PDA

View Full Version : So I have to buy the Gold edition on top of the regular to get all the extras

Sabertooth007
12-25-2013, 12:22 PM
I bought a Nvidia Geforce 770 the other day and got a coupon code for AC IV Black Flag. However unlike Splinter Cell it isn't a special edition/gold/or whatever it is called. So am I actually going to have to buy the Gold/Special Edition in order to get all the extra content that is exclusive to the gold edition? Are there plans to provide a gold edition upgrade path for those who have the Holiday bundle (Nvidia) version of AC IV Black Flag. Since this game is tied to Uplay, can't use Steam to find out about upgrade.

EVGA stated to me on the phone that all the gold edition content can be found in the edition released in the holiday bundle, but when you redeem the code, it is for the 59.99 version not the 79.99 version.

Does anyone know the straight scoop on this? Is this free game really going to be missing all the extra content of the gold edition?

Anykeyer
12-25-2013, 12:33 PM
There will be Illustrious Pirates Pack in the future. It will unlock most of the deluxe/gold edition extras.

HypeR.tgL
12-25-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm kinda keen on trying out that Aveline DLC, I hope that's released for PC soon.

YayaTourette
12-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Hi there,

the Aveline-DLC is considered Playstation-exclusive. The only exception is the Uplay Digital Deluxe Edition. Any other physical edition does not contain it.
Up to now, there is no word that it would be released separately or as part of the season pass anytime..
In AC3 UBI did the same with the Benedict Arnold-DLC, that hasn't been available separately up to now. And I doubt, that it ever will be.

I'd suggest you'd go for that Deluxe Edition, as you already have a physical copy anyway. The only difference is in the unlock codes...

Happy Holidays,
Mork

Anykeyer
12-25-2013, 12:53 PM
As sad as it may sound for some Aveline missions have a very little chance of being included in Illustrious Pack.