PDA

View Full Version : Uh... flipped shoulder controls on PS4?

LoyalACFan
12-26-2013, 11:02 AM
What the hell? I just got the upgrade from PS3 to PS4, and the functionality of the shoulder buttons has been swapped from those of the current gen version; L1 with L2, R1 with R2. Any way to switch it back? I'd prefer to progress without having to completely relearn the damned controls... :nonchalance:

aL_____eX
12-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Haha, just posted on another thread and then I read this. It's really weird. Sometimes I'm still holding down R1 and wondering why Edward does not want to run anymore. :p But no you can adjust the speed of running and that's somehow very cool.

And I think with next gen graphics (and I think the step is not huge but Black Flag looks just brilliant on PS4 with all the weather and naval effects) I can overlook this switch.

pacmanate
12-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Hardly a relearn.

Anyway your hands should default to going to the back triggers anyway, its how the controller was designed.

JeremyK
12-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Well the PS3 triggers kind of sucked IMO while they're really comfortable on the PS4 controller so it's probably the best set up for each one even if confusing switching from one to the other.. That would really mess me up if I had been playing the PS3 version and switched over though.

LoyalACFan
12-27-2013, 12:16 AM
Hardly a relearn.

Anyway your hands should default to going to the back triggers anyway, its how the controller was designed.

With free-running it's not that big of an issue, but the aiming and firing being on R2 and L2 is really screwing me over, especially in the naval. Reloading with L1 is the worst bit. I guess I'll get it here in a few more hours...