PDA

View Full Version : NAT is always RED

NeKryXe
12-26-2013, 06:48 PM
i own all Assassinís Creed titles at steam among many other games. i'm able to play online hundreds of games without any problem at home, but with Assassinís Creed i have always a lot of trouble. lately i've been able to play Black Flag multiplayer when i'm on a public network, but at home or using my own internet account is always impossible. i tried for many weeks, maybe months, to find a solution to configure my internet access to be able to play this game, but even with many tips and tricks i couldn't. i also contacted my ISP to find out if they blocked ubisoft or something, but it seems that they didn't.

i have a Alcatel One Touch Y800Z using a fast 4G access of 30Mbps. i already searched for a solution on Alcatel website without success.

can anyone around here help me to find a way to play Assassinís Creed Black Flag multiplayer online?

NeKryXe
12-27-2013, 04:06 AM
at least the game should be cheaper without the multiplayer for those unable to play it.
i'm always forced to play this in my laptop because i have to search for a public network away from home that have green NAT.
with red NAT i'm always moved out of the lobby.

what a waste of money :\

Anykeyer
12-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Mobile internet isnt going to give you green/open NAT. Usually they hide multiple clients behind the same IP.

NeKryXe
12-28-2013, 04:15 AM
Mobile internet isnt going to give you green/open NAT. Usually they hide multiple clients behind the same IP.

but i've been able to play all my other multiplayer games with my internet account, and very well, i'm only unable to play ACs.

Frag_Maniac
12-28-2013, 04:29 AM
What AV/FW are you using? Have you checked to see if there's some conflict there? I use Avast and Comodo, and have no trouble maintaining a connection, and I have a Steam Gold Edition with both Uplay and Steam running in the background. I can also run both UPlay and Steam in online or offline mode no problem.

You may want to check the UPlay overlay and Cloud Syncing too to see if disabling them helps. I couldn't even launch the game after the Freedom Cry DLC downloaded and installed, but disabling the UPlay overlay allowed me to launch and run the game. Later I tried playing Freedom Cry with the overlay enabled and it worked. It may have been just the first sequence, which some were unable to get through without a crash.

The game definitely has it's quirks, and often times they seem related to something in UPlay and/or it's ability to maintain a proper connection.

Anykeyer
12-28-2013, 08:17 AM
but i've been able to play all my other multiplayer games with my internet account, and very well, i'm only unable to play ACs.

This is because most other games network code is programmed in a way that makes NAT thing almost irrelevant. But ubisoft uses 3rd party networking platform. And clearly not a good one.

Frag_Maniac
12-28-2013, 08:32 AM
This is because most other games network code is programmed in a way that makes NAT thing almost irrelevant. But ubisoft uses 3rd party networking platform. And clearly not a good one.

Which is why I suggested trying disabling the overlay and/or cloud syncing in UPlay, its a very bloated, sluggish app.

As I've stated before, I've tested UPlay to use anywhere from 152-192MB of RAM, while Steam uses only 25-58MB. If you extrapolate that into how inefficient it is in other ways, it's not hard to see that there's a big potential for problems.

Low overhead with apps that run alongside video programs is paramount to how well they integrate with them. Ubi doesn't seem to understand or care about that. It's as if they only see UPlay as a way to paste a game advertising billboard in every gamer's house.

NeKryXe
12-28-2013, 03:14 PM
i completely disabled the windows firewall and security essentials, i disabled the cloud sync, in-game overlay and social posts on uplay, i started the game from steam on offline mode, and nothing has changed. the NAT continues RED i continue being rejected from all games :\

something really wrong is going on. i understand that ubisoft may have a bad online service that limits the use for some clients, even so, i'm pretty sure that many other developers may also have a bad online service but i'm still able to play them all. this doesn't make any sense.

i've been tested my bandwidth and everything is ok, i have 2Mbps of upload and 30Mbps of download. when i try to run AC online i don't have anything else running. i have 8GB of ram on a i7 i believe that it should be enough to play online. i tried to run the game in 2 different computers and i always get the same problem.

i have no idea what to do to solve this but i'm sure that my internet access is good and stable.

NeKryXe
12-29-2013, 11:40 PM
is there any chance to get some help from a develper around here? because i'm now on a town where i can't find any public network and i only can access with my private internet that is not accepted by ubisoft. i'd really love to be able to continue playing AC online.

btw, the last time i could access on a public internet with green NAT i noticed that i played with some users with red nat. what's the secret? how can i play with red nat? i'm always expelled from the lobby, i'm not even able to see one game start on my internet.

Frag_Maniac
12-30-2013, 12:02 AM
i've been tested my bandwidth and everything is ok, i have 2Mbps of upload and 30Mbps of download. when i try to run AC online i don't have anything else running. i have 8GB of ram on a i7 i believe that it should be enough to play online. i tried to run the game in 2 different computers and i always get the same problem.

By any chance have you tested your ISP for not just up and down speeds but also packet loss and jitter?

NeKryXe
12-30-2013, 12:11 AM
By any chance have you tested your ISP for not just up and down speeds but also packet loss and jitter?

i already searched on google for many bandwidth pages for tests and the upload and download is very good, i don't know if those sites also tested those "packet loss and jitter", i'm going to try to find out, but i'm not sure if i know what it is. is it the ping? if it's the ping, i know it's not bad because i play all my other games without any problem. i'm only unable to play assassin's creed titles.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 12:12 AM
is there any chance to get some help from a develper around here? because i'm now on a town where i can't find any public network and i only can access with my private internet that is not accepted by ubisoft. i'd really love to be able to continue playing AC online.

btw, the last time i could access on a public internet with green NAT i noticed that i played with some users with red nat. what's the secret? how can i play with red nat? i'm always expelled from the lobby, i'm not even able to see one game start on my internet.

Just in case Frag or Anykeyer doesn't ending up helping you and you're still waiting around for an answer regarding your first question, you'll have to contact Support to talk to someone such as a "developer."

(I am using developer loosely, hence the quotes)

Devs and support don't really use these forums, as they're primarily peer to peer.

NeKryXe
12-30-2013, 01:06 AM
Just in case Frag or Anykeyer doesn't ending up helping you and you're still waiting around for an answer regarding your first question, you'll have to contact Support to talk to someone such as a "developer."

(I am using developer loosely, hence the quotes)

Devs and support don't really use these forums, as they're primarily peer to peer.

i already contacted support at support.ubi.com in the same day i posted here.
since i didn't receive a reply yet, i asked here for a dev to see if it would be possible, just to try to find a solution faster.

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 01:08 AM
That won't happen. Unfortunately you'll have to wait for Support to respond, or call them.

HypeR.tgL
12-30-2013, 01:38 AM
I had this issue, to fix it I enabled Plug n Play on my router.

NeKryXe
12-30-2013, 02:36 AM
I had this issue, to fix it I enabled Plug n Play on my router.

how did you enable it? i searched on my router setup and couldn't find nothing related to it.

HypeR.tgL
12-30-2013, 03:00 AM
Search your router model/name and uPnP.

NeKryXe
12-30-2013, 03:41 AM
no sign of uPnP too :\

maybe they call it something else on a 4G router.

this is the router i'm using: http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/products/mobile_broadband/one_touch_y800.html

Frag_Maniac
12-30-2013, 04:35 AM
i already searched on google for many bandwidth pages for tests and the upload and download is very good, i don't know if those sites also tested those "packet loss and jitter", i'm going to try to find out, but i'm not sure if i know what it is. is it the ping? if it's the ping, i know it's not bad because i play all my other games without any problem. i'm only unable to play assassin's creed titles.

Packet testing tests to see if any sent data is lost. Jitter testing basically tests the stability of the line. Ping should only affect online play, and mostly fast paced shooters, so it doesn't really apply much here, although it CAN make streaming certain content smoother, like if you stream any HD movies over your PC.

I use http://www.pingtest.net/ to test packet loss and jitter, and it will also show you distance from the server it tests with.

Keep in mind whenever testing your net connection, you want to use the closest, fastest servers for best case scenario. Otherwise it will only skew results and possibly mislead you to thinking it's something on your end. Also note that good results on your end don't necessarily guarantee good results on every server. It depends a lot where you live and whether they have servers that facilitate you well.

Test your speed periodically if you're having any connection problems, and if you get strange fluctuations in results on something like a DSL line, have your ISP check your line. I had to do this once after my DSL speed kept dropping radically, and then suddenly went dead. They found out it wa s bad card I was connected to at the terminal, and since then my speeds are more consistent, and my ping is much lower. I also score pretty well overall at pingtest.net. Just got another A when I tested just now with 0% packet loss and 0ms jitter.

Anykeyer
12-30-2013, 06:02 AM
UPNP is just an automated port forwarding. With it game can find your router and request to forward specific port to specific IP. Even if your router does not support UPNP it usually supports manual port forwarding https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eayPCAQ

NeKryXe
12-30-2013, 07:48 AM
i did the test at http://www.pingtest.net/ and i got a 95ms ping, 1ms jitter and it was unable to test packet loss.
then i tested http://www.speedtest.net/ and got 28Mbps download and 2Mbps upload.

i contacted my ISP and they confirmed that the 4G signal at my zone is strong and without any known problem.

:\

NeKryXe
12-30-2013, 08:05 AM
since i saw a few player with red nat able to play, in the last hours i've been trying really hard to do the same. i've been continuously searching for games and trying to join them over and over again. i noticed that sometimes, after 20 to 30 tries, i'm able to play for a few seconds and then i'm disconnected by the host.

i really don't understand how is this a problem at my end when i'm able to play hundreds of games online but not AC. it doesn't make any sense.

NeKryXe
01-01-2014, 08:43 AM
in the last days i noticed that if i keep trying to join games sometimes i'm allowed to play a few games even with the nat red. it's really hard to get into one game, i have to keep trying dozens of times but i'm getting used to it. the biggest problem is that in many games, after playing for a while, the host or ubisoft removes me from the games and i lose all the xp i got there. after all looks like it would be possible to play with a red nat if they don't restrict the access.

Anykeyer
01-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Everyone else in lobby needs to have green NAT in order for a player with red NAT not being droped. Green (can receive at any time) can play with anyone, yellow (can receive only after your own PC sent something to this particular peer at least once before) with green and other yellows, red (can receive only when your PC sends something to this particular peer) only with green.

NeKryXe
01-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Everyone else in lobby needs to have green NAT in order for a player with red NAT not being droped. Green (can receive at any time) can play with anyone, yellow (can receive only after your own PC sent something to this particular peer at least once before) with green and other yellows, red (can receive only when your PC sends something to this particular peer) only with green.

that's a very useful information. thanks a lot ;)

Mr_Shade
01-01-2014, 05:27 PM
that's a very useful information. thanks a lot ;)Hi,

As pointed out - Red NAT - maybe hard to fix on a mobile internet connection - if your ISP's block ports required, due to network congestion / networking.

This is standard with any game - many console gamers have issues with many titles, not just ubisoft ones, due to Strict Nat - which Red would correspond to, and as already pointed out - Mobile internet - is sometimes not designed for gaming, due to the amount of data used, some ISP,s block certain ports.

You should double check with your ISP - that the required networking ports are open for your connection AND the routers Support team to see if you can enable uPnP - which solves 99% of Nat issues - or - how to manually add these ports - assuming your ISP is not blocking them [which you would need to check!]

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eaegCAA

Game Ports:
TCP: 80, 443
UDP: 3658, 3074
Uplay PC:
TCP: 13000, 13005, 13200

Failing that, Then Ubisoft Support will get back to you asap after the Holidays.

ru_nps
01-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Hello, I set ports as you said: http://gyazo.com/be9cf8aff2282d9c10356fe2398d145e Is it correct? And I tried DMZ host option on router too with no improvement. I still have yellow Moderate NAT icon, what to do then?

NeKryXe
01-02-2014, 08:53 PM
You should double check with your ISP - that the required networking ports are open for your connection AND the routers Support team to see if you can enable uPnP - which solves 99% of Nat issues - or - how to manually add these ports - assuming your ISP is not blocking them [which you would need to check!]

yesterday i contacted again my ISP but they insists that there is no limitation on my internet and that i should be able to play any game. as a last effort, i decided to left my pc and router on a friend that works with computers so he could try to open those ports on my router or find a way to do that in the system. he informed me that my router doesn't support uPnP and that he couldn't perform any tests because the ubisoft servers are always down :\

NeKryXe
01-02-2014, 09:45 PM

i did this test on pingtest.net as suggested here. the ping today is higher, usually its between 85ms and 95ms.
anyway, looks like the ubisoft servers are still down.

http://www.pingtest.net/result/91260904.png (http://www.pingtest.net)

NeKryXe
01-02-2014, 11:18 PM
i just talked to some friends that have been able play online without any problem, but i keep receiving this message:
"LIMITED MODE The Ubisoft services are not available" ...and i even can't go online.

is this something related to my low ping or jitter problems or the servers are really down for some regions?

Anykeyer
01-03-2014, 08:54 AM
i just talked to some friends that have been able play online without any problem, but i keep receiving this message:
"LIMITED MODE The Ubisoft services are not available" ...and i even can't go online.

is this something related to my low ping or jitter problems or the servers are really down for some regions?

Game has only 1 matchmaking server located somewhere in Canada. There arent any regions

NeKryXe
01-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Game has only 1 matchmaking server located somewhere in Canada. There arent any regions

i found out later, on this forum, that there are other people stuck in limited mode. since it's not the servers down probably they limited the access to the red nat players :\

forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/821400-Are-you-LIMITED-Please-Vote/

Anykeyer
01-04-2014, 08:54 PM
It is unlikely they have have done this on purpose. Ubisoft online services have always been a joke. Even more so if they are all busy celebrating.

NeKryXe
01-06-2014, 06:52 AM
It is unlikely they have have done this on purpose. Ubisoft online services have always been a joke. Even more so if they are all busy celebrating.

well... i believe that they don't do it on purpose but the awful thing is that they don't even try to help.
i've been unable to play this game online for almost 50 days and i've been asking for help on ubi support for 15 days. i still didn't get one single answer for all my many tries to contact.
first i had a red nat, now i have the access limited for about 5 days. the funny thing is that i have a screen info on the game telling me to seek for help here, on the forum, those guys are sick :\
another option is to "open uplay launcher and switch to online mode" - i really don't understand what they are trying to tell. i already openned and close my uplay laucher, i searched everywhere, and i only found something to go offline but nothing related to "switch to online mode"

wouldn't be possible that i received something damaged from steam?

ScRaT902010
01-06-2014, 08:34 AM
You should configure your modem/router open some ports and activate NAT in it. I had the same problem with some games lately

Anykeyer
01-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Uplay has offline mode but you probably arent in it so this does not apply to you.
Try rebooting your router and clearing DNS (type "ipconfig /flushdns" http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/ClearingBrowserCache)

ScRaT902010
01-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Here's my router configuration, I enabled myself NAT lately
http://i.imgur.com/FknMdIy.jpg

NeKryXe
01-06-2014, 09:39 AM
my isp insists that they already opened those ports for me but i'm always in limited mode :\
maybe they limited the access on my country. i really don't understand.

btw... meanwhile i've been able to play any other game online in multiplayer mode. AC4 is the only game that i'm unable to play.
this really doesn't feel like a problem at my end. also, i tested it in different computers and with different connections.
a few weeks ago i was able to play with green nat on public networks but i was always red on my own internet, now i'm with limited mode even on public networks. this is insane.

Mr_Shade
01-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Hi,

Even if the ISP has those ports open - if the router is not using UpNp [Universal Plug n Play] it's possible it's blocking them.

You should contact the routers support team - to see how you can enable that - or - set up a manual DMZ [you should only activate uPnP OR DMZ - not both!]

The fact it was working on open public networks - points to an issue either with your ISP or Router. If it has stopped working - it's possible that attempts to fix it, have in fact made matters worse.

Please PM me your ticket reference for Ubisoft support - if you have not had contact or a first reply for over 15 days.

NeKryXe
01-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Please PM me your ticket reference for Ubisoft support - if you have not had contact or a first reply for over 15 days.

ok. thank you.

i first contacted ubisoft about 13 days ago, but all the tickets i sent disappeared, the only one they kept is one from 1/3/2014 2:13:25 PM

NeKryXe
01-10-2014, 11:22 PM
i got a reply from ubisoft, but they keep sending me to this https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eaegCAA

obviously i already did everything suggested in that link and i never got a green nat and i'm still unable to go online. i always get the message that i'm in limited mode.
i already deleted my game and reinstalled it and didn't solve.

i'm not sure if i can return my game to steam and buy it in box. i'm start to believing that i really got a damaged game.

NeKryXe
02-02-2014, 11:00 AM
LETTER SENT TO UBISOFT:

On November 16, 2013, i paid 59.99€ for Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order (EMEA), later, on November 22, 2013, i paid more 14.99€ for Assassin's Creed Black Flag Season Pass on Steam store, a total of 74.98€.
I started playing this game on single player mode on the first day it was released without any major problems, but, a few days later i found out that i wasn't able to play the multiplayer game. First i had a lot of NAT issues, at home i always got a Red NAT and most of the time i wasn't able to even start a game, but, mysteriously i was able to play on public networks. I searched for help from my ISP, friends, steam, and every known AC forum without success. By the end of December, after more than one month from the release date, i had been able to play only a few times in one week and with a lot of problems. Before losing my hopes i decided to send my game computer an router to a technical support store, after about 2 days they returned my hardware and didn't found any problem at all not even on portforwarding. After this, and after all the other efforts, on the first day of 2014 it got even worst, i got a weird message telling me that the game was running in "LIMITED MODE" and since then i completely lost access to the game i paid to play.

On January 3, 2014, i asked for help on ubisoft support (ref# 00991766), after more than 2 weeks talking nonsense and almost insulting my reasoning someone with the name "Tom", asked for all my uplay account details, including login, password, serials, and even screenshots of the steam transaction. I sent him everything and for a few days he tried to run my multiplayer game on your end and he couldn't. Not only he couldn't run the game, which confirms that the problem is not at my end or my ISP end, but also he couldn't fix it. After this point, about 15 days ago, i kept asking for help and i never got any answer, making me believe that you gave up.

So, by now, we both know that you sold me a defective game, somehow something is damaged in my account or ubisoft services don't work on my country and that was not informed when i paid for it. The fact is that i'm able to play all multiplayer games i bought in the last 15 years, including ACB, ACR and ACIII.

I'm giving you 5 more days to fix this "LIMITED MODE" on my account or game and turn the Ubisof services available for me. In case you don't want to or don't have enough knowledge to solve this problem, i want half of my payment refunded for half of the game that i lost. A total of 37.49€ should be sent to my paypal account for the loss of AC4 multyplayer game and all season pass dlc associated to it.

For more details on the failed support attempt to solve this problem, check the 60 messages on my ticket ref# 00991766. Also, i recommend you to check the next threads with a list of people facing similar problems: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/823597-Official-AC4-Singleplayer-Multiplayer-Limited-mode-Ubisoft-servers-unavailable