PDA

View Full Version : Serious issue with PS4 version

LoyalACFan
12-26-2013, 11:52 AM
I just did the next-gen update thing with the code that came with my PS3 copy, and I played through the first sequence where you're shipwrecked in Cape Bonavista with Duncan with no problem. But after sailing off the island, I got stuck an an infinite loading screen with a message reading "install in progress, X% completed" with an increasing number in X's place, having started off around 47 and now sitting at 68 three hours later. I heard someone talking on another forum about the PS4 being able to install games piece by piece, but I only heard this in the context of SP being installed separately from MP. Does this loading screen I'm stuck in suggest that the actual SP of the game was not done installing, but it let me play anyway? Because if so... That's a really stupid feature, is all I'll say. It certainly didn't mention that in the instructions...

In any case, I need to know if this X pertains to the SP and it's natural, or the MP files downloading and I really am stuck in an eternal loading screen.

aL_____eX
12-26-2013, 12:20 PM
I also upgraded to the PS4 version yesterday. I have noticed something which could be connected to your problem. In the main menu of Black Flag in the MP tab it says something about the Installation at 0% and in the Aveline DLC tab it's "Installation 69% complete". I didn't try to launch either MP or the DLC yet, but that's really confusing. On my PS4 main menu Download list, everything is "installed".

Hmm...

aL_____eX
12-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Okay, this is getting weird. I believe 1.02 is the current patch for PS4? Because I read something about 1.03 somewhere. I'm still new to the PS4 so I don't know where to delete patches yet. So here are pictures that proof, there is something going on. First my Multiplayer and Aveline DLC are still installing, when I try to launch them the notification appears, that they are. And second, when I go to the Information page about Black Flag in the PS menu, it says that it's downloading another 17GB of data?! Is this the Multiplayer and DLC data, which I really doubt? What is this all about? Hmm... sad that the upgrade does not properly work. Pictures are in Spoiler

http://oi42.tinypic.com/5bwnx5.jpg

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2zgu3bm.jpg

Sorry for german language, hope it gets still clear.

aL_____eX
12-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Okay it's just WTF?! My Multiplayer now is 6% installed, Aveline still 70%. Just wanted to start where you enter the Animus for the first time and I got this: Black screen with a notification

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2dw9b10.jpg
It says "Install in progress, 81% complete" same as the OP

edit: Singleplayer now is fully installed, the rest, still not. Don't know what this is, but I hope this is just a PS4 childhood issue. :p

aL_____eX
12-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Sorry for spam-like posts, but for everyone who experienced the same, I think I have the solution. As the OP mentioned it has to be this stupid PS4 feature which allows you to play games, while parts of them are still installing... That has to be the 17GB for MP and Aveline DLC still downloading and straining my PS4. So for people with a slow internet connection (like me) this feature is complete bullsh ... useless.

pacmanate
12-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Looked into this myself at launch.

Digital Downloads take a long *** time to download. You are probably overlooking the fact that it is boxing day, the amount of people that have a PS4 now is probably stressing the servers out. Just leave your PS4 on when you sleep or something.

LoyalACFan
12-27-2013, 12:13 AM
Looked into this myself at launch.

Digital Downloads take a long *** time to download. You are probably overlooking the fact that it is boxing day, the amount of people that have a PS4 now is probably stressing the servers out. Just leave your PS4 on when you sleep or something.

You're absolutely right, with more research I realized that this is normal; I had the exact same screen pop up as you, al___ex. However, I actually was stuck in an infinite loading screen. Long after it reached 100%, I stayed in the Black Room. Had to delete it all and reinstall, but now it seems to be working properly. Got through the end of Sequence 2, and it appears to be progressing normally.

Thanks everybody for the input.