PDA

View Full Version : Ac4 - Negative feedback

Xstream777
12-27-2013, 03:40 PM
That’s it. After AC4 im official done with your games Ubisoft. My tolerance has a limit you know. This game will remind me to never buy a Ubisoft game, EVER!

As if its not bad enough to release a bugged game and using your own consumers and fans as beta testers. Really don’t you have a proper debug team?

Then you guys come up with this social event crap that is also bugged as hell, and tie this also by unlocking weapons and cheats of Abstergo challenges. And you know what, even though I plundered 3 royal convoys, it didn’t get the Aquila figurehead.

So as a person who is suffering from bugs all the time, I submit a support ticket. Instead of getting support, i get more frustration by a guy named Immanuel who doesn’t know anything about their own products. Stubbornly kept his conclusion that I required xbox live gold for social events, despite I proved him with pictures that it does work without xbox live gold. Only problem is its bugged and not appearing on the map. Real professional to start a “I’m right and you are wrong” discussion with your customer.

Next, community challenges and tie it with unlockable stuff too. We waited and waited for a community challenge for a long time, suddenly you guys decide to release it during Christmas. Please tell me, do you guys lack common sense or are you just trolling your fans?

About DLC, who’s bright idea was it to announce DLC before the game even gets released? And im not talking about pre-order goodies, but about Freedom Cry. Either u guys are trying to change the definition of “added content” or just have bad marketing. And I thought Capcom was the one who liked to milk money out with their games.

Speaking about milking, i would have been satisfied if the pre-order stuff was DLC. Heck I would have been satisfied if the community challenge rewards was DLC. But no you also trying to sell overpriced cheap plastic figurines and tie that too with exclusive DLC.

So there you have it, my honest feedback to you. Assuming this would be ignored by Ubisoft, at least I got to ventilate. Well ventilate is an understatement, but still…

P.S. I posted this on AC Initiates but my thread got closed and got redirected here

marcbryan
12-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Get a hobby, mate. Perhaps computer programming?

oliacr
12-27-2013, 03:56 PM

Not a bad start at all.

Xstream777
12-27-2013, 04:08 PM

ohohohoho, I gettid I gettid, u funny guy

So what is your hobby mate? Don't tell me it giving wise remarks to people like me? Or was that supposed to troll me? Either way, change your hobby mate.

SRDRACCO
12-27-2013, 04:14 PM
get a hobby !! well you just sum up the idiocy that is uplay. 3 million ships .. 9 million warehouse .. BS .. then even doing your part not enough you gotta hope rest do to .. well we see how that gonna work .. their reply to something real .. not constructive at all .. not even intelligent actually .. get a hobby .. such is the state of AC

funnyman44
12-27-2013, 05:19 PM
You do need LIVE for social events to function. Sounds like you're just mad over trivial things. Oh and this exact thing happened with BF4.

MnemonicSyntax
12-27-2013, 06:01 PM
I have to agree. The figures don't even come with anything that would be considered "worth it." The weapon stats are low, and the sails are fairly plain. The reason to buy the toys is to buy the toys, not the DLC. The DLC is an added bonus, nothing more.

So far I have the entire Kenway family and I love them! Very detailed and fun to pose and mess with!

adventurewomen
12-27-2013, 06:10 PM
I have to agree. The figures don't even come with anything that would be considered "worth it." The weapon stats are low, and the sails are fairly plain. The reason to buy the toys is to buy the toys, not the DLC. The DLC is an added bonus, nothing more.

So far I have the entire Kenway family and I love them! Very detailed and fun to pose and mess with!
I would like the Connor Sails that come with McFarlane's Connor figure, I'll buy that soon. :)

MnemonicSyntax
12-27-2013, 06:13 PM
I would like the Connor Sails that come with McFarlane's Connor figure, I'll buy that soon. :)

If I hadn't redeemed them already, I would just give them to you.

Xstream777
12-27-2013, 06:48 PM
You do need LIVE for social events to function. Sounds like you're just mad over trivial things. Oh and this exact thing happened with BF4.

I'm not talking about xbox live, im talking about Gold membership. And you do not require Gold membership to share social events, or kenwayfleet, or community challanges. The only thing you can't do is to play multiplayer obviously, which is the biggest purpose of Gold membership to begin with.

So from your point of view, a consumer that buys a game that does not work 100% is trival? Failing the community because putting it up right during the time of Christmas were most of the world is doing happy stuff with their family is trival? marcbryan guy over there may think i may not have a hobby, but i certainly have a life to not ditch christmas time for clearing near-impossible community challenges. I think most of us who play the game do.

Thats just a matter of opinion. I'm sure there are fans out there that like to collect stuff like that. But i still think that most of us playing the game are more interested about the DLC it holds.

You like to collect figures, i like to clear my games 100% and unlock or purchace content. In my case, can't unlock the final abstergo cheat, can't unlock social event stuff cause its bugged, or community challenge stuff cause its near-impossible to clear especialy during christmas.

You know what the difference is, you got what you paid for. How would you feel if your figure was missing a hand or the bonus DLC or something?

adventurewomen
12-27-2013, 07:19 PM
If I hadn't redeemed them already, I would just give them to you.
Ah that's okay. :)

Torvaldesq
12-27-2013, 09:30 PM
That’s it. After AC4 im official done with your games Ubisoft. My tolerance has a limit you know. This game will remind me to never buy a Ubisoft game, EVER!

As if its not bad enough to release a bugged game and using your own consumers and fans as beta testers. Really don’t you have a proper debug team?

Then you guys come up with this social event crap that is also bugged as hell, and tie this also by unlocking weapons and cheats of Abstergo challenges. And you know what, even though I plundered 3 royal convoys, it didn’t get the Aquila figurehead.

So as a person who is suffering from bugs all the time, I submit a support ticket. Instead of getting support, i get more frustration by a guy named Immanuel who doesn’t know anything about their own products. Stubbornly kept his conclusion that I required xbox live gold for social events, despite I proved him with pictures that it does work without xbox live gold. Only problem is its bugged and not appearing on the map. Real professional to start a “I’m right and you are wrong” discussion with your customer.

Next, community challenges and tie it with unlockable stuff too. We waited and waited for a community challenge for a long time, suddenly you guys decide to release it during Christmas. Please tell me, do you guys lack common sense or are you just trolling your fans?

About DLC, who’s bright idea was it to announce DLC before the game even gets released? And im not talking about pre-order goodies, but about Freedom Cry. Either u guys are trying to change the definition of “added content” or just have bad marketing. And I thought Capcom was the one who liked to milk money out with their games.

Speaking about milking, i would have been satisfied if the pre-order stuff was DLC. Heck I would have been satisfied if the community challenge rewards was DLC. But no you also trying to sell overpriced cheap plastic figurines and tie that too with exclusive DLC.

So there you have it, my honest feedback to you. Assuming this would be ignored by Ubisoft, at least I got to ventilate. Well ventilate is an understatement, but still…

P.S. I posted this on AC Initiates but my thread got closed and got redirected here

Well said. The bugs, social events, and community challenges all really detract greatly from the game, and serve only to drive people away. I can't say I'm done with the AC series. At a certain point, I tend to feel hooked and can't quite bring myself to abandon a franchise. That said, this kind of stuff isn't without influence on me. I don't know about others, but brand name matters to me. I remember when I played Dragon Age: Origins, and enjoyed it so much, I went and bought another Bioware game called Mass Effect, which I also really enjoyed. It's kind of the reverse with Ubisoft. I may not want to drop AC, but I won't touch any other series done by Ubisoft because my experience with them now is that they are overly focused on cross-product "synergy" (unlock our costume by doing the Facebook game or AC initiates or linking a handheld game or whatever), micro-transactions (I couldn't believe how many benefits they try to offer in the multiplayer for buying their "Erudito Credits" - never bought them myself, but disappointing to see Ubisoft engage in that), rushing products to market (with bugs), and now an absurd effort to get people who play for single player modes to try and encourage friends to play for additional benefit (like the social events and Kenway's fleet). To add to the fun, they made the social events so rare that people can't decide whether they're broken for some or all versions, and that's leaving aside the large number of people that it was DEFINITELY broken for who have the phantom icons on their screen.

Their tendency for greed and rushing is on pretty stark display these days.

Fatal-Feit
12-27-2013, 09:39 PM
I like the toys. Got the entire collection, actually.

If you look at them and see them as $15 ingame DLCs, you're scrapping the end of the barrel with your OCD.

adventurewomen
12-27-2013, 09:48 PM
I like the toys. Got the entire collection, actually.

If you look at them and see them as $15 ingame DLCs, you're scrapping the end of the barrel with your OCD.
Do you have the McFarlane figures? I would like to collect the Connor & ToKW Ratonhnhaké:ton. Hopefully soon I'll buy them for the extra content the Ratonhnhaké:ton figure I saw in a store a few days ago and WOW it's amazingly detailed! I should have bought it then!

Fatal-Feit
12-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Do you have the McFarlane figures? I would like to collect the Connor & ToKW Ratonhnhaké:ton. Hopefully soon I'll buy them for the extra content the Ratonhnhaké:ton figure I saw in a store a few days ago and WOW it's amazingly detailed! I should have bought it then!

You really should have! Around my area, they're pretty scarce so I got them whenever the chance.

MnemonicSyntax
12-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I got TOKW Ratonhnhaké:ton last night and he's probably my favorite, except his arms don't move outward. He has the best poseability of all the figures I have so far, and he can actually store all his weapons too, unlike Edward or Connor or Haytham.

Why Edward didn't come with pistols or his chest holsters is beyond me. Oh, that's right "they're "ugly" like the blowpipe."

Eye roll.

adventurewomen
12-27-2013, 10:31 PM
You really should have! Around my area, they're pretty scarce so I got them whenever the chance.
I think I'll have to buy them online now, because I think that store must have sold out of them! :(

I'll only buy the Connor & Ratonhnhaké:ton figures for now, the rest I'll have to think over them! haha

Yeah, I got TOKW Ratonhnhaké:ton last night and he's probably my favorite, except his arms don't move outward. He has the best poseability of all the figures I have so far, and he can actually store all his weapons too, unlike Edward or Connor or Haytham.

Why Edward didn't come with pistols or his chest holsters is beyond me. Oh, that's right "they're "ugly" like the blowpipe."

Eye roll.
Great that you have the Ratonhnhaké:ton figure! Awesome thanks for the little review appreciated! <3

Xstream777
12-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Well said. The bugs, social events, and community challenges all really detract greatly from the game, and serve only to drive people away. I can't say I'm done with the AC series. At a certain point, I tend to feel hooked and can't quite bring myself to abandon a franchise. That said, this kind of stuff isn't without influence on me. I don't know about others, but brand name matters to me. I remember when I played Dragon Age: Origins, and enjoyed it so much, I went and bought another Bioware game called Mass Effect, which I also really enjoyed. It's kind of the reverse with Ubisoft. I may not want to drop AC, but I won't touch any other series done by Ubisoft because my experience with them now is that they are overly focused on cross-product "synergy" (unlock our costume by doing the Facebook game or AC initiates or linking a handheld game or whatever), micro-transactions (I couldn't believe how many benefits they try to offer in the multiplayer for buying their "Erudito Credits" - never bought them myself, but disappointing to see Ubisoft engage in that), rushing products to market (with bugs), and now an absurd effort to get people who play for single player modes to try and encourage friends to play for additional benefit (like the social events and Kenway's fleet). To add to the fun, they made the social events so rare that people can't decide whether they're broken for some or all versions, and that's leaving aside the large number of people that it was DEFINITELY broken for who have the phantom icons on their screen.

Their tendency for greed and rushing is on pretty stark display these days.

Glad to see someone here that is at least open minded. I thought i invaded fanboy territory just to get hurr durrs from everyone.

Don't get me wrong, i like the AC franchise. In fact i liked other ubisoft games as well. But if they stick to bring out buggy games like this, then i simply refuse to buy them anymore. Sure every game can have some bugs and luckly they are able to send patches. But in this case, its either a huge quantity of bugs right after the game comes out, or a big bugs that just ruins the fun.

For instance, this ongoing community challenge right now. If its not bed enough that its during christmas time, and the unrealistic amount of warehouses you have to plunder, this too is bugged. The warehouse fill rate is slow. Even though i discovered by replaying sequence 3 memory 5 somehow some of the warehouses on the map get refilled, most of the time the keyholder won't spawn. What is the use of a full warehouse who has no keyholder?

Concept of Uplay is nice, its cool you can get redeem actual rewards by in game achievements. More importantly it works, well most of the time.
Then we get initiates, its bugged but you can get exclusive DLC rewards there too. But social events, great idea if it properly worked. My problem is that i see someone shared an social event on the Initiates list in the pause menu, but its not displayed on the map most of the time. And i can't ask the person who shared it cause i don't know who did because the gamertag/name is not displayed. Normally it will display the name of who shared it. More imporantly, it didn't unlocked the reward dispite i cleared 3 royal convoys. So i'm playing bugged events to get a bugged reward. how fitting!

Fatal-Feit
12-27-2013, 10:36 PM

Eye roll.

lol

Yeah, their engineering are awful. That's why I keep mine in the box and forget about the in-game contents. Except for the Kenway Family Swords for course.

adventurewomen
12-27-2013, 10:39 PM
lol

Yeah, their engineering are awful. That's why I keep mine in the box and forget about the in-game contents. Except for the Kenway Family Swords for course.
I'll display mine when I get them the Mcfarlane ones, I'm not going to sell Connor so they can stay out of the box! Yay!

It's the same way for my AC3 Limited Edtion Connor statue & my Connor - The Hunter statue. I've displayed them both without their boxes! They live freely! :D

(Of course I've kept the boxes for the future just in case)

MnemonicSyntax
12-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Glad to see someone here that is at least open minded. I thought i invaded fanboy territory just to get hurr durrs from everyone.

Don't get me wrong, i like the AC franchise. In fact i liked other ubisoft games as well. But if they stick to bring out buggy games like this, then i simply refuse to buy them anymore. Sure every game can have some bugs and luckly they are able to send patches. But in this case, its either a huge quantity of bugs right after the game comes out, or a big bugs that just ruins the fun.

For instance, this ongoing community challenge right now. If its not bed enough that its during christmas time, and the unrealistic amount of warehouses you have to plunder, this too is bugged. The warehouse fill rate is slow. Even though i discovered by replaying sequence 3 memory 5 somehow some of the warehouses on the map get refilled, most of the time the keyholder won't spawn. What is the use of a full warehouse who has no keyholder?

Concept of Uplay is nice, its cool you can get redeem actual rewards by in game achievements. More importantly it works, well most of the time.
Then we get initiates, its bugged but you can get exclusive DLC rewards there too. But social events, great idea if it properly worked. My problem is that i see someone shared an social event on the Initiates list in the pause menu, but its not displayed on the map most of the time. And i can't ask the person who shared it cause i don't know who did because the gamertag/name is not displayed. Normally it will display the name of who shared it. More imporantly, it didn't unlocked the reward dispite i cleared 3 royal convoys. So i'm playing bugged events to get a bugged reward. how fitting!

Nah mate, you didn't invade anything. It's just this is all a repeat of what's been said before. You're free to vent, hell I encourage it. but at this point there's nothing we can really do about it otherwise.

Social Events are being worked on, Community Challenges are back (except for PC gamers. Cool idea there, Ubi) and the figures bonuses aren't worth the cost if you plan to just get the DLC, though I'm sure if you wanted to, you could get the DLC and sell the figures themselves.

They really aren't "gotta haves" in the least, and, at least they're not just there in your inventory saying "you can't have me, hahahahahahaha!"

marcbryan
12-28-2013, 12:45 AM
I feel like it takes up so much time and effort getting mad over things you can't control so instead of complaining, though it may be warranted, it might just be better to get into the field and do something about it. No need to get angry.

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 10:35 AM
at least they're not just there in your inventory saying "you can't have me, hahahahahahaha!"

Oh no, hate it when that happens. Looking at you Borderlands 2!!!