PDA

View Full Version : So AC4 ending......(Spoilers)

SlantEyeMenace
12-26-2013, 05:52 PM
After completing sequence 12 i thought there would be more stories since there was sequence 13.

But it just hits me by revealing that sequence 13 IS the ending. I am not trying to say it was bad ending, but i felt it ended so suddenly.

Did anyone else felt that the ending was so sudden?

oliacr
12-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Not really. Though every main character have died or moved to somewhere, exactly the perfect time and place to end the game. Personally I really liked it.

Charles_Phipps
12-26-2013, 10:06 PM
I think the denouement was too long.

Kaschra
12-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Nope, I think the ending was perfect.

silvermercy
12-27-2013, 12:33 AM
I've literally just finished it and I think it was great. Very fitting. I didn't think it was sudden, no. But then I had it spoiled myself a few weeks ago. lol
Best ending in a long time I think. (I'm still a little sad I didn't get to see Tesha, but I think it was great overall).

adventurewomen
12-27-2013, 03:22 AM
I loved the link from AC3 with the ending of AC4 at the Opera house it was like the story was full circle moment perfect! It was a lovely fitting moment, it was nice to see Haytham as as child and his older sister and Edward with them. It was really sweet when Edward held Haytham to help him see the play. :)

It would have been nice to see Edward's second wife.

silvermercy
12-27-2013, 03:37 AM
I loved the link from AC3 with the ending of AC4 at the Opera house it was like the story was full circle moment perfect! It was a lovely fitting moment, it was nice to see Haytham as as child and his older sister and Edward with them. It was really sweet when Edward held Haytham to help him see the play. :)

It would have been nice to see Edward's second wife.
Indeed. :) I wonder what were their reasons for cutting her out... (lack of screen time perhaps?) I would have absolutely loved to see her being included (even briefly) as it would cement Edward's transition from a "bad" husband to a good one. We saw him being a good dad very clearly.

adventurewomen
12-27-2013, 03:44 AM
Indeed. :) I wonder what were their reasons for cutting her out... (lack of screen time perhaps?) I would have absolutely loved to see her being included (even briefly) as it would cement Edward's transition from a "bad" husband to a good one. We saw him being a good dad very clearly.
Maybe, I was thinking Ubi might have had a time constraint because if they introduced Tesha then they would required more screen time just for her for character development at the end - they just wanted a quick straight forward link for AC3 to lead from. The books Forsaken and ACBF do answer the questions that we had, however it would have been nice to see her at the end of the game.

I-Like-Pie45
12-27-2013, 04:10 AM
Edward does almost a great a job standing around and looking pretty as me.

AdamPearce
12-27-2013, 05:06 AM
Lack of epicness.

DinoSteve1
12-27-2013, 05:09 AM
nope, maybe its cause I;m drunk but ACIVBF has had the best ending so far, it has just the right amount of bitter sweet.

FreightTrain4
12-27-2013, 05:36 AM
When Jennifer stepped of the ship. I cried Manly but wussy tears.

pirate1802
12-27-2013, 08:45 AM
I never cried before in an Assassins Creed game. I did after finishing Black Flag. And I ain't even ashamed in admitting it. It was perfect, as perfect as perfect can get. Ashraf wasn't bluffing when he said this was the best ending in an AC game. Infact I feel the whole story flows so naturally and reaches its logical conclusion.

killzab
12-27-2013, 10:25 AM
IDK, the ending did nothing for me ... I was waiting for something "big" to happen but no ...

I prefer plot-driven stories I think.