PDA

View Full Version : Extremely poor optimization for notebooks

AlexBurnout97
12-26-2013, 01:00 AM
OK, if you're on desktop this may blow your mind. I got a killer laptop with really good components for gaming which is capable of Crysis 2 on Very High @60fps or AC3 on 4X MSAA Very High. But check this out: it does NOT meet the minimum system requirements.
GeForce Experience message: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/w1k0_Px5ZGaAxbE_LljF9M6SviwjrsiI3GuiShvem9suGxUbSM A7frmD-2SEKBr7Ag=w1780-h762
PC specs: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/wHDz33pbXxjkr0-RC6GyM5wQZllBt-IlCa1Q_lpbEdYNp8eoGv5tKuAZYfcHngdmxA=w1780-h762
Optimization is urgently required.

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 01:08 AM
That's because AC4 doesn't technically support notebooks. You could have a 780m and a forth Gen i7 Haswell in there and it'll still say that.

If you're having a problem playing the game, it's because there is no triple buffering for V sync. It's been stated that running D3Doverider and forcing Triple Buffering makes the game run much better.

You could also run it in the Nvidia Control Panel, but people seem to be getting better results with D3D over the Control Panel.

And there probably won't be any sort of optimization for notebooks at all.

Frag_Maniac
12-26-2013, 03:35 AM
Yeah lot of people want gaming laptops for the versatility, but they don't seem to realize most devs don't want to take the time to test compatibility for them. That doesn't mean they won't work even if the sys reqs say otherwise, but you can't count on not having strange problems even if it's powerful enough to run it.

Try the D3DO triple buffer trick, worked great for me, and I also rec using a LT cooler under that thing while play a game like this on it. Even my rather large PC tower starts creaking when the hardware gets to warming up from this game. It puts you PC thorough a good workout.

Vorrque
12-27-2013, 04:13 AM
Yeah, that sucks big time. I have pretty old gaming laptop (3,5 years), MSI GX640 with Radeon 5850 and i5 450m. It was killer machine back then. And still I can play almost every game on normal-high. Crysis 2,3 plays well (30fps) on medium. AC4 is FIRST game ever, that even on absolute minimal settings, everything off or lowest quality, plays at 25fps tops. Usually it is from 15fps in jungle to 25fps in open sea. With lot of smoke it goes down to 10-15fps. It is barely playable.

I know, that the game "doesn't technically support notebooks" but neither do other games, yet everything is easly playable. Besides AC4. Optimization sucks, but it is still fun game and maybe finnaly it'll push me to buy new laptop.