PDA

View Full Version : Some additions to ship combat and boarding

funnyman44
12-26-2013, 11:28 PM
1. more ship "groups" - Like the convoys

-maybe more hunter groups (3 schooners, 2 frigates, 1 galleon and 2 brigs, etc.).

-General convoys (high ranking military officials directing ships for a specific nation or faction), capturing the general's ship (galleon) will give you reales (6000), fill your ammunition, and will remove all restricted areas for a time. 2 brigs, 2 frigates, and the general's galleon (all highest level)

-skirmishers: 3-5 ships of a faction (British, Spanish, or pirates) that roam an area (enemy territory) looking to attack any hostile ships or forts (like British skirmishers will attack pirate and spanish ships/forts on sight)

2. more strategies for ships

-The legendary twins' strategy when 2+ ships (same faction) are working together to kill you

-Fire ships, when a ship is low in health or it feels that it can't win (a level 4 schooner WILL NOT win against a fully leveled Jackdaw), it'll pull the fire ship tactic.

-If 3+ ships are engaging you, one might pull a "sniper" tactic. Making sure to keep its distance from you and volley broadside or mortars at you.

-If you've engaged a ship by itself but there are ships near, that ship will flee to the safety of a larger group.

3. more objectives for boarding

-fleeing captains will take a row boat and attempt to escape, swim to the row boat or shoot him

-stop the crew from igniting the powder cache inside the ship (20 seconds, 4 enemies underneath, kill all)

Any other ideas?

oliacr
12-27-2013, 12:04 AM
Great ideas, slave ships from Freedom Cry.

Pandassin
12-27-2013, 12:21 AM
These are some pretty good ideas.

I'd also like to come across random Legendary ships since Man o' Wars are too easy once the Jackdaw is fully upgraded. I quite enjoyed taking them out, and actually felt like I accomplished something when I sunk them :P

MnemonicSyntax
12-27-2013, 12:51 AM
These are all very terrific ideas, but probably won't be implemented until next game if it has a naval aspect.

funnyman44
12-27-2013, 01:03 AM
They just don't act like real life ships. Usually ships wouldn't or shouldn't stray from the pack.