

Basically they just didn't have the time or resources. Now if Black Flag had been AC5 and was the "truly next-gen" experience, then all that would've happened.
All AC games have used 3D backdrops with the "desynchronization imminent" warning, it's because of the restrictions of the Animus can only render active areas.

Generally in designing games the technique of 3D backdrops are used all the time to empathise or give depth to a game area/world.

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 03:58 AM
I agree, it would have been nice to explore.

All AC games have used 3D backdrops with the "desynchronization imminent" warning, it's because of the restrictions of the Animus can only render active areas.

Generally in designing games the technique of 3D backdrops are used all the time to empathise or give depth to a game area/world.

I wasn't talking about the backdrops. I meant all the large islands that are just dense rock and jungle you can't explore. They would all be explorable.