PDA

View Full Version : What is the name of the person who is using Animus (AC4)

Atair0000
12-27-2013, 08:36 PM
I know desmond died but who is our person now??

Charles_Phipps
12-27-2013, 08:42 PM
I think you're supposed to assume it's you.

:-)

Atair0000
12-27-2013, 08:46 PM
That means..... IM RELATED TO ATAIR

Fatal-Feit
12-27-2013, 08:52 PM
That means..... IM RELATED TO ATAIR

I don't know far you're into the story but I'll be the buzz kill.

You're using Desmond's DNA.

Atair0000
12-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Ohhhhhh.....lesson learned :-)

Kagurra
12-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Character's not related to Altair obviously, but his name is Faceless Camera. Middle name Floating.

Jayden_TSoni
12-27-2013, 09:18 PM
In the game there are the initials of his name, can not remember where. Maybe AL.

oliacr
12-27-2013, 09:37 PM
It's YOU :D

adventurewomen
12-27-2013, 11:45 PM
It's You. It's what explains the first-person view of Abstergo.

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 12:04 AM
It's YOU :D

It's You. It's what explains the first-person view of Abstergo.

I didn't realize I didn't have any hands.

ze_topazio
12-28-2013, 01:05 AM
Joseph

Shahkulu101
12-28-2013, 01:07 AM
His name is Shahkulu101

ShoryukenMan
12-28-2013, 01:19 AM
I believe it's supposed to "us". However...

SPOILERS: (I don't know how to do the spoiler tags, guys) I noticed that when you get injected with whatever it was that the "Sage" injected you with, the grunt that "you" make sounds like a grunt made by a man. And if it's supposed to be us, then I doubt that female gamers make grunts like men when being stabbed in the neck with a needle. Could just be an oversight though.

Fatal-Feit
12-28-2013, 03:10 AM

SPOILERS: (I don't know how to do the spoiler tags, guys) I noticed that when you get injected with whatever it was that the "Sage" injected you with, the grunt that "you" make sounds like a grunt made by a man. And if it's supposed to be us, then I doubt that female gamers make grunts like men when being stabbed in the neck with a needle. Could just be an oversight though.

I noticed that too! I'm not a woman, but I was still pretty upset when I heard the grunt. Would of preferred the protagonist to be quiet no matter how unrealistic it would have been.

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 03:13 AM
I noticed that too! I'm not a woman, but I was still pretty upset when I heard the grunt. Would of preferred the protagonist to be quiet no matter how unrealistic it would have been.

But it's not "us". It's just a faceless floating camera character because Ubi was lazy AF. It's a dude, obviously because of the sound effects heard, just a floating faceless camera dude. Also doesn't have hands. Last time I checked I had hands.

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 03:17 AM
I didn't realize I didn't have any hands.
?

That was just slightly annoying, Ubisoft not catering to the women in Abstergo! :p

silvermercy
12-28-2013, 03:21 AM
Interesting about the grunt. I hadn't noticed that.

But I have the faint impression I got a hint I was a female (which I am in real life). lol Now if only I could remember why I got that impression! O_o (Maybe they guessed I'm female? Maybe there's an Abstergo camera spying on me through my TV? Maybe it's Maybelline?)

Fatal-Feit
12-28-2013, 03:21 AM
But it's not "us". It's just a faceless floating camera character because Ubi was lazy AF. It's a dude, obviously because of the sound effects heard, just a floating faceless camera dude. Also doesn't have hands. Last time I checked I had hands.

Blah, hands are overrated.

Forget bodies, I want some interactions! I miss those side conversations. AC:IV's side characters did not get enough screen-time so I would of appreciated some side converse, but nope. Not even in Modern Day. Can't interact with anyone and can't even choose our gender. Nope, nope ,nope.

ze_topazio
12-28-2013, 03:35 AM
Even thought they said the main character is supposed to be me, i never even once thought of him/her as being me, those diaries entries didn't help, i would never write such thing, as far as I'm concerned the faceless character is an actual character.

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 03:42 AM
Even thought they said the main character is supposed to be me, i never even once thought of him/her as being me, those diaries entries didn't help, i would never write such thing, as far as I'm concerned the faceless character is an actual character.

This. ^

Doc Possible
12-28-2013, 04:54 AM
The grunt notwithstanding, they were very careful not to make any direct references to your character's gender. Even the bathroom mirrors are cloudy, and your security pass lets you into the men's and ladies' rooms equally. The only other clue I've found is that John from IT refers to your "tender body" when he's lamenting that Juno wasn't able to download her consciousness into you -- and he's just the type of skeevy stalker who'd use that term to pay a compliment to a woman. I suppose it would also make sense that a female AI would prefer a female body but that's not dispositive.

Consus_E
12-28-2013, 06:23 AM
I wonder if they will have the modern character be related to our next protagonist?

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 10:27 AM
You are a floating tablet.

godsmack_darius
12-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Maybe the grunt could have been a macho woman? ;)

AdrianJacek
12-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Remember Otso Berg? At first they told us we were playing as a nameless/faceless Abstergo trainee in ACB/ACR mulit but then suddenly, through AC Initiates, BOOM! It was revealed that was Otso Berg all along. So as far as I'm concerned this "Tester" may get a name, a voice and a face in the future.
I also believe we play as this "guy" in AC3 Multi and AC4 and maybe in AC Liberation too. The hacker from AC3's epilogue and possibly from King Washington is a different person. But that's just a conjecture on my part.

pirate1802
12-30-2013, 11:31 AM
^That might very well be possible.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Technically speaking we are all related...everyone of us has a gene in our DNA that links back to the same one woman... (This has been scientifically proven)

AdrianJacek
12-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Technically speaking we are all related...everyone of us has a gene in our DNA that links back to the same one woman... (This has been scientifically proven)
Not in the AC-verse, though. First of all, humans were artificially created by TWCB and also remember what Tinia said in Revelations.
"And when the ash had settled, less than ten thousand of your kind still lived... and far fewer of ours."

adventurewomen
12-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Maybe the grunt could have been a macho woman? ;)
Haha! Could be! ;)

I-Like-Pie45
12-30-2013, 07:48 PM
adventurewomen, are you a macho woman?

adventurewomen
12-30-2013, 07:48 PM
adventurewomen, are you a macho woman?
Haha!!

Not in the slightest!

Consus_E
12-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Plot Twist:
We are playing as Gordon Freeman, AC4 is really Half-Life 3!

Black_Widow9
12-31-2013, 04:47 AM
Haha!!

Not in the slightest!
Don't like. You sing this in the morning. :p

http://youtu.be/AO43p2Wqc08