PDA

View Full Version : Need help with multiplayer

Prime4G
12-25-2013, 07:21 PM
How do I know who to kill? everyone finds me easily when I am hiding but I can never kill anyone, I am level 4, only ever killed one person(by luck) and my K/D ratio is 0.05
Please Help Me!

Nevofix
12-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Watch very carefully. When players walk, most of the time they will use fast walk. They walk a little bit faster than NPCs. When they're standing still in a blend group or something, try to find a corner to determine the line of sight. The portret will only light up if they're in the line of sight of your character. If you're getting closer, the portret will also become larger. This way you can find disguised players. Don't kill weird-running characters. Most of the time their decoys.

Anykeyer
12-25-2013, 09:53 PM
What mode are you playing? Its easy to find targets in modes with compass, especially bc it will light up when you are in direct line of sight - this way you can use corners to find real target if there are several lookalikes nearby. When hiding in modes with compass make sure you never do this without having at least 1 lookalike directly next to you. More is better.
In modes without compass try to use target's portrait. It lights up when your are in direct line of sight.
I siggest watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be_YHJXvSRk&gl it was made for ACR but most of the stuff here is still relevant for AC4. The biggest difference (aside from scoring balance and abilities) is that nn AC4 target's portrait zooms in when you get close, in older games portrait's background lights up instead

Questions2ask
12-26-2013, 12:04 AM
How do I know who to kill? everyone finds me easily when I am hiding but I can never kill anyone, I am level 4, only ever killed one person(by luck) and my K/D ratio is 0.05
Please Help Me!
This is not your fault, The tutorial everyone raves about and claims is so good is horrible, it's not informative at all it leaves useless tool tips for players that are completely pointless. Gamers somehow have gotten it into their head that a developer doesn't have to explain how to use their products and that it's a players responsibility to finish the developers job and or do the developers job for them, which is exactly what is going on when a gamer tells another gamer that it's obvious or starts stating crap that's not even on the screen and then acting like you're supposed to do work and if you don't you're dumb.

People only think the tutorial is good because they are applying user preference to what they think and do and they cannot separate the difference between what a tutorial IS required to explain and their own player preference and think saying what to do is all you need. But again that's player preference and has nothing to do with the tutorial itself.

I even made a video about this to prove a point and even said in the video it doesn't matter weather or not I know what to do, guess what to do or try on my own. People still ignored that and babbled on about nonsense how it's easy to figure out and saying pointless comments such as It's obvious and other such crap that wasn't even related to the video.

Gamers of today simply don't grasp what the definition of TUTORIAL even means and then throw their play preference and how they do things into it, and then use that to try and provoke people into an argument.

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 12:09 AM
You're the only one that's complained about it. Must be you. Don't SPAZ out though and instead, work that MAGIC! You'll figure it out.

To the OP, Nevofix and Anykeyer have it right, and if you need further help, don't be afraid to ask in the Multiplayer section! :)

Questions2ask
12-26-2013, 12:19 AM
You're the only one that's complained about it. Must be you. Don't SPAZ out though and instead, work that MAGIC! You'll figure it out.
First of all I never complained. I simply pointed out that the devs didn't do their job correctly and even said that's what I made the videop for. and you continue brushing that off and then trying to make **** up about the video that's not even true.

Secondly you seem to have it in your head that there is something to figure out and there isn't. If the tutorial explained what the user is asking, he wouldn't have to ask. And that backs up my point.

Finally You seem to think that me posting that video has something to do with not knowing what to do and as I said before you have no idea what I know, or whether or not I know what's supposed to be done. But you fail to get the concept that isn't relevant and has nothing to do with anything.

Me posting a video showing how lazy the developer is and didn't even finish the tutorial is not related in any way shape or form to a gamer (As you say FIGURING it out) and you seem to keep cramming down people's throats that I don't know what to do.

To the OP, Nevofix and Anykeyer have it right, and if you need further help, don't be afraid to ask in the Multiplayer section! :)
You seem to continue purposely trying to get around that the tutorial is supposed to be explaining what those 2 are talking about and it doesn't. But yet you're saying the tutorial is so great. Which makes you stupid, you claim an incomplete tutorial is good and that the player is supposed to do the developers job.

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 12:22 AM
It makes me stupid you can't figure out a tutorial. Gotcha.

Logic strikes again! :)

Questions2ask
12-26-2013, 03:14 AM
It makes me stupid you can't figure out a tutorial. Gotcha.
No, what makes you stupid is how you made up this aspect about me not being able to figure something out (Even though nowhere except your own head is that remotely true) all because I made a video which is very clear that it's about lazy development, which I even said outright in the video, which you still cannot comprehend it.

So yes making **** up and not comprehending what something is even after it's been explained, is what's making you stupid.

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 03:42 AM
No, what makes you stupid is how you made up this aspect about me not being able to figure something out (Even though nowhere except your own head is that remotely true) all because I made a video which is very clear that it's about lazy development, which I even said outright in the video, which you still cannot comprehend it.

So yes making **** up and not comprehending what something is even after it's been explained, is what's making you stupid.

No mate, you didn't "prove" that you figured it out. You need to make a video, that you figured it out, otherwise I don't believe you.

I go with what you give me. I see a guy who can't figure out how a compass works and chalks it up to "lazy devs" yet you couldn't code your way out of a bag.

You didn't show you figured it out, you just want to pin the blame on everyone else for your inability to comprehend anything. From cloud saves to compass directions. Not your fault! Can't be!

Anykeyer
12-26-2013, 06:27 AM
No in-game tutorial can teach you how to play against skilled players. Lets just face it: developers are not top ranked players in their own creations. They can and they need to show you basic principles which they did.
Tips videos like loomer's take a lot of time and a lot of experience to create. They cant come with the game because metagame always evolves, usually very rapidly right after release. Players discover new tricks (sometimes unintended by developers), then ways to counter them, then ways to counter counters and so on. Eventually some stuff becomes almost irrelevant while some unexpected things can form a backbone, the most extreme example would be AC3's assassinate mode.
This game in particular has very strong psychological element. Do you really expect a bried tutorial to teach you how to predict opponents moves?

Prime4G
12-26-2013, 06:23 PM
I accidentally skipped the tutorial so I had no clue how to play at all at the beginning, and did not know how to get it back

Anykeyer
12-26-2013, 06:59 PM
You can start tutorial from multiplayer main menu.