PDA

View Full Version : Got AC4 for Christmas, but little hesitant to open it...

No1_Assassin
12-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Thought AC3 was an absoloute woeful game, everything about it was so poor in comparison to the other games (bar AC1). The rubbish setting/level design, the slow tempo, the boring character, the bugs, the ridiculous optional objectives etc. I eventually got through it, dragged on for way too long but i'm now in a pickle whether to play AC4. Appreciate if anyone can answer the following:

1) Does this take 5 sequences before the game actually picks up?

2) Have using human shields been removed? This drarely worked for me in AC3 and whoever thought it'd be clever to only be able to use it when you're being shot at should be sacked. In fact, the entire combat was simplified in AC3 and gave the user far less control than pass AC games

3) Are the irritating 'optional' objectives back in? This hit an all time level of ridiculousness in AC3, and they aren't optional if you want to get 100% completetion. Things like not being able to hide in a hay stack to complete your mission when you're supposed to be infilitrating an area made no sense whatsoever. Every game they get worse and worse and no matter how many times Ubisoft are told they still add them in. STOP IT!

4) Fast travel - Do you still need to go and unlock fast travel points and are they more sporadic in AC4? I had to use an online guide to quickly unlock them all before I tore my hair out. Not fun.

5) How are the bugs/glitches? I found the last game froze on me constantly when I tried to initiate a mission, or when I was in battle many soldiers would attack without that red marker over their heads to warn you, or Connor would get stuck on/in an object when traversing areas and I had to quit back to the animus. Wasn't even patched by Ubisoft.

The whole experience of the last game was very frustrating, and i'm glad I didn't pay full price for it. For those who have played every AC game, is AC4 better than AC3 and how does it compare to the first two as Ezio?

TruGamer97
12-27-2013, 08:26 PM
1. For me, I felt the story picked up after the first few sequences.

2. Human shields remain and work the same as they do in AC3.

3. Optional objectives remain, however, they are far more appropriate (most of the time).

4. All viewpoints appear on the map for you to synchronize whenever you please.

5. I didn't encounter any game breaking bugs or glitches, but it should be noted that I had an equal experience with AC3.

Fatal-Feit
12-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Thought AC3 was an absoloute woeful game, everything about it was so poor in comparison to the other games (bar AC1). The rubbish setting/level design, the slow tempo, the boring character, the bugs, the ridiculous optional objectives etc. I eventually got through it, dragged on for way too long but i'm now in a pickle whether to play AC4. Appreciate if anyone can answer the following:

No problem. But first things first, if you're unable to put up with AC:3's deep story, I think it's about time you drop the series. No more baby-feeding-cliche characters/plots and the protagonists will probably continue to take a turn for the less Gary Sue, and a more darker tone with plenty of internal conflicts.

1) Does this take 5 sequences before the game actually picks up?

You will get your ship in about the first or second hours in. With that, you are just about free to do whatever you please. You may discover puzzles, pillage ships, accept contracts, attack forts, and all those good stuff before the story teaches you them. Basically, do not worry about restrictions because this game has you covered.

2) Have using human shields been removed? This drarely worked for me in AC3 and whoever thought it'd be clever to only be able to use it when you're being shot at should be sacked. In fact, the entire combat was simplified in AC3 and gave the user far less control than pass AC games

Sure, AC:3 was HERP-DERP bad. How dare they try to innovate. They are becoming COD, aren't they? Ubisoft, pl0x st0p milking the series and just make 7 more Ezio games with the same engine.

I don't know man. If AC:3's combat didn't work for you, I don't think you'll enjoy it in AC:IV either. There're less firearms to worry about if your reaction to A or X is that difficult.

3) Are the irritating 'optional' objectives back in? This hit an all time level of ridiculousness in AC3, and they aren't optional if you want to get 100% completetion. Things like not being able to hide in a hay stack to complete your mission when you're supposed to be infilitrating an area made no sense whatsoever. Every game they get worse and worse and no matter how many times Ubisoft are told they still add them in. STOP IT!

AC:IV eases up on the 100%. The most you'll have to worry about are collecting animus fragments and treasure chests for that 100% synch. It's safe to say they've heard our cries.

4) Fast travel - Do you still need to go and unlock fast travel points and are they more sporadic in AC4? I had to use an online guide to quickly unlock them all before I tore my hair out. Not fun.

Having to unlock fast travels have always been in AC so I don't see the problem. You can fast travel to any viewpoints you've visit if that'll help you sleep at night.

5) How are the bugs/glitches? I found the last game froze on me constantly when I tried to initiate a mission, or when I was in battle many soldiers would attack without that red marker over their heads to warn you, or Connor would get stuck on/in an object when traversing areas and I had to quit back to the animus. Wasn't even patched by Ubisoft.

AC:IV was definitely more refined than AC:3. You'll probably come across the same amount of glitches that was in AC:B.

The whole experience of the last game was very frustrating, and i'm glad I didn't pay full price for it. For those who have played every AC game, is AC4 better than AC3 and how does it compare to the first two as Ezio?

AC:3 is still top for me and AC:IV easily takes 2nd place. In comparison to the Ezio Trilogy, you'll be getting your money's worth.

poptartz20
12-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Wow! Fatal! You're an AC3 fan! :D I'm so happy! haha.

there really aren't enough!

oliacr
12-27-2013, 09:39 PM

I was/am a fan too since I love all AC games :)

adventurewomen
12-27-2013, 09:41 PM

Yeah! That's why I like Fatal's posts! So much truth to be said and yeah there aren't enough of us AC3 fans, we just appreciate what everyone seems to miss from AC3.

Fatal-Feit
12-27-2013, 09:43 PM

There are! It's just that the ''hardcore/day-one fans'' are the ones to speak out most of the time.

Kagurra
12-27-2013, 09:52 PM
I think he meant the underground city thing for the fast travel points. All viewpoints are now fast travel spots. And going to one will put Edward's hood up until he goes back on his ship, which you can also use a glitch to keep his hood up on the ship. You just pull out your swords before he puts the hood down and it shoots right back up.

AC4 is my favorite AC game, AC1 is second. (nothing has touched the magic it had, even though it was super repetitive. I loved the "Go into this city and kill his guy" without all the nonsense. It felt real.) So no worries. Open it up.

ze_topazio
12-27-2013, 09:56 PM
No1_Assassin disliking AC3 and praising the Ezio games around this place is strictly forbidden, prepare to be called dumb for not understanding the deep and complex plot of AC3 and the super duper realistic character that is Connor, you are also a stupid fanboy for liking Ezio, if you liked Connor more you wouldn't be a fanboy of course, and don't you dare talk about AC3 problems, the developers put a lot of effort in to it and they were very ambitious and things like that, you need to take that in consideration and feel honored to have payed money for an unfinished game full of bugs.

silvermercy
12-27-2013, 10:08 PM
I think you should be safe OP. Ezio fanboys have been praising AC4 so you should feel safe playing it. If you already got it, why not start playing? You'll know soon enough. You get into the story straight away.

Also, in regards to human shields, they still exist, but this time they work. lol

(AC3 fan here, but I actually quite liked AC4. I think there's a common consensus from both AC2 and AC3 fans here, so I think you'll definitely enjoy it. Well, if you don't, you'll be among the rarities. lol)

SixKeys
12-27-2013, 10:19 PM
How dare people have different opinions on games??

No1_Assassin
12-27-2013, 11:17 PM
There are! It's just that the ''hardcore/day-one fans'' are the ones to speak out most of the time.

Sorry? I've played the series from AC1, and AC3 is comfortably the worst of the lot. The first one was a good idea that, with tweaking, would have made it a hugely successful... and so it did. AC2 was a vast improvement in all areas, AC:B was good but by Revelations it needed something fresh, concluded the Ezio story nicely, but this 'innovation' you harped on about in your previous post simply didn't work for AC3. Speaking of which, what was so innovative about it? To me it was a huge step backwards.

Different character, few new animations, can now parkour through trees as well as buildings.... pretty much all the previous animations returned, no progression whatsoever on the combat system, still confined to doing certain things such as using a shield or shooting your weapon when an enemy is highlighted, or when on missions not being allowed outside an area or do things a certain way without desyncronising, same stale animus menu style with ridiculous loading times, and the fast travel system was NOT in previous games, you simply went to one of the icons on the map to go where you wanted, you didn't need to spend hours in a dark maze trying to find doors to unlock.

It's bug ridden and I don't know whether it was inspired by Red Dead Redemption, but the hunting system was completely out of place in the AC world. Just a sloppy attempt, and I think the crafting system sums it up. What appears to be a very fleshed out way to make money was horribly executed. How many people took the time to use it? I got to Sequence 10 before I looked at it and it was overwhelming... and quite pointless as I started trying to figure it out. You can make more money just killing a load of bears and selling the goods at a store. Horrendous way to get upgrades aswell when previously all you had to do was just buy a larger pouch or better sword etc.

Just a complete lack of effort went into this game, and saying they even attempted to be innovative it laughable.

Cheers to all who've posted anyway, i'll give it a shot. Was a gift afterall, but I think if it's anything like the previous games, it'll be my last, just gone very stale. Reminds me of the FIFA series. EA have failed to make hardly any improvements for the past four or five years now, and the same editing system has been there for almost a decade. It's not just the gameplay, it's the whole damn thing.

Fatal-Feit
12-27-2013, 11:24 PM
Sorry? I've played the series from AC1, and AC3 is comfortably the worst of the lot. The first one was a good idea that, with tweaking, would have made it a hugely successful... and so it did. AC2 was a vast improvement in all areas, AC:B was good but by Revelations it needed something fresh, concluded the Ezio story nicely, but this 'innovation' you harped on about in your previous post simply didn't work for AC3. Speaking of which, what was so innovative about it? To me it was a huge step backwards.

Different character, few new animations, can now parkour through trees as well as buildings.... pretty much all the previous animations returned, no progression whatsoever on the combat system, still confined to doing certain things such as using a shield or shooting your weapon when an enemy is highlighted, or when on missions not being allowed outside an area or do things a certain way without desyncronising, same stale animus menu style with ridiculous loading times, and the fast travel system was NOT in previous games, you simply went to one of the icons on the map to go where you wanted, you didn't need to spend hours in a dark maze trying to find doors to unlock.

It's bug ridden and I don't know whether it was inspired by Red Dead Redemption, but the hunting system was completely out of place in the AC world. Just a sloppy attempt, and I think the crafting system sums it up. What appears to be a very fleshed out way to make money was horribly executed. How many people took the time to use it? I got to Sequence 10 before I looked at it and it was overwhelming... and quite pointless as I started trying to figure it out. You can make more money just killing a load of bears and selling the goods at a store. Horrendous way to get upgrades aswell when previously all you had to do was just buy a larger pouch or better sword etc.

Just a complete lack of effort went into this game, and saying they even attempted to be innovative it laughable.

Cheers to all who've posted anyway, i'll give it a shot. Was a gift afterall, but I think if it's anything like the previous games, it'll be my last, just gone very stale. Reminds me of the FIFA series. EA have failed to make hardly any improvements for the past four or five years now, and the same editing system has been there for almost a decade. It's not just the gameplay, it's the whole damn thing.

It's a shame you couldn't get the same amount of enjoyment out of it as I have. Perhaps you can write a list of things and changes you want after you're done with AC:IV.

MnemonicSyntax
12-27-2013, 11:28 PM

What? AC3 had entirely new animations. There were all new animations besides the most commonly used ones like leaps of faith, etc. The combat system was insanely well done. This isn't a matter of opinion, it improved greatly. Counter tool killing was also a blast and not only did Haytham have his own sword animations, Connor's were completely different from his fathers.

Out of place? To a Mohawk Indian whose livelihood before becoming an Assassin was trapping and killing animals as well, not only for sustenance but for skins as well? Right...

The crafting system I'll give you, however once you learned it, it wasn't too bad. It was just the menus that weren't very intuitive for the crafting.

AC3 was highly innovative. I'm not even sure you played the same game now. It also sounds like you sorta want to rush through these games, and have most everything handed to you (pouches, upgrades, weapons, etc.) If you ARE wanting to rush, I wish you luck in AC4 then. It's a game that you should take your time to enjoy.

Though, how can you make improvements to a soccer game? In the end, it's pitch, a ball, two goals and 22 men.

No1_Assassin
12-27-2013, 11:31 PM
It's a shame you couldn't get the same amount of enjoyment out of it as I have. Perhaps you can write a list of things and changes you want after you're done with AC:IV.

I wish i could. I'll give it a go but i'd like to think Ubisoft have something special lined up for the PS4 in the future.

No1_Assassin
12-27-2013, 11:38 PM
What? AC3 had entirely new animations. There were all new animations besides the most commonly used ones like leaps of faith, etc. The combat system was insanely well done. This isn't a matter of opinion, it improved greatly. Counter tool killing was also a blast and not only did Haytham have his own sword animations, Connor's were completely different from his fathers.

Out of place? To a Mohawk Indian whose livelihood before becoming an Assassin was trapping and killing animals as well, not only for sustenance but for skins as well? Right...

The crafting system I'll give you, however once you learned it, it wasn't too bad. It was just the menus that weren't very intuitive for the crafting.

AC3 was highly innovative. I'm not even sure you played the same game now. It also sounds like you sorta want to rush through these games, and have most everything handed to you (pouches, upgrades, weapons, etc.) If you ARE wanting to rush, I wish you luck in AC4 then. It's a game that you should take your time to enjoy.

Though, how can you make improvements to a soccer game? In the end, it's pitch, a ball, two goals and 22 men.

I put 35 hours into AC3 - I've got Platinum on the last two games and you probably missed my point about the god awful character, so i'll let the rest of that slide.

As for 'soccer' games, have you played the FIFA series? Or PES? Play FIFA 09 then FIFA 13, then tell me improvements can't be made - both from PS3 generation as well. The lack of improvements to the presentation of that series is shocking actually.

MnemonicSyntax
12-27-2013, 11:44 PM
I put 35 hours into AC3 - I've got Platinum on the last two games and you probably missed my point about the god awful character, so i'll let the rest of that slide.

As for 'soccer' games, have you played the FIFA series? Or PES? Play FIFA 09 then FIFA 13, then tell me improvements can't be made - both from PS3 generation as well. The lack of improvements to the presentation of that series is shocking actually.

I didn't miss your point about the god awful character. It's not worth mentioning because that's your opinion and I won't change that. Thanks for letting that slide though. Strawman argument for something that was actually discussion worthy.

The rest though, is fact. New animations, better combat system, dynamic AI, etc.

I've played a few FIFA games, but I wouldn't call any changes innovative, because at the end it's pretty much the same. You're going to get to a stopping point where physics, AI etc. are going to be at it's limits and there won't be too much room for "innovation." Assassin's Creed? yeah. That could innovate more. There's more that could be done.

No1_Assassin
12-28-2013, 12:09 AM
I didn't miss your point about the god awful character. It's not worth mentioning because that's your opinion and I won't change that. Thanks for letting that slide though. Strawman argument for something that was actually discussion worthy.

The rest though, is fact. New animations, better combat system, dynamic AI, etc.

I've played a few FIFA games, but I wouldn't call any changes innovative, because at the end it's pretty much the same. You're going to get to a stopping point where physics, AI etc. are going to be at it's limits and there won't be too much room for "innovation." Assassin's Creed? yeah. That could innovate more. There's more that could be done.

.. and it wasn't done in Assassin's Creed 3!!!

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 12:11 AM

This isn't about 3, it's about 4. Which is an amazing game.

Injuring
12-28-2013, 12:12 AM
I hated the Connor game to, but I love Black Flag. Consider yourself safe.

MnemonicSyntax
12-28-2013, 12:23 AM

Yes it was. An entirely new combat system with new animations, a way to attract guards, stalking zones, blending animations, naval mechanics, treerunning, hunting, crafting, etc.

All that, is innovative. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it wasn't innovative.

poptartz20
12-28-2013, 12:42 AM

Actually I am a day one fan myself!. Granted by the time I got my PS3 Brotherhood had just come out about 2-3 mos ago but I started at 1 and worked my way up and Pre-Ordered Revelations to get it later that year! But I had trouble finishing Revelations because I was honestly tired of Ezio and ready for his story to end. Plus some of the game mechanics got boring. I didn't dislike Ezio,,, just after awhile I got tired of him. and and AC2 he was just a cocky SOB who was annoying in a way.

Yeah! That's why I like Fatal's posts! So much truth to be said and yeah there aren't enough of us AC3 fans, we just appreciate what everyone seems to miss from AC3.

True That! It's funny because I'm playing AC3 right now even though I haven't finished AC4! I'm enjoying 4 and it's a ton of fun but its just something about 3 that I absolutely love! still my favorite!

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 12:58 AM
True That! It's funny because I'm playing AC3 right now even though I haven't finished AC4! I'm enjoying 4 and it's a ton of fun but its just something about 3 that I absolutely love! still my favorite!
That's the same with me, I finished AC4 on Tuesday, and I feel like going back and replaying AC3 because honestly I enjoyed AC3 better than 4. There's just that I feel more connected to AC3 because of the history attached to it. Having said that after playing AC4 some parts of Edward's personality directly remind me of Ezio - the Ezio fans really like AC4 because Edward reminds them of Ezio.

AC2 still to this day is still over-hyped - to the point where fans can't see past AC2.

Shahkulu101
12-28-2013, 01:06 AM
That's the same with me, I finished AC4 on Tuesday, and I feel like going back and replaying AC3 because honestly I enjoyed AC3 better than 4. There's just that I feel more connected to AC3 because of the history attached to it. Having said that after playing AC4 some parts of Edward's personality directly remind me of Ezio - the Ezio fans really like AC4 because Edward reminds them of Ezio.

AC2 still to this day is still over-hyped - to the point where fans can't see past AC2.

Edward did not remotely remind me of Ezio, like at all. Please provide examples. Stop being so arrogant and talking for people yourself - like there's no other reason other than Ezio that makes people prefer AC4. AC4 is just better in every way, gameplay wise.

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 01:13 AM
Edward did not remotely remind me of Ezio, like at all. Please provide examples. Stop being so arrogant and talking for people yourself - like there's no other reason other than Ezio that makes people prefer AC4. AC4 is just better in every way, gameplay wise.
Sorry if I came across as being arrogant as I didn't mean to sound that way, I'm not talking for everyone I'm just simply stating what I have seen talked about on AC social media.

There was just quirks of Edward that reminded me of Ezio.. that's just my opinion..

ze_topazio
12-28-2013, 01:14 AM
Like i said before Connor hardcore fans have a huge inferiority complex about Ezio, they speak about Ezio way more than the actual Ezio fans, they compare Connor to Ezio all the time, blame everything on Ezio, everything somehow ends up on Ezio.

Leave Ezio alone.

http://fuuka.warosu.org/data/fa/img/0069/18/1379445660823.jpg

Savage Baird LE
12-28-2013, 01:14 AM
Give the game a go. I think you'll really enjoy it!

Shahkulu101
12-28-2013, 01:17 AM
Sorry if I came across as being arrogant as I didn't mean to sound that way, I'm not talking for everyone I'm just simply stating what I have seen talked about on AC social media.

There was just quirks of Edward that reminded me of Ezio.. that's just my opinion..

Edward also had traits that reminded me of Connor, how convenient of you to not notice them.

Savage Baird LE
12-28-2013, 01:19 AM
Edward also had traits that reminded me of Connor, how convenient of you to not notice them.
Or Edward just didn't remind adventurewomen of Connor.

Insert cheesy "Can't we all just be friends?" line here.

Edit: Oops, nevermind.

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 01:22 AM
I did notice that Edward had traits similar to Connor, they are related and that is what is expected.

Shahkulu101
12-28-2013, 01:25 AM
I did notice that Edward had traits similar to Connor, they are related and that is what is expected.

I quite liked to draw connections from the Kenway line. Let's drop this whole thing and love the Kenways! 4 lyf yo

silvermercy
12-28-2013, 01:25 AM
To be fair I think Edward had both Ezio and Connor characteristics. And maybe a little of Haytham, too. lol

(I don't know if I'm imagining things (well, probably) but I swear I've been hearing Connor's voice at times when Edward speaks on the Jackdaw or the rowboat! haha I'm like "come again, Connor, is dat u!?" O_o Maybe I'm getting sea-sickness and, thus, hallucinating. lmao!

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 01:28 AM
I quite liked to draw connections from the Kenway line. Let's drop this whole thing and love the Kenways! 4 lyf yo
Consider it already dropped! :)

To be fair I think Edward had both Ezio and Connor characteristics. And maybe a little of Haytham, too. lol

(I don't know if I'm imagining things (well, probably) but I swear I've been hearing Connor's voice at times when Edward speaks on the Jackdaw or the rowboat! haha I'm like "come again, Connor, is dat u!?" O_o Maybe I'm getting sea-sickness and, thus, hallucinating. lmao!
Agreed! Truth!

You know whats even more freaky if you make Edward wear Connor's outfit (Eddie resembles Connor is some ways) and you sail and when Edward shouts commands then it's like Connor all over again! :D

Fatal-Feit
12-28-2013, 02:58 AM

I'm not trying to start anything, but HAVE you checked the comment sections of anything AC:4 and Edward Kenway related? I mean, before the game came out. There were ridiculous amounts of people saying something along the lines of ''Edward is JUST LIKE ENZIO! SERIES REVIVED.''

No, really, there were tonnes of those. I've gotten into countless amount of arguments over that topic. There was this one lad that said they were exactly alike simply because of how Edward picked up the assassin's robe in the trailer. This was a thing that happened, man. =S

EDIT; On Youtube, of course.

silvermercy
12-28-2013, 03:00 AM
I think the trailer versions made him look more like Ezio compared to the actual game. (I'm so glad it wasn't as in the trailers).

Shahkulu101
12-28-2013, 03:10 AM
I'm not trying to start anything, but HAVE you checked the comment sections of anything AC:4 and Edward Kenway related? I mean, before the game came out. There were ridiculous amounts of people saying something along the lines of ''Edward is JUST LIKE ENZIO! SERIES REVIVED.''

No, really, there were tonnes of those. I've gotten into countless amount of arguments over that topic. There was this one lad that said they were exactly alike simply because of how Edward picked up the assassin's robe in the trailer. This was a thing that happened, man. =S

EDIT; On Youtube, of course.

Oh yes, I was totally aware. Our very own Silvermercy and Assassin_M made sure of that. :p

ze_topazio
12-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Since when did we start taking serious stupid comments made by stupid kids on Youtube?

Edward never looked like Ezio not even on the first few trailers, just because we saw him with some prostitutes doesn't make him similar to Ezio, men have liked women ever since Buddha or whatever created us, that scene served to show part of the pirate lifestyle, i have to admit that scene was most likely inspired by a similar scene in the AC2 CGI trailer when Ezio pays some courtesans to distract his targets.

Megas_Doux
12-28-2013, 03:33 AM
Here we go again!

ze_topazio
12-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Here we go again!

Never gets old.

Megas_Doux
12-28-2013, 04:05 AM
Never gets old.

It does not, unfortunately.....

By the way, I will try to summarize the comparison into some points:

Story?
AC III, and that is because I will ALWAYS take the dark/complex approach over a lighthearted one. I appreciate the fact Connor is a very original kind of character, one that is not very popular. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, there is NO Haytham Kenway in AC IV :P

Mission Design?
AC IV by MILESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I even say it has the best stealth/freedom in the series, many more assassinations than AC III and way better done. That applies also to many of the rest of non naval missions in the main quest and side activities. Speaking of which.......

Side Quests/Free roam???
AC IV, The caribbean although unlikely at first, has been the best developed setting in terms of immersion, its soundtrack is probably the best after AC II. There is tons of stuff to do also, I would say it can be compared with Red Dead redemption in that matter for instance, the plantations being the highlight other than boarding ships, which I find addictive haha.

Combat?
AC III, I just cant stop slaughtering waves of enemies! Connor is so agile, yet so BRUTAL with its tomahawk, unlike many here, I really like the double counter animations, and a wider range of weapons too, and do not forget Haytham, whose style is completely different to that of his son. AC IV is fine, but I find it to be a step behind in terms of how much fun I had and still have......

Many people consider AC IV to be the second best game in the series after AC II,that may guide you. And also, there are some here who praised AC I for its freedom and mission design, that genuinely enjoyed AC IV.

It is up to you......

mikeyf1999
12-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Actually hayt ham is in the game (but won't say how)

Kawwah
12-28-2013, 09:09 AM
I am a bit of a history freak, so while having fun killing guards and stealthing around, I mainly play Assassins Creed games for the history. Being able to explore this old world is very appealing to me, and meeting all these cool historical figures.

I actually got into the Assassins Creed series with AC3. I always loved the American revolution and getting to experience it first hand was awesome. I then bought AC1 and ended up quitting it again because it was just too repetitive for me. AC2 and Brotherhood were fun as well, but AC3 just had deeper exploration, collectibles, great historical figures and stunning landscapes, so it pulled me right in.

I am close 100% in AC4 and I have enjoyed the hell out of this game as well

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 10:30 AM

Me neither. After all the hoopla created here about him being Ezio 2.0, they never showed him having sex or implying it a single time. Take about jumping the gun. But seriously, he reminded me more of Haytham. And not Ezio at all. Infact hes the complete opposite of Ezio. Selfish, brash, rough. Guess I'm weird.

EchoFiveKilo
12-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Sure, AC:3 was HERP-DERP bad. How dare they try to innovate. They are becoming COD, aren't they? Ubisoft, pl0x st0p milking the series and just make 7 more Ezio games with the same engine.

I wish this would be Ubisofts official reply/statement to childish AC3 haters and blind AC2 lovers.

silvermercy
12-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Me neither. After all the hoopla created here about him being Ezio 2.0, they never showed him having sex or implying it a single time. Take about jumping the gun. But seriously, he reminded me more of Haytham. And not Ezio at all. Infact hes the complete opposite of Ezio. Selfish, brash, rough. Guess I'm weird.
They did actually. In the Inagua hideout where he chases those females. I was transported into a bedroom with 3 women. One was lying in bed, the other was smoking a cigar. And the other was... just er... standing there. lol (I thought this was unnecessary, and left a slightly bad taste in my mouth, especially since he was supposed to be still married and not like other pirates). Also, James Kidd finds him passed out drunk on a table with a woman almost on top of him. And then, he's talking about STDs and cures with Barts. I hope he didn't catch one! lmao (or gave one to his 2nd wife... O_o)

roostersrule2
12-28-2013, 11:54 AM

AC2 still to this day is still over-hyped - to the point where fans can't see past AC2.I'm not sure what's stupider your first or second statement?

You say people only like AC4 because of Ezio? You must think it's some sort of crime to like Ezio or AC4? Or that anyone who likes another game more then AC3 must have a strange reason.

AC2 is a great game, it's not over-hyped at all, it's hard to over-hype a game from 4 years ago, the only AC game that was over-hyped was AC3. If you mean overrated then you're wrong again, AC2 isn't overrated it's just the most liked AC game. Also speaking of fans not seeing past game what about you and AC3, I've never seen you praise another AC game or fault AC3.

roostersrule2
12-28-2013, 11:57 AM
They did actually. In the Inagua hideout where he chases those females. I was transported into a bedroom with 3 women. One was lying in bed, the other was smoking a cigar. And the other was... just er... standing there. lol (I thought this was unnecessary, and left a slightly bad taste in my mouth, especially since he was supposed to be still married and not like other pirates). Also, James Kidd finds him passed out drunk on a table with a woman almost on top of him. And then, he's talking about STDs and cures with Barts. I hope he didn't catch one! lmao (or gave one to his 2nd wife... O_o)Apparently that wasn't meant to be in the game, the first one anyway. I'm not sure how it got there though.

The second one was no more then what Altair did to Maria in AC2 though, I don't think anyone saw Altair as sex-craved after that.

ze_topazio
12-28-2013, 12:13 PM
I wish this would be Ubisofts official reply/statement to childish AC3 haters and blind AC2 lovers.

This is what really annoys me about AC3 hardcore fans, this arrogance, the way they like to discredit fans of the other games as brainless kids, as mere fanboys, completely convinced that they are smarter and more mature for some unknown reason.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/150e257a140d3ce8ae17431e82c9b386/tumblr_mhvmsc2VPS1s4iozfo1_1280.jpg

Megas_Doux
12-28-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm not sure what's stupider your first or second statement?

You say people only like AC4 because of Ezio? You must think it's some sort of crime to like Ezio or AC4? Or that anyone who likes another game more then AC3 must have a strange reason.

AC2 is a great game, it's not over-hyped at all, it's hard to over-hype a game from 4 years ago, the only AC game that was over-hyped was AC3. If you mean overrated then you're wrong again, AC2 isn't overrated it's just the most liked AC game. Also speaking of fans not seeing past game what about you and AC3, I've never seen you praise another AC game or fault AC3.

AC II and being overrated and ACII underrated are opinions, you may disagree with those and it is fine, but you CANT tell anyone how to feel about a game.

Shahkulu101
12-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Even if he did get giddy with a few 'dancers' there's no need to berate the man. He's estranged from his wife, he has primitive urges unfortunately.

And just because he has sex doesn't really make him similar to Ezio. It would be different if he was a womanizer, which was one of Ezio's traits, but there's not much evidence of this. Edward was actually a pretty nice guy, he respected all sexes, races and backgrounds - a scoundrel with integrity haha

roostersrule2
12-28-2013, 12:21 PM
This is what really annoys me about AC3 hardcore fans, this arrogance, the way they like to discredit fans of the other games as brainless kids, as mere fanboys, completely convinced that they are smarter and more mature for some unknown reason.This x10000000.

AC II and being overrated and ACII underrated are opinions, you may disagree with those and it is fine, but you CANT tell anyone how to feel about a game.Not really, I'm talking about a general consensus. Overall AC2 is not overrated nor underrated.

silvermercy
12-28-2013, 12:25 PM
He's estranged from his wife, he has primitive urges unfortunately.
Yes, I suppose... (I just hope those urges stopped when he met Tesha!! lol That's why I was bummed we got to see no Tesha in the game. He proved to be a good dad but we got no clear indication of him transforming to a good husband. There was no united family union in the opera as I was expecting, just him and the kids. I still wonder if it was just lack of screen time they didn't get to show her or something else...)

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Yes, I suppose... (I just hope those urges stopped when he met Tesha!! lol That's why I was bummed we got to see no Tesha in the game. He proved to be a good dad but we got no clear indication of him transforming to a good husband. There was no united family union in the opera as I was expecting, just him and the kids. I still wonder if it was just lack of screen time they didn't get to show her or something else...)
True!

Damn Tesha must have been doing something right to stop Edward's urges. ;)

roostersrule2
12-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Yes, I suppose... (I just hope those urges stopped when he met Tesha!! lol That's why I was bummed we got to see no Tesha in the game. He proved to be a good dad but we got no clear indication of him transforming to a good husband. There was no united family union in the opera as I was expecting, just him and the kids. I still wonder if it was just lack of screen time they didn't get to show her or something else...)I think you're thinking way to deep about a minor subject. He was a changed man in more ways then one.

silvermercy
12-28-2013, 12:31 PM
True!

Damn Tesha must have been doing something right to stop Edward's urges. ;)
pfff aaahahahahaa!!! This made me spit out my morning coffee!! (No, literally! I have coffee stains on my laptop now! LMAO!!!)

edit: yeah, maybe I'm over-thinking it. lol Did Tessa die years later from the HPV virus Edward gave her?
okay okay I'll stop now! :p

Shahkulu101
12-28-2013, 12:31 PM

I imagine they wouldn't stop - he'd just satisfiy them with his wife.

The ending also surprised me, I wasn't expecting to see Tessa (had no idea who she was) but was strangely hoping for a heart wrenching death scene. If it weren't for the book a scene like that could hit us square in the feels, like John Marston's death. Then, an epilogue of Haytham - killing Birch.

Megas_Doux
12-28-2013, 12:32 PM
This x10000000.

Not really, I'm talking about a general consensus. Overall AC2 is not overrated nor underrated.

It is an opinion based on her perception due to the fact that MANY like ACII and she does not. When you do not like something and the rest of the world does, you will find that something overrated, just the way I feel about Star wars, GTA IV, ACB, U2 the rock band, etc.

Shahkulu101
12-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Don't bring my baby ACBH into this, Doux...

It gets me angry....

:p

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 12:36 PM
pfff aaahahahahaa!!! This made me spit out my morning coffee!! (No, literally! I have coffee stains on my laptop now! LMAO!!!)

edit: yeah, maybe I'm over-thinking it. lol
LMAO I'm happy to have made you laugh! YAY! :D

:eek: Sorry about the coffee stains on your laptop.

You're not over-thinking, what you said it's true.. Edward became a better man, husband & father when he met Tesha. :)

silvermercy
12-28-2013, 12:36 PM
I imagine they wouldn't stop - he'd just satisfiy them with his wife.

The ending also surprised me, I wasn't expecting to see Tessa (had no idea who she was) but was strangely hoping for a heart wrenching death scene. If it weren't for the book a scene like that could hit us square in the feels, like John Marston's death. Then, an epilogue of Haytham - killing Birch.

Yes, you are strange. lol

oliacr
12-28-2013, 12:42 PM

Stranger than expected :D (get it)

Shahkulu101
12-28-2013, 12:43 PM

I love those feels man - I kinda wanted them to show his death, so I could see it was not for nothing. The way the book puts it (well I read on the wiki but still) he falls rather pathetically with two henchmen striking him down - Edward the Legend killed like that, meh.

I hoped the game would rectify that - show him a little more respect. I was sort of relived in the end, seeing him a fulfilled, happy family man warmed my heart after everything he went through.

Still though, most of me wanted my heart to be ripped out by his death!

Megas_Doux
12-28-2013, 12:43 PM
This is what really annoys me about AC3 hardcore fans, this arrogance, the way they like to discredit fans of the other games as brainless kids, as mere fanboys, completely convinced that they are smarter and more mature for some unknown reason.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/150e257a140d3ce8ae17431e82c9b386/tumblr_mhvmsc2VPS1s4iozfo1_1280.jpg

It is their version of "Connor is not an assassin, blah blah blah" which is MUCH more common though..

roostersrule2
12-28-2013, 12:45 PM
It is an opinion based on her perception due to the fact that MANY like ACII and she does not. When you do not like something and the rest of the world does, you will find that something overrated, just the way I feel about Star wars, GTA IV, ACB, U2 the rock band, etc.Just because you don't like something that others do doesn't make it overrated?

Also Star Wars being overrated is blasphemy.

roostersrule2
12-28-2013, 12:49 PM
It is their version of "Connor is not an assassin, blah blah blah" which is MUCH more common though..I've never heard this?

Although it's more then likely been said, anyhow that is an attack of a character, what ze-topazio was referring too was that most Hardcore AC3 fans think Ezio and AC2 fans are mindless, moronic, fanboys. Which is belittling a fanbase rather then a character.

The Ezio equivalent of Connor not being an Assassin would be that Ezio is a character with no depth and was only made to please fans, both statements are stupid.

Shahkulu101
12-28-2013, 12:52 PM
I've never heard this?

Although it's more then likely been said, anyhow that is an attack of a character, what ze-topazio was referring too was that most Hardcore AC3 fans think Ezio and AC2 fans are mindless, moronic, fanboys. Which is belittling a fanbase rather then a character.

The Ezio equivalent of Connor not being an Assassin would be that Ezio is a character with no depth and was only made to please fans, both statements are stupid.

Nothing is true - except this statement.

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Edward was actually a pretty nice guy, he respected all sexes, races and backgrounds - a scoundrel with integrity haha

That reminds me of what me friend said of him: He makes you cringe and respect him at the same time. An honorable bastard. Why I like him.

The best example that he's not Ezio: If he was Ezio he'd have hit on Anne the first opportunity he got.

ze_topazio
12-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Other than his obsession with getting rich, which quite frankly never seemed really that obsessive, Edward was not any worse guy than all the previous Assassins.

Megas_Doux
12-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Just because you don't like something that others do doesn't make it overrated?

Also Star Wars being overrated is blasphemy.

That is exactly what underrated, overrated and just like something is.....Opinons that no one could never make 100% rational.
And in regards of Star Wars , well I am atheist :P

Being serious, I just cant see why all the hype about it, no great
single performances by any actors, no deep story, only special effects and an engagging universe.

roostersrule2
12-28-2013, 01:32 PM
That is exactly what underrated, overrated and just like something is.....Opinons that no one could never make 100% rational.
And in regards of Star Wars , well I am atheist :P

single performances by any actors, no deep stiry inky giid soecial effects and an engagging universe.Yea maybe idk but no way Star Wars is overrated.

It had Darth Vader and badass quotable lines.

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Star Wars is overrated. *flees*

Dev_Anj
12-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Yay, Star Wars is not overrated because it has a villain and catchy quotes! :p

roostersrule2
12-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Star Wars is overrated. *flees*You are a flea, this Star Wars hate is beyond unacceptable.

Star Wars is better then Bacon, just.

ze_topazio
12-28-2013, 02:02 PM
single performances by any actors, no deep story, only special effects and an engaging universe.

Ain't that enough? it's entertaining, and deep =/= good.

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Yay, Star Wars is not overrated because it has a villain and catchy quotes! :p

Thats Rooster being just rooster. :p

No1_Assassin
12-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Oh yeh, the other thing I thought of - Naval Missions. Did anyone enjoy them? Staggered at the level of bugs in it too. Example - the mission 'A Call For Help' immediately has you careering straight for a rock, and by the time you gain control you have no time to move whatsoever. Who on earth sails that ship so close to shore anyway? Then you have to shoot down 20 odd ships AND maintain 25% of the other ships health at the same time. The more I think about it the more it annoys me. AC3 is definately the worst in the series. Just bad from start to finish, and moments of good are usually outweighed by all the bad.

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Oh yeh, the other thing I thought of - Naval Missions. Did anyone enjoy them? Staggered at the level of bugs in it too. Example - the mission 'A Call For Help' immediately has you careering straight for a rock, and by the time you gain control you have no time to move whatsoever. Who on earth sails that ship so close to shore anyway? Then you have to shoot down 20 odd ships AND maintain 25% of the other ships health at the same time. The more I think about it the more it annoys me. AC3 is definately the worst in the series. Just bad from start to finish, and moments of good are usually outweighed by all the bad.
I enjoyed the Naval & Privateer missions of AC3. I felt like they prepared us for AC4.

No1_Assassin
12-28-2013, 03:16 PM
lol. As long as they're optional I guess. From memory the one called The Chase also has a cutscene where the ship your trying to protect gets 20-30% damage when you have no control. If the bugs are ironed out for AC4 I may attempt to try it without having to rage quit.