PDA

View Full Version : Request to the moderators

strigoi1958
12-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Hi seasonal greetings :D

I'm sorry I know this is the wrong forum place for this request but.....

Is it possible to have a way to flag posts for moderator viewing please.

I enjoy freedom of speech and everyone has a right to their own opinion right or wrong and they do not have to change it regardless of anything that disproves their own belief. But just lately a certain gentleman has been on this forum with an antagonistic attitude. He has had several steam accounts closed and his posts deleted because of his lack of respect for forum members and forum rules. I see his remarks on gamefaqs are ignored.
I'm not sure if he is doing this as some kind of a prank or whether he really is serious but, any way we can draw your attention to posts so that you can PM any offenders with a polite request to tone down the remarks would be great.

Thanks

Mr_Shade
12-25-2013, 03:42 PM
hi

In the bottom left of all posts on the forums - next to the facebook/twitter share bar - you will see a warning triangle? - that is the report button.

Please use that to report threads and posts that breach the forum rules.

If you find another user 'annoying' - but they are not breaking forum rules, please be aware, that false reporting can lead to actions taken against the reporter - so please use only for the above reasons ;)

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 04:43 PM
This particular member I have reported twice already, and nothing has been done about it. You closed his thread at his request, yet it's littered with personal insults at other members. He's also telling other members to "stop complaining" when they ask for help and he then gives them Skype info, yet other members are seeing how inept he is and don't want his help.

He's also spreading false technical information. When he says something and others correct him, we don't know what we're talking about, we're idiots and it's not relevant to the conversation.

He's also telling people they don't have a right to complain, because they agreed to the EULA when they bought the game and should accept that fact it's their fault because his game is working perfectly. So is mine (except Social Events) and I'm trying to do my best to help others here as I can.

He's completely undermining just about everything I or Frag_Maniac say too, calling us liars while helping others. This isn't a simple case of just ignoring someone because they're annoying, this is damage control.

guidomista
12-25-2013, 10:11 PM
mmmmhhh.. I think I know who are you talking about. :)
Right now I just put "ignore" to him.
Now i find a offensive post of him and report it. I didn't know how i can do that ;P

bye

Frag_Maniac
12-26-2013, 01:13 AM
This particular member I have reported twice already, and nothing has been done about it. You closed his thread at his request, yet it's littered with personal insults at other members. He's also telling other members to "stop complaining" when they ask for help and he then gives them Skype info, yet other members are seeing how inept he is and don't want his help.

He's also spreading false technical information. When he says something and others correct him, we don't know what we're talking about, we're idiots and it's not relevant to the conversation.

He's also telling people they don't have a right to complain, because they agreed to the EULA when they bought the game and should accept that fact it's their fault because his game is working perfectly. So is mine (except Social Events) and I'm trying to do my best to help others here as I can.

He's completely undermining just about everything I or Frag_Maniac say too, calling us liars while helping others. This isn't a simple case of just ignoring someone because they're annoying, this is damage control.

Well said Mnemonic, and yes, we all know whom this person is without even having to see an attached username. He's been overtly and consistently offensive, even on the holidays, and staff here just let it go on. Furthermore, he feigns support with undertones of attention getting and bragging, while having admitted right on these boards that he pirates games. THAT in itself, especially considering his being banned elsewhere, should be a clue to you Ubi to shut him down, period.

I myself have reported at least one abusive post of his, and since his abuse continues without interruption, I have to assume you've taken no appropriate action on these reports. I also find it insidious and even insulting that you subtly mention with passive intimidation, that if we don't report posts that actually ARE in violation, we can be punished ourselves, all while this troll rapes your forums of any decency and respect right under your noses.

WAKE UP UBI, your own forum is being pirated by this troll! If you had any respect for these forums you'd apologize for letting people like this antagonize members when it's reported on the open forum via a thread dedicated to it after getting no response, instead of issuing warnings that WE might be punished for saying so!

Questions2ask
12-26-2013, 01:19 AM
mmmmhhh.. I think I know who are you talking about. :)
Right now I just put "ignore" to him.
Now i find a offensive post of him and report it. I didn't know how i can do that ;P

bye

You're talking about me and guess what, the difference between me and others is that I know what I'm talking about, I also provide my sources on where to get the information from for people to read themselves, and despite people arguing against it, you cannot really argue with what I post because it's all backed up facts that people who don't know much disregard and denounce for no reason. in short I'm doing nothing but correcting the incorrect and misinformation people continue spreading around the forum and in return it's pissing people off and so because you guys cannot handle being proven wrong, you try to cause a problem in another way to silence me on the forum by falsely reporting me.

If you guys don't want me correcting you, then quit posting false information, If you don't like what i say then place me on ignore. But I'm not going to sit back and watch people post false information.

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 01:24 AM
But you're information is false. Not ours.

For example, here's a big fat lie right here:

"If you buy AC4 through Steam, the games save on Steam's Cloud, not Ubisoft's."

Or another gem:

"You bought the game via Steam, so Ubi has no responsibility to fix your issues."

Also, people running i7s and 770GTXs don't seem to have good enough hardware to run the game. Also false.

And, you still belittle and berate everyone you come across. People do not want your help. You do not have the right to tell them to stop complaining if they choose someone else for help over you.

Frag_Maniac
12-26-2013, 01:35 AM
Add to that numerous reports (not just from Mnemonic) of your being banned and ignored elsewhere, and your admitting right here that you pirate games, and it's easy to see you're not one to trust or one that can get along with people.

I'll also back one of Mnemonic's above points up with proof that my Steam version saves via Ubi's cloud, not Steam's.

http://imageshack.com/a/img716/1541/y3sb.jpg

And this one that I've posted before proves I have a Steam version of the Gold Edition

http://imageshack.com/a/img51/6574/bw6d.jpg

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 01:37 AM
I'll throw this in there, what the heck.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w90/MnemonicSyntax/Questionstheidiot.jpg (http://s174.photobucket.com/user/MnemonicSyntax/media/Questionstheidiot.jpg.html)

Questions2ask
12-26-2013, 01:43 AM
Add to that numerous reports (not just from Mnemonic) of your being banned and ignored elsewhere, and your admitting right here that you pirate games, and it's easy to see you're not one to trust or one that can get along with people.

I'll also back one of Mnemonic's above points up with proof that my Steam version saves via Ubi's cloud, not Steam's.

http://imageshack.com/a/img716/1541/y3sb.jpg

And this one that I've posted before proves I have a Steam version of the Gold Edition

http://imageshack.com/a/img51/6574/bw6d.jpg

It's interesting how you're throwing around the ban word without having one clue to wtf you're talking about. I love gamers that aren't involved in things then try to bash people using information they don't have to justify themselves and act like they know what's going on and try to use that as a reason.

Showing your game saves don't prove anything, your Steam copy saves to the Steam cloud cloud because that's where you have your game.

Instead of continuing to argue here is something that ends the debate once and for all Which you'll probably ignore and try to argue without doing what is asked...

I want you to take a video showing you have shut off the STEAM cloud sync with the game and then try and get your game save off the UBISOFT cloud, you'll see it's not possible because your game saves for a Steam account are stored on Steam cloud not UBISOFT.

I then want you to take a video that shows you do not have Steam running and go get your AC IV game save off the UBISOFT cloud only using UPLAY

Either make both those videos or shut the hell up

You really need to learn how things work

YOu also

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 01:47 AM
It's interesting how you're throwing around the ban word without having one clue to wtf you're talking about. I love gamers that aren't involved in things then try to bash people using information they don't have to justify themselves and act like they know what's going on and try to use that as a reason.

Showing your game saves don't prove anything, your Steam copy saves to the Steam cloud cloud because that's where you have your game.

Instead of continuing to argue here is something that ends the debate once and for all Which you'll probably ignore and try to argue without doing what is asked...

I want you to take a video showing you have shut off the STEAM cloud sync with the game and then try and get your game save off the UBISOFT cloud, you'll see it's not possible because your game saves for a Steam account are stored on Steam cloud not UBISOFT.

I then want you to take a video that shows you do not have Steam running and go get your AC IV game save off the UBISOFT cloud only using UPLAY

Either make both those videos or shut the hell up

You really need to learn how things work

YOu also

Except this photo:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w90/MnemonicSyntax/Questionstheidiot.jpg (http://s174.photobucket.com/user/MnemonicSyntax/media/Questionstheidiot.jpg.html)

Proves you wrong.

Also, look at the picture Frag posted again. It shows the DIRECTORY as Ubisoft. UPLAY. The save location. UPLAY.

And we're the ones that need to learn how things work, but you can't read a ****ing directory? Lawl.

YazX_
12-26-2013, 01:50 AM
But you're information is false. Not ours.

For example, here's a big fat lie right here:

"If you buy AC4 through Steam, the games save on Steam's Cloud, not Ubisoft's."

Or another gem:

"You bought the game via Steam, so Ubi has no responsibility to fix your issues."

Also, people running i7s and 770GTXs don't seem to have good enough hardware to run the game. Also false.

And, you still belittle and berate everyone you come across. People do not want your help. You do not have the right to tell them to stop complaining if they choose someone else for help over you.

agreed, he is wrong in every single aspect, i think he got banned from steam and now he is spreading the word about how bad steam is, i never argue about this because its a user preference, but for me, steam is the best digital platform ever created for PC, never had any problem with it.

Oh, and btw i have 770 GTX and i7 @ 4.5 Ghz, the game avg FPS 30-32 on 2560 x 1440 resolution, on 1920 x 1080, the avg is like 50. ofcourse maxed out, ill have my second 770 GTX in few days and ill post some figures.

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 01:52 AM
agreed, he is wrong in every single aspect, i think he got banned from steam and now he is spreading the word about how bad steam is, i never argue about this because its a user preference, but for me, steam is the best digital platform ever created for PC, never had any problem with it.

Oh, and btw i have 770 GTX and i7 @ 4.5 Ghz, the game avg FPS 30-32 on 2560 x 1440 resolution, on 1920 x 1080, the avg is like 50. ofcourse maxed out, ill have my second 770 GTX in few days and ill post some figures.

Thanks Yaz, I eagerly await your results, especially with SLI. :)

Tully__
12-26-2013, 01:53 AM
Enough.