PDA

View Full Version : Any tips of finding social chests at the moment?

Terrence_Lee
12-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Hi guys, I have been waiting for 3 weeks for the social events now. I've had it.

Yesterday I read about a thread about how ubi explain about the social event issue to 1 of the player on support.

They said the social events have been too easy to find so they leveled up the difficulty of finding it in the last patch.

That really kick the players in the balls really hard. Many of us can't find ANY of them even until we beat the game.

This is getting serious, I don't know if it is true, but for me, the only thing that keeps me from achieving 100% syn is to find 3 blue chests.

Here I think the chests are the hardest to find, because if it is the white whale or royal convey, you can just sailing aimlessly in the sea for hours and hours,

and eventually you'd come across 1 or 2. But not like blue chests, just in specific locations it would appear. And I don't know whether fast travel would affect the appearance or not.

And a lot of them pop up in those tiny islands in uncharted area (which usually holds 1 of the collectables each), once you have collected the collectables, there should be no chance

for you to ever discover any blue chest on any of those islands anymore because they have no viewpoint for fast travel.

So I am asking you guys, is there any way to seek out blue chests more easily? Or any of you remember any exact locations blue chests would spawn?

REALLY FREAKING GREAT JOB UBISOFT!

RosalindDavis
12-28-2013, 01:45 AM
I don't normally contribute to forums, but this issue is so annoying that I am compelled to respond. It seems so many people are unable to achieve 100% synch because of the social events issue, most notably the social chests.

I too have never seen a social chest, not a single one, in all the time I have been playing the game - and 3 are needed for full sync, one of them even for an achievement award. It is bad enough when progress in a game relies on pure luck rather than some skill, thought or clever trick. But when that luck appears to be impossible with some people's games, it is a game-breaker and can easily ruin the otherwise great experience and fun.

I am playing on the Xbox One. Having reached almost 100% synch, I have been running around everywhere to attempt to find a social chest. I have started new games. I have visited every location mentioned on various forums where others have found a social chest. I always have online connection. I have been playing for so many hours and have spent almost my whole holiday period playing. But I am yet to see a single social chest. This is driving me insane - sometimes I wish there was a button to press to assassinate yourself! :)

Perhaps it is because of my own game-style. Perhaps it is because I am on the Xbox One. Perhaps it is because I am in a different time-zone (I am in Australia). Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

I would like to plead with Ubisoft to look into this. A game as complex as this one will always have bugs - and some of those will be very 'hidden'. Many of the issues reported on forums as bugs are in fact not bugs at all - they are simply related to game play in the sense that something must be done first, or progress in the game must first be made, etc. But the issue with social chests seems to have no answer other than a possible bug that causes them to not appear for certain people. The lack of response from Ubisoft on this issue is perhaps the most annoying thing. If only there was some formal or official response, we would not be left in the dark - whether it is a bug, or whether we have to do something different, or whether there is a work-around, etc. As long as we know.

So please, can we have a section on the forum where official responses to critical issues can be placed? If that already exists, then I apologize - but I have been unable to locate it. For this issue, I just need to know for sure what the situation is. In the meantime, I am afraid that it has now become way too boring to continue aimlessly wandering around in the hope of finding a social chest - the 'hope' is no longer there for me. To those that have somehow managed to find 3 social chests, I say you have been very lucky and I am happy for you. For the others in my situation, I can only say you are not alone!

Terrence_Lee
12-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Me too, I am in Australia. Maybe we can assume there is something to do with the Australian Ubi server too.
I don't normally contribute to forums, but this issue is so annoying that I am compelled to respond. It seems so many people are unable to achieve 100% synch because of the social events issue, most notably the social chests.

I too have never seen a social chest, not a single one, in all the time I have been playing the game - and 3 are needed for full sync, one of them even for an achievement award. It is bad enough when progress in a game relies on pure luck rather than some skill, thought or clever trick. But when that luck appears to be impossible with some people's games, it is a game-breaker and can easily ruin the otherwise great experience and fun.

I am playing on the Xbox One. Having reached almost 100% synch, I have been running around everywhere to attempt to find a social chest. I have started new games. I have visited every location mentioned on various forums where others have found a social chest. I always have online connection. I have been playing for so many hours and have spent almost my whole holiday period playing. But I am yet to see a single social chest. This is driving me insane - sometimes I wish there was a button to press to assassinate yourself! :)

Perhaps it is because of my own game-style. Perhaps it is because I am on the Xbox One. Perhaps it is because I am in a different time-zone (I am in Australia). Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

I would like to plead with Ubisoft to look into this. A game as complex as this one will always have bugs - and some of those will be very 'hidden'. Many of the issues reported on forums as bugs are in fact not bugs at all - they are simply related to game play in the sense that something must be done first, or progress in the game must first be made, etc. But the issue with social chests seems to have no answer other than a possible bug that causes them to not appear for certain people. The lack of response from Ubisoft on this issue is perhaps the most annoying thing. If only there was some formal or official response, we would not be left in the dark - whether it is a bug, or whether we have to do something different, or whether there is a work-around, etc. As long as we know.

So please, can we have a section on the forum where official responses to critical issues can be placed? If that already exists, then I apologize - but I have been unable to locate it. For this issue, I just need to know for sure what the situation is. In the meantime, I am afraid that it has now become way too boring to continue aimlessly wandering around in the hope of finding a social chest - the 'hope' is no longer there for me. To those that have somehow managed to find 3 social chests, I say you have been very lucky and I am happy for you. For the others in my situation, I can only say you are not alone!

RosalindDavis
12-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Since social events are indeed online events, it could well be an issue with the Ubi server in use for those in Australia - and perhaps other regions as well. I notice that with Commiunity Events, you can view the current leaderboards for the world and for your region. I have no idea which countries are included in my 'region' though. However, I do see that when I view those leaderboards (via the in-game database entry), they do not correspond with the position that often pops up on my screen - and the number shown in the 'my participation' at the top right of the pause menu for Community Events also does not correspond with the number shown via the database entry.

Whatever the cause, I would be so much happier if there was at least some official recognition that there IS an issue.

fatefodder
12-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Reposting advice I got from Ubisoft earlier yesterday.

I just called Ubisoft support at 1 (888) 824-7038. I had to wait in the queue for a long while (at slot 1 the whole time), but eventually I got through. A very helpful guy at the other end of the line heard me describe the issues I've run into trying to get social events to appear (zip after 100% completion and nearly all challenges done), and he confirmed that there have been multiple tickets open on the issue with only a small variance in the details.

The support guy confirmed that the issue has been raised to the development team, but also confirmed that said team is pretty much on vacation for at least another week or two due to the holidays. I then asked about the chances of social events on PlayStation 4 being looked into and fixed (I brought up Assassin's Creed III's issues as a counterexample), and he believed that the odds were good but couldn't guarantee anything.

He recommended that I encourage friends and everyone seeing this issue call 1 (888) 824-7038 to open tickets.

Basically, triaging bugs like this is a numbers game at Ubisoft; rather than a quality bar, the deciding factor of what gets looked into (and fixed) and what gets ignored is based on traffic, pure and simple. Resource allocation to a bug only makes sense if a known issue gets enough volume--otherwise pulling developers aside to fix a released title just isn't worth it. (This last bit is my interpretation.)

So here's my post. And I recommend calling in just to get a human response to what many of us are seeing as a gaping hole in an otherwise excellent release. Maybe I was just lucky, but the guys running support seem to be invested and attentive--makes me wish they had the final call in deciding when an Ubisoft release is actually ready.

Terrence_Lee
12-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Somedays I even tried playing almost whole day straight on, still could spot 1

Ningarhare
12-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Im having the same F* issue. i Live Dubai i have a netherlands Psn im trying to find these social cheast but no luck so far. Im playing on the ps4 for quit some time now. i have look everywhere in the game or on the web but i dont know why it is not showing up. I have complete every mission 100syn but no luck. is there any why to find those ches? plz help guys

Pandassin
12-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Same issue for me. I've played this game for SO many hours and got 100% Sync. My last Abstergo Challenge is to find 3 social chests, and I've only ever found one. It's really annoying since I want the last cheat. I'm from the UK in case that has to do with anything. But yeah, this really needs fixed.

mattmotion
12-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Reposting advice I got from Ubisoft earlier yesterday.

I just called Ubisoft support at 1 (888) 824-7038. I had to wait in the queue for a long while (at slot 1 the whole time), but eventually I got through. A very helpful guy at the other end of the line heard me describe the issues I've run into trying to get social events to appear (zip after 100% completion and nearly all challenges done), and he confirmed that there have been multiple tickets open on the issue with only a small variance in the details.

The support guy confirmed that the issue has been raised to the development team, but also confirmed that said team is pretty much on vacation for at least another week or two due to the holidays. I then asked about the chances of social events on PlayStation 4 being looked into and fixed (I brought up Assassin's Creed III's issues as a counterexample), and he believed that the odds were good but couldn't guarantee anything.

He recommended that I encourage friends and everyone seeing this issue call 1 (888) 824-7038 to open tickets.

Basically, triaging bugs like this is a numbers game at Ubisoft; rather than a quality bar, the deciding factor of what gets looked into (and fixed) and what gets ignored is based on traffic, pure and simple. Resource allocation to a bug only makes sense if a known issue gets enough volume--otherwise pulling developers aside to fix a released title just isn't worth it. (This last bit is my interpretation.)

So here's my post. And I recommend calling in just to get a human response to what many of us are seeing as a gaping hole in an otherwise excellent release. Maybe I was just lucky, but the guys running support seem to be invested and attentive--makes me wish they had the final call in deciding when an Ubisoft release is actually ready.

Here is my post to join in on the complaint regarding social chests. This is totally ridiculous. Calling in as well. Everyone please follow suit!

On a side note, were the developers sitting around a meeting table before the holiday break and saying "hmm, how can we REALLY piss off our fans/players before the new year"? I mean, why else would they do this before a holiday break when they know they won't be able to respond to complaints?

MnemonicSyntax
12-30-2013, 12:20 AM
This has been going on almost since ACIV's console release, back in October. It has nothing to do with the holidays and they certainly aren't doing it on purpose.

PauloMaggot
01-01-2014, 01:13 AM
man i'am from brazil and i play on xbox one but i dont find this events, and my random friends for another countries dont find to, i think thats only happen on xbox live because on psn is frequently appear

II_RICHIE_II
01-02-2014, 03:56 PM
man i'am from brazil and i play on xbox one but i dont find this events, and my random friends for another countries dont find to, i think thats only happen on xbox live because on psn is frequently appear

I'm on PS4 and haven't found any social events so far with over 50 hours of gameplay.

Kytr
01-02-2014, 07:53 PM
In 50 hours of game play, finishing everything except the legendary ships, I have found exactly 1 chest, 1 convoy and 1 white whale. This in spite of spending a lot of time sailing around killing ships for the community event that they cut off 2 days early. This really needs to be fixed.

JerethDaGryphon
01-03-2014, 12:31 AM
50 hours played none foundim worried if i pick up remaining collectables they may never spawn havent seen any harpooning targets in ages either . challenges are just that chalenges not luck based time based lotterys or massive efforst to corordinate locations and spawn times we shouldnt have to do this

D19811111111111
01-14-2014, 04:44 PM
I got same problem i Can't find any chest in ps3

Vip3rSk1ll
03-21-2014, 11:47 PM
yo dude common mate i be look for like 100 hr and i look everywhere and can you fixing plz i love assassin creed but i like to get 100 %:mad::mad: but i love it too much and i am or fan so if you can fixing fr me i love you more xxxxx

pittbull4200
03-23-2014, 03:43 PM
In 50 hours of game play, finishing everything except the legendary ships, I have found exactly 1 chest, 1 convoy and 1 white whale. This in spite of spending a lot of time sailing around killing ships for the community event that they cut off 2 days early. This really needs to be fixed.

Mine were easy to find was not even looking, maybe you are just looking to hard it is possible.

Are these Season pass chest DLC you are talking about or Community?

FigJ
04-13-2014, 10:30 PM
I've found and killed a white whale and a Royal convoy so far. They were easy to spot on the map when I zoomed out. The question that I have is when it comes to the treasure chests. Do I have to zoom in on every island/location or can I keep the camera zoomed out on the map to spot them?

RosalindDavis
04-14-2014, 01:24 AM
After a great deal more running around, I finally found the 3 chests I needed. It would seem that they have predefined spawning places as mentioned by many people. And it would also seem that they spawn at different times for different people and platforms. I went to all of the places where other people had found chests and found nothing. I went to many of those places within the time frame that the chests were supposed to be available - and I still found nothing. I found all three of my chests simply by 'luck' - I was playing for the missions on AC Initiates and simply ran into these chests over a long time.

I suspect that the chests will never show up on the map automatically in the same way that white whales and Royal convoys often do. I certainly never saw one that way. I suspect that you need to be quite close to the location of a chest before it will even show. And, once it has been 'activated' in your game, then it will show up on your map like anything else. I virtually walked into one social chest on a jetty before it registered. Another one popped up when I fast travelled to a viewpoint and looked around before leaping down. The third one (on your hideout Island of Great Inagua) finally showed up after walking along the beach a thousand times (yeah, every time I went to the Island it would a ritual for me to walk along the beach and hope!). In all of the cases, I never had any indication whatsoever on my map that a social chest was available until I came very close to it.

I cannot say whether or not this will be true for everyone. But my guess is that you will simply have to go to the places where chests have been reported. I do not think you will be able to spot any social chests by simply zooming in and out on your map. And zooming in on an island/location will almost certainly not help either.

FigJ
04-14-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the reply!

That sounds like a load of horse crap. I'm not expecting Ubisoft to make finding these super easy, but the fact that yours wouldn't show up unless your physical character was actually near it is kind of ridiculous. Looks like I'm going to have to write down the coordinates people have been posting.

RosalindDavis
04-15-2014, 12:44 AM
Yeah - I can understand that some items and/or actions might only show up when you get close - it's a good way to encourage players to explore everything. But that should never be combined with luck - which is what it is in the case of social chests. I basically explored everything many times and for many hours. If I understand correctly, if you have friends playing the game on the same platform, when they find a social chest you will get to know about it. If that is true (I don't have any friends playing the game on Xbox One) then finding them should be easier. But not everyone has friends playing. It really was a pain in the ... for me to find these - and I had given up totally - it was only pure luck at the time I was completing some AC Initiates misions.

I did find a well put together list of the social event locations, complete with directions and pictures. Perhaps is might help you and others. It can be found at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvhhVsGK1kB-dHpXRXdvX01kUHVHcXhIZnRid2xIbFE&usp=sharing#gid=3

There is an option below to switch to English. Thanks to LDL for the list.

FigJ
04-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Thanks Rosalind!

I'm on the PS4.

I just found a Social Chest at 407, 815. It's 1:37PM PST.

Just found another one right now at 615, 831 1:57PM

aleveille
04-21-2014, 04:33 AM
After weeks of searching, I did it with the help of this list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvhhVsGK1kB-dHpXRXdvX01kUHVHcXhIZnRid2xIbFE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Artemis1216
01-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Thank you Rosalind! These still work and helped immensely!

RosalindDavis
01-07-2015, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the update. Good to know they still work.